1v1 1v1 Majors II - Round 1

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Art by Swiffix

Welcome to the second edition of 1v1 Majors! In this tournament, participants will start off in a pool with other players, and those with the best records within those pools will advance to the second round. Each pool will have a boss, who is a credible player handpicked by the hosts. After the first round, the tournament will shift to a traditional single elimination tournament.

Tournament Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SS 1v1 tournament.
  • Replays are required for every match in this tournament. Any match reported without replays will be replayed.
  • Timer is absolutely mandatory. You cannot gentleman to playing without timer. If I see you playing without timer, I will turn it on myself.
  • The format for Pools Phase is as follows:
    • The Pools Phase of this tournament will be round robin. Players will be placed in pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.
    • Because this phase is a round robin format, this means you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to playing games with potential substitutes.
    • Each pool will have a pool boss who will be handpicked by the tournament hosts.
    • Pools matches will be best of five. You may switch teams between matches and opponents.
    • The best 2 record holders in each pool will move on to Playoffs.
  • The format for Playoffs and onwards is as follows:
    • The format will be best of five, single elimination.
  • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
  • All matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, either the main server or smogtours.
  • Any tier changes that occur during a round will not be in effect until the following round.
  • VPNs are banned.
  • Be mindful of your differential as it is an important tie-breaker.
Please read the general tournament rules provided in this link : Rules

All standard clauses apply:
  • Sleep Clause: If a player has already put an opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move and that Pokémon is still sleeping due to that sleep inducing move, the player cannot put another opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same species of Pokémon on their team, based on the National Pokedex Number. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use Double Team or Minimize in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

The deadline for extended matches from the Pools Phase is Wednesday, September 7th at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Round 1

cleffa hater  vs  DezShizzels
Elo Bandit
 vs  DEG (Extended)
swag god
 vs  Fleeting Memories
pppppp  vs  XSTATIC COLD
Nick
 vs  Eeveekid10
crying  vs  DenisTheMenace
Mishlef  vs  SiceXV
ncalathes
 vs  Alpha1013
ihbst  vs  deddd
Ad067
 vs  jp005
stravench  vs  Urfgurgle
Tom1535  vs  torterraxx
Call me PK  vs  1 EAST
Mr.Bossaru
 vs  Exit scam
zo  vs  NotAnHacker
Kolohe  vs  neomon
greenandgrey77  vs  Nultiprise
bilb owo  vs  Sailorgreatest
Rosa
 vs  eblurb
pinorska  vs  Ford Prefect
Lumii
 vs  STABLE
bo_bobson27  vs  Go greeninja
SwordIsBored  vs  Nezloe
DreamPrince  vs  Runoisch
Sificon
 vs  LeCehlou
Gym Socks!  vs  Joker 1v1
smely socks  vs  Fluore
gorilaa  vs  Close
rumia  vs  PA
Jeansmm  vs  martinvtran
Ron  vs  aim
doc1203  vs  Murman

Pairings were generated at https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/7737/.

Deadline for Round 1 is Sunday, September 11th, at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
unbiased predicts

I know nothing about a lot of these people

cleffa hater  vs  DezShizzels - cleffa hater packin 8 inches fosho
Elo Bandit  vs  DEG - both are good and i like them both but i think elo bandit is better at ss probably, highlight match imo
swag god  vs  Fleeting Memories - idk who these people are
pppppp  vs  XSTATIC COLD - i cant bet against xsc ever
Nick  vs  Eeveekid10 - nicks cold still
crying  vs  DenisTheMenace - denis is the itallion stallion with an immense girth and acumen for generation 8 1v1
Mishlef  vs  SiceXV - sice has magic asian persuasion powers and i simply cant see him losing, however mishlef is actually good as well, this a hl match id say
ncalathes  vs  Alpha1013 - ncalathes will smoke this alpha geezer
ihbst  vs  deddd - ihbst gonna be deddd after this (Lol)
Ad067  vs  jp005 - idk who these people are but i think jp will win
bea  vs  Urfgurgle - dont really know who either of these are but urfgurgle ive conversed w before i believe
Tom1535  vs  torterraxx - torterraxx is cold watched him in sm live tour hes definitely good hes probably good he should be alright
Call me PK  vs  1 EAST - ive seen 1 east at the top of the userlist in 1v1 room a lot and i like the little star he puts in his name so i think hes got this
Mr.Bossaru  vs  Exit scam - EXIT SCAM EXIT SCAM
zo  vs  NotAnHacker - zo seems cool i back it
Kolohe  vs  neomon - schwung
(Winner of Podra vs greenandgrey77)  vs  Nultiprise - not the foggiest who any of these r lol
bilb owo  vs  Sailorgreatest - billy boy got this
Rosa  vs  eblurb - another highlight fasho imo, i think both are on the more competent side out of the pool that im seeing, but i think glyx is very good and will probably win but could go away
pinorska  vs  Ford Prefect - who
Lumii  vs  STABLE - RADU GONNA SMOKE THAT LUMII PACK
bo_bobson27  vs  Go greeninja - i dont really know any of these but bo bobsons got a better name
SwordIsBored  vs  Nezloe - sword is bored is actually quite good and i keep playing him at oras all the time so gonna give it to him considering i have no fucking idea who nezloe is
DreamPrince  vs  Runoisch - who
Sificon  vs  LeCehlou - room mod daddy rawr
Gym Socks!  vs  Joker 1v1 - joker won out my pool so he better fucking perform sensationally in this stupid tour
smely socks  vs  Fluore - i think smely socks is good
gorilaa  vs  Close - close is sick
rumia  vs  PA - pa also sick
Jeansmm  vs  martinvtran - martin won my pool, came top, so obviously he should win the entire tour, however i did beat him 3-0 and i despise ss, however im still backing martin to go far.
Ron  vs  aim - i dont really know ron and i know aim is a big youtuber, however i think aim is gonna get supplied endless ss teams by randoms so if he can sort through the muck and choose good teams he'll do alright probably
doc1203  vs  Murman - i think doc numbers has this.

