Sports FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Biggest disappointment of the world cup so far*

Jayi's gonna be more disappointed when both the teams he supports (Wales and Morocco) crash out of the groups
Good correction, but I genuinely think Morocco will be the underdog, you have Ziyech coming out of international retirement, I've watched them during Afcon they have a hell of a goal keeper as well, 2nd best goalkeeper in Africa after Mendy.

Screw Wales (No offense to any Welsh)

1667939894307.png

first second
Netherlands Senegal
I don't think either Ecuador or Qatar could pull an upset here. Depending on Mané's form Senegal could top the group here but I assume he won't be fully recovered from there so I just went for the most consistent team.

Argentina Poland
Argentina is probably the most complete team of this tournament. Great attack, great midfield, great defense. For many, me included, the great favourite. Toping their group seems more than doable for them. Neither Mexico nor Poland have really impressed me in recent years. Honestly I wouldn't be that surprised to see Saudi Arabia going through.

Spain Germany
I have always liked Japan's style of play and I think against Spain we will witness a very interesting game. Moreover, I think it will also be beneficial for the Japanese team. But then again, we have Germany and Spain. Spain being #1 here prolly doesn't need much explanations, let's just hope we don't die from boredom. Germany is not at its best, so Japan has a chance. Their last few qualifying matches showed that they are the best team in Asia and I hope they will be keen to live up to their football ambitions.

Brazil Switzerland
Death group number 1. Brazil is another serious contender for the "bring it home". Then, they appear less complete as Argentina. Well, their attack is by far the best of the tournament and being able to press high and effectively is a game changer against most of the teams of the world cup. However, their defence seems to me to be kinda weak (I mean for a team that got such ambitions) and this could be detrimental to them. Besides, we have seen that during the Euro, Switzerland was able to handle the pressure very well with a very tight and organised group, and I think they will be able to give the Brazilians a hard time if the formers don't manage to break this cohesion. But Brazil is Brazil I don't really see them losing any group games. Serbia and Cameroon are both contenders for the second place but I didn't watch any games from them.

Wales England
Wales is one of the underdogs of the tournament in my opinion, England sucks hard and for that's let's be happy, but not sure if Iran or the US can really do anything to kick them out.

Denmark France
Football terrorist Deschamps gonna bless us with some heavy 3 full back, PavardRwb, and Rabiot, oh guys you don't know what you are in for. But unfort I dare say they will break the curse. Well, hopefully Denmark will show us a 3-1 win.

Belgium Canada
Death group number 2. Belgian team is surely eager to show that it can actually win something before the end of its golden generation. I would personally like to see them success but it surely won't be easy against the 2 south american giants. Anyway, before thinking any further they will have to go through their group which is quite tough, to say the least. I can see all the four going through, well, Belgium is still more likely to top it, but Croatia has shown 4 years ago it was an actual threat, and I still think they are. Morocco has shown some promising things, with a solid defence supported by 2 great wingers. And I think Canada is another underdog. I've been following their matches over the past year and I must say I find their playstyle really cool so just rooting for them here but that's more personal.

Portugal Uruguay
The last groupe and tbh I haven't much to say. Many people have told me great good abt SK but I haven't seen a single game from them, same goes for Ghana (well I did but I forgot). So just going with Uruguay that did well in Copa, but idk if it's a basis solid enough to secure a second place here.

Last edited:
My picks:

Netherlands & Senegal
England & USA (:eagle:)
Argentina & Poland
France & Denmark
Spain & Germany
Belgium & Croatia
Brazil & Serbia
Portugal & South Korea

I expect things to be tight between USA & Wales, Poland & Mexico, Serbia, Switzerland, & Cameroon (this should be a very fun group to watch), and Uruguay & South Korea. I've seen most people here put Uruguay as the ones to go forward so I'm gonna be a little bold and say it will be South Korea instead. As for who will win it all, I truly cannot say. Brazil and Spain both looking strong as fuck, but teams like Argentina, Germany, Belgium, France, and Portugal are all solid too of course; those first two would have to be my front runners. Really sad for France to be missing both Kante and Pogba tbh. If I had to have my dream finals it would of course be Argentina vs. Portugal :woop:

awyp

is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
What the chance an asiatic country wins the second world cup on Asia?
Realistically South Korea is the best Asian team in terms of squad and talent (The odds on Vegas for them to win the world cup is 1/250), so as Jim Carrey would say "You're telling me there's a chance!"

since i b half british n half american idk who tf i gon b supportin

on 1 hand my nigga pulisic got a hard ass nickname w captain america but on da other hand england got da best striker of da generation harry kane so shit b tough. ima watch as a neutral shit hype

i got a 5k bet on portugal to b winnin tho cuz i b objective like dat. dat shit is a super team dawg you got ruben dias cancelo dalot ronaldo joao felix bernardo silva bruno fernandes palhina if any1 else wins just say da tournament is rigged. either them or england walk it aint no1 else b standing a chance
If you actually do have a 5K bet and they end up winning because they're the 9th or 10th favorite in terms of ranking, you getting paid!
My picks:

