Pet Mod Assist Wars (Slate 3: Deities Medley - Submission Phase)

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Approved by AquaticPanic

Assist Wars

Hello and welcome to Assist Wars! This pet mod aims to recreate the feeling of assist characters from fighting games in a 3v3 pokemon format. To achieve that, each pokemon line gets assigned an "assist move". When a specific pokemon is benched during a battle, its assist move can be used by the mons that are on the team. Considering three pokemons will be benched, all pokemons on the team effectively have a total of 7 moveslots! However, this comes with the drawback that assist moves can only be used once per match. This opens the gate for a frantic metagame where mindgames have an even more important place than in standard tiers!

Submission rules

This mod follows a system of weekly slates! Each weeks, 5 pokemon lines are going to be made eligible to receive submissions. We're then gonna vote for which submission for each line should get in the mod.

When submitting an assist move, be sure to have every element listed below:

- Name of the move
- Name of (at least) the last pokemon in the line
- Typing of the move. Try to make it correspond to one of the pokemon's typing, but if there's a good enough reason to break the rule, exceptions can be made.
- Category of the move. Physical, Special, or Status. Assist moves follow those as well!
- Base Power (BP) of the move.
- Accuracy (Acc) of the move.
- Misc. Here you put the additional categories of your move (contact, ballistic, sound-based, etc...) and priority.
- Effect of the move. Be sure to include both secondary effects (ones that have percentages) and other info like recoil, or even just what your moves do in the case of a status move.
- Niche. How and when would you use that move? Keep in mind that it's gonna be made for a 3v3 format and, more importantly, that the pokemon that you are subbing for will NOT be able to use that move!

Code:
:ss/<insert pokemon's name>:
[B]Name[/B]: x
[B]Typing[/B]: [IMG]https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/<insert typing>.gif[/IMG]
[B]Category[/B]: [IMG]https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/<insert category (physical, special, or "other" for status>.png[/IMG]
[B]BP[/B]: x
[B]Acc[/B]: x
[B]Misc.[/B]: xxxx
[B]Effect[/B]: xxxx

[B]Niche[/B]: xxxx

Other important submission guidelines

To ensure that assist moves aren't too powerful as to make you chose a dead-weight pokemon solely for the move it provides, three different paths of balance are possible:
1- Simply have moves that have a low impact on the game overall but that can have specific uses, like a +1 speed boost or a low-BP coverage move
2- Drawbacks, like low accuracy or recoil damage
3- Conditions, in which case a move could only be used with a specific set-up, like a move that would only work under rain or if the target has more than 1/2 of its health.

Another thing we're going to do to ensure you don't feel the absolute need to use unviable mons is that in general, make more popular pokemons have stronger/more versatile moves than unpopular mons. This kinda goes against how things are done in pet mods in general, but to be sure to keep the "modes" aspect of 3v3, you'd still want to be able to chose different configurations of 3 mons with your team of 6, something that's not possible when 3 of your mons are ZU mons with busted assist moves. Basically, when submitting, you want to consider that in battle, your gonna be choosing between the pokemon and the move, and you want this choice to be as much of a 50/50 as possible.

Finally, about choosing, and I cannot stress this enough, the pokemon you sub your move to will not be able to use it! Only other pokemons will be able to make use of it. For instance, giving a Trick Room setting move to a TR abuser wouldn't really be of any use, because not only would it not have access to it, the rest of the team would probably follows a different archetype that wouldn't require said TR!

Council

:raboot: Gravity Monkey (Leader) :raboot:
:cosmog: kakaks :cosmog:
:wartortle: zxgzxg :wartortle:

Resources

Discord server
Spreadsheet incoming​

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Slate 0 - Base Meta Discussion
Before we start going forward with the Mod, I'd like to have you guys' input on a specific question: What metagame are we gonna base ourselves off? There are I think three avenues. The first two would be to take one of the two smogon metagames, OU or Nat Dex, and make them 3v3. For Nat Dex, there is also the option to remove Mega-Evolutions or Z-Moves if it wins. The last one would be to base the meta around Battle Stadium Singles, which is the Game Freak 3v3 format. If it wins, there is still the possibility to remove Dynamaxing.

