Computer games you played when you were younger (or still play)

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1605283837641.png

1605283871871.png

1605286903537.png

1605283920499.png

1605283997367.png

1605284260745.png

Haven't thought about pogo games in a very long time but that use to be super fun in my pre-teen years before I discovered Runescape. It is where I learned what A/S/L meant for the first time.

Edit: totally forgot about the sims

Last edited:

Lina

Creatures in Heaven
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I played and loved some very strange and wonderful computer games. One of the first being Neopets my brother somehow managed to hack into someone's account from school and we kinda just took it over, I looked after the Neopets for about a year and played those weird games to feed them. Another was The Sims which was fun for awhile, I remember creating a family with my simself, my best friends simself and our crushes at the time Jesse and Max. There was pining and drama and eventually my simself cheated on my sim boyfriend with my best friends sim boyfriend. It was very strange at the time. Another was this very specific Barbie Faries video game and my greatest challenge on that game was copying a series of notes to make a song but when I finally managed to beat it, I beat it 10 more times for good measure.

The second last one was a Australian Cricket Have a Go videogame which I got from my induction pack back when I played Cricket as a kid. I remember there being a memory game about teaching the different positions of the game which I really liked and still somewhat remember to this day. The last one was Ten Pin Bowling on the Nickelodeon website, I just really loved playing that one and frequently got the high score on it. I also remember playing a Chicken Invaders reboot but I waant very good. Do the Club Penguin mini games count? I was also very good at the Fish Catching one.

My phone isn't great with images, so here's a long list (maybe). Zuma Deluxe(?), Fishdom, Tropical Poppit (i think that was the name), Mahjong, Chess Titans, Crash and Burn, Purble Place(?), JumpStart First Grade, Adventure Capitalist (before it moved to Unity), Soccer Stars, Soccer Physics, 4x4 Soccer, World Soccer 4 (I think that was the name), Cubis, Bejeweled (i think I played all 3), Impossible Quiz, There is no Game, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Monopoly Electronic Banking, Monopoly World, regular Monopoly (yes, I played all 3 of the aforementioned Monopoly games on a computer), and probably a lot more that I can't remember. I'll update this list if I remember some.

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I spent SO much time playing the balloon popper minigame on Putt Putt. *chef's kiss* what a masterpiece

header.jpg

Also spent an obscene amount of time playing the Tarzan game

51HARNE7ZZL._SX342_.jpg

Spent a lot of time playing the Jump Start series cooking game at my cousin's as well

4a127ddb6c5ce82159c0f4d4ed52bd23.jpg

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I spent SO much time playing the balloon popper minigame on Putt Putt. *chef's kiss* what a masterpiece

for some reason this had a ridiculously good soundtrack that i still can't believe came from a preschooler's game from 1996

also Stellar posted Putt-Putt Travel's Through Time so i'm obligated to link this too

Tenshi

and I think that's beautiful
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I've played Doom(Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom Plutonia/TNT) since I was pretty little, don't remember what age I started but I was def a kid. I still love Doom today and hold it closely as one of the most timeless classics of all time. (it's just a shame that doom 3 and 4 are very much not that v_v)

Other games I played when I was younger was Webkinz which yea lol talking when I was 5-8 here o_o Webkinz was the shit though, it went to shit when it started to become premium(which to begin with you had to buy the plushies to get a code which I guess made it premium to begin with but then they had an online premium subscription and locked shit behind that which fucking suuuuuucked) so I stopped playing it which was a shame cause it was super fun.

Then it happened, the most drastic event of my life * _* (lol 13 year old tenshi, also happened like a month after I started using PS)
I found a black midi of Necrofantasia in middish 2013(
) when I started playing piano for the first time and then that started a slippery slope that eventually led me to start playing Touhou by the end of 2013. This led to a 5 year long obsession where my interests basically revolved entirely around Touhou which was uh...something, I still play touhou a lot but I'm hardly obsessed with it anymore, largely because I spent 2013-2018 with it consuming my life lol, it was fun though I still love the series. Funnily enough I can track my phases of how I got into touhou through my PS alts because I made each one at specific points like Yuuka Houndour was my first because Yuuka was my favorite character from the Bad Apple PV(and houndour was at the time my fav pokemon, creative ik), flandre izayoi when I had beat Flandre, my first extra stage clear, for the first time a fair bit after I started playing. Tenshi Nagae and Sumireko Okazaki being when I started playing Touhou 10.5 and 14.5 for the first time respectively, and now I'm just Tenshi cause I realized I was unintentionally creating ship names and the only thing I ship is raileon :3

The only other game that I think I've played through most of my life was Plants Vs Zombies which is honestly just a joy to play, from the art, the gameplay, THE MUSIC. damn it's just a really great game lol, I kinda wanna replay it rn but it's not on my laptop rip. There's never a bad time for PvZ1 though it's really a great game
I remember about 9 years ago when I first bought PvZ, I'd play it in a little study room at the uni I currently go to while I waited for my mom and dad to finish their classes, little memories like that really make PvZ feel special to me even though that's like one of the most inconsequential memories lmao

it's 4 am, good luck trying to read through my tired rambling, hope it's legible x_x

Oh boy... back in the 90’s, early 2000’s when I was a young lad I had tons of pc games.

Ignoring the lengthy list of kid’s educational games, I played:

-The first few Tomb Raider games (my smart self pronounced tomb with an audible “b”)

1605442378620.jpeg

Seen here: some approximation of breasts

-a couple of King’s Quest games. I was terrible at them.

-Space Quest! I was worse at these.

-Oregon Trail (all your meat has spoiled and your wife is DEAD)

1605442463801.jpeg

-Diablo, which has remained one of my favorite series. Nothing could come close to the experience of that game as a kid. I was so tense the whole time.

A piece of music that will stay with me for a long time

-Neverwinter Nights. I also spent AGES fiddling with the toolset.

-Everquest. Played it regularly for around 10 years. Probably why modern mmo’s are so boring to me. This was another priceless gaming experience to have as a child.

I feel like I’m forgetting plenty but these are the ones that stood out in my mind.

Last edited:
completely forgot about this site i used to steal games from called zylom. i remember teaching my friends about how you can just input whatever garbage when it asked for credit card info and the system would just accept it and let u download whatever game you wanted

I'm 22 years old and I've been playing Rocket League for 4 years now. I started playing when I was 17 years old. And I reached 1170 mmr in this game at some point. By the way, what are your Rocket league ranks ? Because when I reached a higher level, it became much more interesting for me to play, because the opponents are strong, and everyone wants to win and doesn't make some stupid moves. I had a dream to become an esports player, but the competition was too big and I just started streaming.

Last edited:

Tenshi

and I think that's beautiful
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Anyone here familiar with this game? It's a racing game I used to play a lot as a kid and was wondering if anyone else knows wtf it is lmao such an odd obscure little game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)