Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

How might one prepare a defensive/support Kitsunoh for pursuit Colossoil? I was thinking iron defense, but guts makes Colossoil strong enough to break through. I was hoping to use something like skill swap or gastro acid, but unfortunately it does not get any such move.

How might one prepare a defensive/support Kitsunoh for pursuit Colossoil? I was thinking iron defense, but guts makes Colossoil strong enough to break through. I was hoping to use something like skill swap or gastro acid, but unfortunately it does not get any such move.
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with a defensive/support Kitsunoh, but Colossoil can rarely, if ever, afford to run Pursuit so I don't really think it's worth worrying about this set specifically. Instead of Colossoil, Mega Tyranitar, Weavile, and Tyranitar are much more viable Pursuit trappers within the current metagame, so it'd make more sense to prepare for those.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with a defensive/support Kitsunoh, but Colossoil can rarely, if ever, afford to run Pursuit so I don't really think it's worth worrying about this set specifically. Instead of Colossoil, Mega Tyranitar, Weavile, and Tyranitar are much more viable Pursuit trappers within the current metagame, so it'd make more sense to prepare for those.
Thanks; I'll probably run wil-o-wisp, then, so I can cripple them instead of just ensuring a safe exit. I was going to run 319 speed for Colossoil and Lele, but i guess I can just run max SpD for the latter. It's also my Hawlucha check, because I'm using Arghonaut as my unaware user. Protect (which I need with wish) can be used to scout banded Weavile, to determine whether or not it's safer to switch or stay in.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What's the metagame looking like with Dynamax gone?

(Looks like we might finally have a generation that's simple enough for me to play! I look forward to coming back!)

What's the metagame looking like with Dynamax gone?

(Looks like we might finally have a generation that's simple enough for me to play! I look forward to coming back!)
Right now the metagame seems fairly similar to OU in terms of team structure, many of the Pokemon which are good there are good here still and like OU, balance seems to be king.

:jumbao: :equilibra: :arghonaut: :tomohawk:
From what I’ve played at least, a lot of the CAPs seem to be viable but it’s clear that Equilibra, Tomohawk, Jumbao, and Arghonaut are a cut above the rest.

:colossoil: :aurumoth: seem interesting too but I haven’t played around much with them.

I was looking at the stat trends of CAP mons, and I found the differences between them and OU mons very interesting. Considering there is also now a similar number of CAP mons as OU mons I wanted to do a post somewhere about what I found. Where (if at all) would be the correct place to put this?

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
What does Diglett do differently from Dugtrio to warrant getting ranked?
You can use it alongside Dugtrio to trap more Fairy-type checks / sturdier Fairy-type checks (like Pyroak). Jumbao and Kerfluffle are two really fast Fairy-types that are hard to stop once their checks are weakened, and basically all of them happen to get trapped by digdug (barring Shed Shell ofc). It's especially easy for Kerfluffle to lure them in and pivot out with Parting Shot.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Choice Band hits extremely hard, is a 100% switch-in to Mollux (which is really good considering its Lava Plume burn + Calm Mind combination), and outspeeds other Dragon-types like Kyurem and Hydreigon. The rise of Physically Defensive Knock Off Toxapex doesn't help Pajantom, but at least it can't double out of Spirit Shackle. Some support Pajantom definitely needs is overwhelming Corviknight effectively.

Losing Heal Block and Z-Moves really did cripple it a lot though :(

Does the recent ban on Dracovish in OU extend to CAP as well?
Yes!
As of the final post in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tiering-seperately-from-ou.3658549/#post-8367222 CAP will maintain all of the bans that OU has in order to keep a roughly similar baseline power level for our creations, however, we may ban extra Pokémon that are more troublesome to deal with due to how CAPs change the meta, such as how we are suspect testing Clefable currently!

Is there any CAP Pokemon that are considered sweepers? Asking that because from what I've seen, most of CAP Pokemon focus more on utility than sweeping, might have been wrong about the former though.

Is there any CAP Pokemon that are considered sweepers? Asking that because from what I've seen, most of CAP Pokemon focus more on utility than sweeping, might have been wrong about the former though.
Yes they are one example is volkraken which in rain can do a lot of damage and sweep allmost everything using specs

Is part of Snaelstrom’s lack of viability the fact it’s over-reliant on Poison Heal recovery and thus cannot run Heavy-Duty Boots as a result to mitigate its Stealth Rock weakness?

Yes they are one example is volkraken which in rain can do a lot of damage and sweep allmost everything using specs
Volkraken is an Analytic wallbreaker, not a sweeper.
A sweeper would be Cawmodore, who was designed to use Belly Drum, or Aurumoth who has 101 sweeping sets despite being nerfed twice. Naviathan was designed to be able to utilise special or physical sweeping as well, though it's not very effective in the current metagame. Necturna commonly Sketches boosting moves such as Shell Smash. Many other CAPs have access to boosting moves, they just very rarely use them.
Is part of Snaelstrom’s lack of viability the fact it’s over-reliant on Poison Heal recovery and thus cannot run Heavy-Duty Boots as a result to mitigate its Stealth Rock weakness?
Yes. Its typing is just that bad that no Ability or movepool could save it. The idea was to be a "true Ground-type switch-in", but being weak to Rock moves really doesn't help that. Its stats were designed under the assumption it would be a decent wall, and thus it is outclassed as a Webs lead too. As a spinner it is a joke, and as a Rock setter it loses to every hazard remover.

Just curious to see, with clef gone, Isle of Armor DLC turned loose, and astrolotl included, when are you guys going to update the viability rankings?

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Once we have 1-2 weeks of CAPPL play; the meta isn't absurdly active outside of the tournament scene so we need that data to figure out placements for the VR.

hello I have a question hopeful this is the right place but i notice the created a pokemon section of the smogon dotcom ionly updated to kerfluffyle, can anyone tell me where i can find the infromation on the latest create a pokemon after that ? and some suggested uses and movesets for them and if they are viable and good ? i was recentyl called a stupid noob for using voodoom on the pokemons showdown and i do not want to repeated my mistake... thank you much in advance...

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hello I have a question hopeful this is the right place but i notice the created a pokemon section of the smogon dotcom ionly updated to kerfluffyle, can anyone tell me where i can find the infromation on the latest create a pokemon after that ? and some suggested uses and movesets for them and if they are viable and good ? i was recentyl called a stupid noob for using voodoom on the pokemons showdown and i do not want to repeated my mistake... thank you much in advance...
While the main CAP site is a bit out of date, you can find the basic information on all the CAP Pokemon on Smogon's main strategy dex: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/cap/

You can also use the other resources around this forum for some more help. That being said, there is nothing wrong with using any of the CAP Pokemon. Some may be better than others, but don't consider it bad to try any of them just because of what one person says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)