Netherlands & Senegal
England & USA (:eagle:)
Argentina & Poland
France & Denmark
Spain & Germany
Belgium & Croatia
Brazil & Serbia
Portugal & South Korea

I expect things to be tight between USA & Wales, Poland & Mexico, Serbia, Switzerland, & Cameroon (this should be a very fun group to watch), and Uruguay & South Korea. I've seen most people here put Uruguay as the ones to go forward so I'm gonna be a little bold and say it will be South Korea instead. As for who will win it all, I truly cannot say. Brazil and Spain both looking strong as fuck, but teams like Argentina, Germany, Belgium, France, and Portugal are all solid too of course; those first two would have to be my front runners. Really sad for France to be missing both Kante and Pogba tbh. If I had to have my dream finals it would of course be Argentina vs. Portugal :woop:
Honestly all good predictions, I think South Korea is the stunner.

awyp

RMT Leader
#AustraliaSweep
I love the confidence, AUSTRAILIA has a 1/500 odds to win the World Cup. So, I will remember this post when they end up in the World Cup Final.

Edit: Who's Australia's best player?

Drifting

wrapped in plastic
is a Tiering Contributor
Nah bro I’m shitposting we are FUCKED lmao if we score a single goal that’s a W. Always a chance with Tunisia being very beatable and France sometimes forgetting how to play football though.

Our player to watch is absolutely Kuol though, he’s very young but he’s unironically amazing, he could do big things.

YOUR GUY ISNT EVEN GOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yeah idk we also called a pretty much retired player (dani alves) but to be fair firmino never really worked well with tite, unlike richarlison who has quite the big buff with the yellow (still ridiculous to not even call him lol i mean he called pedro and martinelli)

Anyway my picks:

Group A: Netherlands, Senegal - Netherlands has been on incredible form and have been undefeated since their euro loss, I think they're underrated and improved tenfold after they kicked their Southgate (De Boer) and they could honestly win the tournament. Mané won't play so second place is a toss up but I believe Senegal and Ecuador will tie and Senegal will beat Qatar harder because Ecuador plays some bitchmade football and also no altitude cheating in WC. And Qatar is an awful country and I hope they get utterly humilliated in all matches and nothing is ever hosted on this shithole ever again.

Group B: England, Wales - This group is a huge toss up as I wouldnt trust England to beat the team of the high school across the street but at the same time they can win the tournament so who knows what will happen. I say Southgate should be banned from coaching for being way too terrible. That said, I will still give them the benefit of the doubt as they obviously have the strongest squad, but I will not be surprised one bit to see them fall here. USA could pull through and Iran shouldn't be underestimated as they are very defensive and can be a nightmare to score against. They have recently beaten Uruguay in a friendly for example. I'll still say Wales second though. Honestly the biggest toss up group in my opinion.

Group C: Argentina, Mexico - Argentina is the best team of this tournament bar none and is the biggest favorite to win it all in my opinion. But then again, they were also the big favorites in 2002 and choked spectacularly, so who knows. Saudi Arabia is fodder. I think Poland has a better squad than Mexico but they traditionally shit the bed at WC and idk if the hot Qatar weather will help them, they might fry. Mexico have qualified to R16 every tournament since 1986 (they were banned in 1990) so history is on their side, plus they're very used to heat.

Group D: Denmark, France - If this group was a little stronger the curse would not have been broken. Sadly Australia and Tunisia are too bad. I think Denmark is a very solid team and should beat a messy France a third time. By the way, the Australia vs Peru match was literally worse than a Brazilian Serie B match, yes I say this with confidence I watched because I betted on it and I say FIFA should have awarded a loss to both. I wanted to pour Bleach on my eyes.

Group E: Germany, Spain - Germany were kinda mediocre in Nations League but I'm not sure how seriously they were taking these matches, I feel like kinda underrated imo, Hansi Flick is a scary coach. Not a common prediction but I'll put them above Spain who has an incredible midfield but they have to trust Morata to score goals. Costa Rica is fodder, Japan is okay but unlucky draw, the other two are simply too strong for it.

Group F: Belgium, Croatia - Some say Belgium has fallen from grace, wich they have, but they also have De Bruyne who is having an incredible season and he is kind of broken on his own. Croatia is still a scary team who has been in good shape if you ignore the 3-0 L to Austria, don't forget that insane game vs Spain in Euro and that they topped the nations league group with Denmark and France. I don't think Canada has what it takes to pull an upset, yes they topped CONCACAF and thats impressive but that region kind of really blows. Ziyech is back to the Morocco squad so maybe they could do something but I still wouldn't believe in them.