For this, we're gonna use this post as a voting ballot. You have to like this post with a specific reaction:

- Love (Alomomola): Base this mod on a 3v3 version of gen 8 OU
- Laugh (Koffing): Base this mod on a 3v3 version of gen 8 Nat Dex (with a possibility to remove Z-moves/Megas later)
- Woah (Bellsprout): Base this mod on Battle Spot Singles (with a possibility to remove Dynamax and add additional clauses later)

You can now post!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My first question, is there any major differences between Battle Spot Singles and a 3v3 OU firmat outside of Dynamax Clause? If so, I think going forward with BSS makes sense. If not, since the chances if banning Dynamax are probably high, just go to a 3v3 OU (or NatDex) variant.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
My first question, is there any major differences between Battle Spot Singles and a 3v3 OU firmat outside of Dynamax Clause? If so, I think going forward with BSS makes sense. If not, since the chances if banning Dynamax are probably high, just go to a 3v3 OU (or NatDex) variant.
There are quite a lot, actually! First off all, bss is played with level 50 mons, so EV reparts are handled a bit differerently. Secondly, bss does not have all the custom smogon clauses that OU has. Which means that you can use OHKO moves, evasion boosting moves, moody, and that there is no sleep clause, tho like we can modify that sort of stuff. Finally, the pool of pokemon is also different, with some Uber mons available (thinking about naganadel and galar-darm in particular), while literally all mythical mons are just straight up not usable.

I vote for bss. an enviroment similar to an existing metagame would make it easier to adapt to this mod. And, i do believe we should add dmax clause. As much as i love to use it in-game, anyone with an positive iq can see why is dmaxing broken. the no legends and mythicals clause could also be deleted.

Also, i just got in the council, tagging kris and the immortal to implement it

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
I vore for bss. an enviroment similar to an existing metagame would make it easier to adapt to this mod. And, i do believe we should add dmax clause. As much as i love to use it in-game, anyone with an positive iq can see why is dmaxing broken. the no legends and mythicals clause could also be deleted.

Also, i just got in the council, tagging kris and the immortal to implement it
I feel like since we are definitely going to remove Dynamax and mythical limitation, I feel like it would be easier to start with OU and NatDex. Furthermore, there is the issue of balancing evasion and sleep spam (I don't really play BSS, so I'm not sure if these two things are over centralizing, but they still seem infuriating in a 3v3 format). Unless assist moves find a way to remedy these things, it'd be safer to stick with OU or NatDex.

EDIT: evasion spam, not priority spam

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
All right all right, voting closes now! With 8 votes on 16, our mod is gonna be following Gen 8 OU's ruleset! With that in mind, lets jump right into...

Slate 1: Free for All!

For this first place, you can chose the mons for which you're gonna make moves for, with one rule: you have to take pokemon that are currently in the OU viability list (which you can find here). You can also only make a maximum of 5 submissions. Be sure to follow the submission rules and guidelines when subbing!

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
you hate to see em
:ss/Toxapex:
Name: Barbed Armor
Typing:

Category:

BP: -
Acc: -
Misc.: Toxapex must have the move Baneful Bunker.
Effect: Raises the user's Defense and Special Defense by 2 and poison the user. Fails if the user is immune to Poison or cannot be poisoned.

Niche: Increases the viability of Guts users such as Obstagoon and Heracross by giving them the ability to run an item and extra longevity through defense boosts. However, it doesn't really have the much use outside of Guts users. (RIP Poison Heal)

:ss/Clefable:
Name: Lunar Guard
Typing:

Category:

Misc.: Clefable must have the move Wish
Effect: Changes the user's ability to Magic Guard. The ability reverts once the user switches out.

Niche: Increases the viability of setup sweepers by negating Life Orb and recoil damage and improving matchups against walls by negating status damage.

:ss/ferrothorn:
Name: Gatling Spikes
Typing:

Category:

BP: 35
Acc: 100
Misc.: Ferrothorn must have the move Spikes and the ability Iron Barbs.
Effect: Hits 2-5 times.

Niche: Helps physical Fighting- and Dark- types like Urshifu and Pheromosa break past Fairy-types.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Name: Shocking Trap
Typing:

Category:

BP: 20
Acc: 90
Misc.: Regieleki must have Thunder Cage
Effect: Traps the opponent for 4-5 turns and deals damages equal to 1/8 of its maximun HP

Niche: This allows special set-up sweepers, like Magearna and Spectrier, to trap Toxapex and beat it 1v1.

Name: Free Flight
Typing:

Category:

Misc.: Hawlucha must have Sky Attack and the item has to be a specific item (Refering to Spoiler)
Effect: The items gets consumed and gets a +1 Speed boost as well as another boost, which depends on the item (Refering to Spoiler).
Choice Band => +1 Atk.
Choice Specs => +1 Sp. Atk.
Choice Scarf => +1 Spe.
Electric & Grassy Seed => +1 Def.
Psychic & Misty Seed => +1 Sp. Def.
Stat boosting berries boost their respective stat

Niche: Pokémon get the chance to boost their respective Attacking stat as well as their Speed by one stage and defensive mons can consume their seeds or berries without their requirements.

Name: Botanic Cure
Typing:

Category:

Misc.: Zarude must have Jungle Healing
Effect: Heals the Pokémon by 50% of its maximum HP if it isn't statused. When statused, it heals 25% of its maximum HP and cures Status. When used on Grassy Terrain it heals 75% of the mons maximum HP and cures Status.