hater

formerly cleffa hater
cleffa hater  vs  DezShizzels - I will drag my circles across his face
Elo Bandit  vs  DEG - smely will ghost deg and bandito will lose 3-1
swag god  vs  Fleeting Memories - big dawg rtm will make memories just memories. GN
pppppp  vs  XSTATIC COLD - 2013 DS Champion KING COLD. ITS OVA
Nick  vs  Eeveekid10 - Nick will be playing at a sleepover and lose to the Eevee.
crying  vs  DenisTheMenace - Denis will put his long baguette up crying. 3-0
Mishlef  vs  SiceXV - sice will get drunk and shag Mishlef.
ncalathes  vs  Alpha1013 - ncal is mad from getting packed by toxapex in masters, redemption story.
ihbst  vs  deddd - deddd will get ghosted by the avengers and win on a crit 3-2
Ad067  vs  jp005 - uhhh i have a friend from school and we call him jp
bea  vs  Urfgurgle - urfgurgle will look at bea's teams, call them vile and then hax as he did me in his stupid video.
Tom1535  vs  torterraxx - lol
Call me PK  vs  1 EAST - pool boss pk gone
Mr.Bossaru  vs  Exit scam - Bossaru's brother is out of town and will fail to act fish exit scam.
zo  vs  NotAnHacker - who is NotAnHacker
Kolohe  vs  neomon - schwung with dat schlong
(Winner of Podra vs greenandgrey77)  vs  Nultiprise - greenandgrey77 not dropping a game
bilb owo  vs  Sailorgreatest - i would vote sailor, but I really just can't
Rosa  vs  eblurb - eblurb is gonna make scrambled eggs outta rosa
pinorska  vs  Ford Prefect - pinorska will be distracted by naked girls on his phone
Lumii  vs  STABLE - yeah enough said
bo_bobson27  vs  Go greeninja - greeninja is going to the grave.
SwordIsBored  vs  Nezloe - i know who sword is
DreamPrince  vs  Runoisch - the battle of sample teams
Sificon  vs  LeCehlou - puppet master rosa will control her kitten LeChump and he will win 3-1
Gym Socks!  vs  Joker 1v1 - the type of games gym wins
smely socks  vs  Fluore - global mod smely will ip ban fluore and win by default
gorilaa  vs  Close - close is him
rumia  vs  PA - pa will win with someone else's teams easily
Jeansmm  vs  martinvtran - stick to social media
Ron  vs  aim - aim is using bilbo teams and that will be his downfal, r1 exit.
doc1203  vs  Murman - doc will return to his bo7 form and won't lose

bilb owo

Banned deucer.
cleffa vs dez - cleffa's choke season is looking over and he's a gen8 player.
elo vs deg - deg has played gen8 in the last year.
rtm vs memories
pp... vs XSC - probably the most one sided matchup here.
nick vs eevee - nick will bring bizarre shit and it will somehow work.
crying vs denis - the return of the menace.
mishlef vs sice - controversial one but mishlef has been in some good form recently.
ncal vs alpha - always backing my boy.
ihbst vs dedd - dedd will have some good friendly matchplay guidance to help him win.
ad067 vs jp006 - I have heard of ad067 before.
bea vs urf - might actually be an exciting one to watch.
tom1525 vs tort - low diff.
call me pk vs 1 east - controversial but I back 1 east.
bossaru vs exit scam - regardless of who was on the right side I was probably bolding them.
zo vs notanhacker - I know who zo is.
kolohe vs neomonster - lgi champ.
greenandgrey vs nultiprise - act win.
bilb owo vs sailors greatest - sailors greatest the goat of youtube shorts replays, kinda want him to win to see some more games in 2fps.
rosa vs eblurb - eggs.
pinorska vs ford prefect - I know little about pinorska's play but less about ford prefect.
lumi vs stable - radu plays gen8
bo vs greeninja - the LT underdog will do it again.
swordisbored vs nezloe- ?
dreamprince vs runoisch - I think dream prince has played the tier.
sificon vs lecehlou - redemption arc.
gym socks vs Joker - could probably go either way but i back gym.
smely vs fluore - smely will use ps global mod powers to see what fluore picks in advance.
gorilaa vs close - one of the greatest in the business.
rumia vs pa - I think pa is just better.
jeansmm vs martin - lets go girly.
ron vs aim - more 1v1 youtube content (:
doc vs murm - doc wins if he doesn't self sabotage and bring awful teams.
:gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom: :gloom:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)