Niche: Pokémon can heal their HP and/or Status and be back in the game for more offensive assault or defensive walling. It gets better in Grassy Terrain, Rillaboom could possibly be a great user.

Last edited:
haha assist goes brrrrrrr​
:nidoking:
:dragonite:
:glastrier:
:victini:
:buzzwole:
Pokemon​
Nidoking​
Dragonite​
Glastrier​
Victini​
Buzzwole​
Name​
Infectated Force​
Scale guard​
Chilling crash​
V-Boost​
Vital leech​
Typing​
Poison
Dragon
Ice
Fire
Bug
Category​
Special
Physical
Physical
Status
Physical
BP​
100​
90​
120​
-​
100​
Acc​
100​
100​
75​
-​
100​
Requirement​
Life orb, Sheer force​
Multiscale, Outrage
Icicle crash
V-create
Leech life
Effect​
has an 75% chance to Poison target, fails if target is over 80% hp(normal poison, not toxic)​
User recieves 50% less damage from the target this turn
nothing​
Next attack deals doubled damage, but lowers all stats by 1 after use​
Recovers 50% of damage dealt​
Niche​
Can reliably deal damage and status​
Helps mons like Blaziken and Sharpedo set up speed boosts​
Strong coverage move​
Helps dealing with bulkier targets, but has an drawback​
Good recovery for attackers that cant afford to lose momentum​

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Ok so quick clarifications: My idea for restrictions weren't movepool restrictions, but I think it's quite a good idea! Just, as long as it doesnt push the necessity for totally useless move. Speaking of which...

Name: Shocking Trap
Typing:

Category:

BP: 20
Acc: 90
Misc.: Regieleki must have Thunder Cage
Effect: Traps the opponent for 4-5 turns and deals damages equal to 1/8 of its maximun HP

Niche: This allows special set-up sweepers, like Magearna and Spectrier, to trap Toxapex and beat it 1v1.

Name: Free Flight
Typing:

Category:

Misc.: Hawlucha must have Fly and the item has to be a specific item (Refering to Spoiler)
Effect: The items gets consumed and gets a +1 Speed boost as well as another boost, which depends on the item (Refering to Spoiler).
Choice Band => +1 Atk.
Choice Specs => +1 Sp. Atk.
Choice Scarf => +1 Spe.
Assault Vest => +1 Sp. Def.
Electric & Grassy Seed => +1 Def.
Psychic & Misty Seed => +1 Sp. Def.
Stat boosting berries boost their respective stat

Niche: Pokémon get the chance to boost their respective Attacking stat as well as their Speed by one stage and defensive mons can consume their assault vest and then use any moves they want.

Name: Botanic Cure
Typing:

Category:

Misc.: Zarude must have Jungle Healing and Grassy Terrain
Effect: Heals the Pokémon by 50% of its maximum HP if it isn't statused. When statused, it heals 25% of its maximum HP and cures Status. When used on Grassy Terrain it heals 75% of the mons maximum HP and cures Status.

Niche: Pokémon can heal their HP and/or Status and be back in the game for more offensive assault or defensive walling. It gets better in Grassy Terrain, Rillaboom could possibly be a great user.
So yeah, about that, I dont think you'd realistically want to bring a Zarude in a match if it had to spend a move on grassy terrain. Maybe only have Jungle healing as the restriction? I dont think it would be too strong, considering it's only a one-off heal.

Same for Fly Hawlucha, I think putting the restriction on Sky Attack or Acrobatics would make more sense. As for the effect, it's pretty cool, tho since its a status move you can't use it with Assault Vest lol

haha assist goes brrrrrrr​
:nidoking:
:dragonite:
:glastrier:
:victini:
:azelf:
Pokemon​
Nidoking​
Dragonite​
Glastrier​
Victini​
Azelf​
Name​
Infectated Force​
Scale guard​
Chilling crash​
V-Boost​
Rocky destruction​
Typing​
Poison
Dragon
Ice
Fire
Rock
Category​
Special
Physical
Physical
Status
Physical
BP​
100​
90​
120​
-​
200​
Acc​
100​
100​
80​
-​
95​
Requirement​
Life orb, Sheer force​
Multiscale, Outrage
Icicle crash
V-create
Stealth rocks, Explosion
Effect​
has an 75% chance to Poison target (normal poison, not toxic)​
User recieves 50% less damage from the target this turn
nothing​
Next attack deals doubled damage, but lowers all stats by 1 after use​
Sets up Stealth rocks before using the move, dies after using this move​
Niche​
Can reliably deal damage and status​
Helps mons like Blaziken and Sharpedo set up speed boosts​
Strong coverage move​
Helps dealing with bulkier targets, but has an drawback​
Good suicide lead compliment​
Cool subs, my only concern is that some of them are pretty strong. Infectated Force and Chilling Crash are pretty free moves. For Infectated Force, id maybe add some sort of additional restriction, like idk it fails on mons that are still at full health or something. As for Chilling Crash, I think you're on a good path with the low acc, maybe just reduce it even more.
(Also could I ask you to rework Rocky Destruction? Azelf is already a suicide lead so like having a move that transforms someone else in your team in a suicide lead is kinda redundant.)

Now with my own subs!

Name: Hoof Stomp
Typing:

Category:

BP: 50
Misc.: Glastrier must have Icicle Crash
Effect: Reduce the target's speed by one stage.

Niche: Ice coverage is godsend for certain mons, especially considering how Lando is roaming pretty much everywhere in 3v3 formats. Even something with as little BP can be useful for some mons, and the secondary effect can help for some nifty follow ups.

:ss/tapu koko:
Name: Guardian's Bolt
Typing:

Category:

BP: 85
Acc: 80
Misc.: Koko must have the ability Electric Surge and the move Thunderbolt
Effect: If you score a K.O. with this move, Electric Terrain is set up and this move gets its PP restored.

Niche: A strong move for a god mon. This move can, in the right conditions, be a powerful cleaning tool, though its low accuracy prevents it from being spammed too freely. Electric coverage is nice to have anyway.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
All right, we're gonna be wrapping up this submission slate in 24 hours. Get your last minute moves in!

Hey Gravity Monkey, can I double check, apologies if you've stated, do these Assist Moves still work should the provided be Fainted? And I assume that they work as per the active pokemon's stats, not the assisting pokemon?

:ss/Tornadus-Therian:
Name: Howling Gale
Typing:

Category:

BP: 100
Acc: 75
Misc.: Tornadus must have Hurricane, and must not be fainted.
Effect: Flying Type Magma Storm Clone.

Niche: the high damage helps provide some strong coverage, albeit with low accuracy, and can make a misplay into a costly opportunity that the user of the assist can set up with.

:ss/Salazzle:
Name: Toxic Tiara
Typing: Poison
Category:

Acc: 100%
Misc.: Salazzle must have a Poison Type move.
Effect: this move has the effects of the Corrosive ability, and the opponent is Poisoned (normal poison).

Niche: It's not Toxic, but it's still guaranteed chip damage you can inflict in something that is otherwise not expecting it, even Poison and Steel types.

:ss/Lycanroc-Dusk:
Name: Splintershard
Typing:

Category:

BP: 40
Misc.: Must know Accelerock
Effect: This move has Priority.

Niche: For when that last little bit of chip, combined with a bit of speed, and a fairly strong offensive typing can make a difference.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Hey Gravity Monkey, can I double check, apologies if you've stated, do these Assist Moves still work should the provided be Fainted? And I assume that they work as per the active pokemon's stats, not the assisting pokemon?
I'm not Gravity Monkey, but assist moves can only be used when a Pokemon is benched, so it doesn't really matter whether the assister is fainted or not, since they can't really faint. And yes, damage is calculated by the user of the move, not by the assister.
:ss/Salazzle:
Name: Corrosive Corona
Typing: Poison
Category:

Acc: 100%
Misc.: Salazzle must have a Poison Type move.
Effect: this move has the effects of the Corrosive ability, and the opponent is Poisoned (normal poison).

Niche: It's not Toxic, but it's still guaranteed chip damage you can inflict in something that is otherwise not expecting it, even Poison and Steel types.
In light of recent events, I'd like to ask you to change the name of the move. It's a little distasteful since all this stuff is still going on. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Liking all the subs so far, keep it up guys :blobthumbsup:

Name Rage of the River
- Name Gyarados
- Typing Dragon
- Category Status
- Base Power --
- Accuracy --
- Misc. Gyarados Must know both a dragon move and a water move.
- Effect Summons swamp on the opponent's side, raises the attack of the next Pokemon to switch in on your side by 2 stages. (One stage if balance means that much to you)
- Niche : It's like wish support, except instead of healing its setting up.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Name Rage of the River
- Name Gyarados
- Typing Dragon
- Category Status
- Base Power --
- Accuracy --
- Misc. Gyarados Must know both a dragon move and a water move.
- Effect Summons swamp on the opponent's side, raises the attack of the next Pokemon to switch in on your side by 2 stages. (One stage if balance means that much to you)
- Niche : It's like wish support, except instead of healing its setting up.
Quick question about this sub. Will it raise the attack whatever Pokemon is on the field, which could be the user, like Wish normally does, or will it wait for the user to switch before activating?

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Submissions are now closed! For the voting phase, you can vote for up to 5 submissions, unordered. 1 self vote is allowed. We're gonna take a number between 4 and 6 as winners depending on the votes. you votes should look like this:

User's move
User's move
User's move
User's move
User's move

With that in mind, let's begin the first voting phase! We're gonna close in approximately 3 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)