Group G: Brazil, Serbia - Still believe Brazil are the second favorites just behind Argentina despite Tite not calling the Bobby who would probably start for every single nation in this tournament. Tite is weird but he makes his shit work. Cameroon is fodder, no Choupo Mouting cannot carry plus they robbed Algeria really bad and shouldn't be here. Serbia vs Switz is honestly 50/50 but I believe Mitrovic will carry the serbs against them this time, he's having a great season in PL after gigastomping the championship by himself, the guy is good man.

Group H: Portugal, Uruguay - Portugal is a shaky team for sure and Ronaldo has been in the worst moment of his career but I still believe in them more than I believe England, they seem to be fairly consistent vs bad teams, as they easily dispatched Turkey and North Macedonia to be here and recently trashed Czech twice. Diogo Jota not playing sucks for them big time though. SK can pull an upset if Son is in good shape, we'll see. Not sure what Ghana is capable of but they have somewhat of a good track record in world cups, maybe they can do something crazy. Predicting Uruguay second by default but I don't think they're very good, wouldn't be surprised to see upsets here.

Last edited:

awyp

RMT Leader
yeah idk we also called a pretty much retired player (dani alves) but to be fair firmino never really worked well with tite, unlike richarlison who has quite the big buff with the yellow (still ridiculous to not even call him lol i mean he called pedro and martinelli)
See that’s what I’m saying he would still be great to have on the roster and he doesn’t have to play a number 9 role, he can literally play attacking midfielder if needed. Just a terrible roster cut, Bobby all the way.

awyp

RMT Leader
So I was talking to my friend about Portugal's squad and since Ronaldo came up in the news I was like, well this is probably his last World Cup. This might be the best squad he has ever played with disregarding 2006 (but that's up for debate).

• GK: Diogo Costa (Porto)
  • GK: Rui Patrício (Roma)
  • GK: Jose Sa (Wolves)
  • DF: Joao Cancelo (Manchester City)
  • DF: Diogo Dalot (Manchester United)
  • DF: Nuno Mendes (PSG)
  • DF: Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
  • DF: Antonio Silva (Benfica)
  • DF: Pepe (Porto)
  • DF: Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund)
  • DF: Danilo Pereira (PSG)
  • MF: Joao Palhinha (Fulham)
  • MF: Matheus Nunes (Wolves)
  • MF: William Carvalho (Real Betis)
  • MF: Ruben Neves (Wolves)
  • MF: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
  • MF: Joao Mario (Benfica)
  • MF: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
  • MF: Vitinha (PSG)
  • MF: Otavio (Porto)
  • FW: Joao Felix (Atlético Madrid)
  • FW: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
  • FW: Goncalo Ramos (Benfica)
  • FW: Rafael Leao (AC Milan)
  • FW: Ricardo Horta (Braga)
  • FW: Andre Silva (RB Leipzig)
Tell me that this team is not stacked?
Starting lineup could look like:
Rui Patricio
Cancelo, Dias, Danilo, Guerreiro / Dalot
Vitinha, Fernandes, Carvalho
Felix / Leao, Ronaldo, Bernardo​

So I was talking to my friend about Portugal's squad and since Ronaldo came up in the news I was like, well this is probably his last World Cup. This might be the best squad he has ever played with disregarding 2006 (but that's up for debate).

• GK: Diogo Costa (Porto)
  • GK: Rui Patrício (Roma)
  • GK: Jose Sa (Wolves)
  • DF: Joao Cancelo (Manchester City)
  • DF: Diogo Dalot (Manchester United)
  • DF: Nuno Mendes (PSG)
  • DF: Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
  • DF: Antonio Silva (Benfica)
  • DF: Pepe (Porto)
  • DF: Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund)
  • DF: Danilo Pereira (PSG)
  • MF: Joao Palhinha (Fulham)
  • MF: Matheus Nunes (Wolves)
  • MF: William Carvalho (Real Betis)
  • MF: Ruben Neves (Wolves)
  • MF: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
  • MF: Joao Mario (Benfica)
  • MF: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
  • MF: Vitinha (PSG)
  • MF: Otavio (Porto)
  • FW: Joao Felix (Atlético Madrid)
  • FW: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
  • FW: Goncalo Ramos (Benfica)
  • FW: Rafael Leao (AC Milan)
  • FW: Ricardo Horta (Braga)
  • FW: Andre Silva (RB Leipzig)
Tell me that this team is not stacked?
Starting lineup could look like:
Rui Patricio
Cancelo, Dias, Danilo, Guerreiro / Dalot
Vitinha, Fernandes, Carvalho
Felix / Leao, Ronaldo, Bernardo​

While it’s nice to see, think a lot of people are giving South Korea more credit than they deserve. We’ve always made a lot of the continental competition look like punching bags but then look very flat against stronger opponents. I wouldn’t even think we are the best in the AFC, Japan and probably Australia are above us. This squad on paper looks promising (outside of the fullback position), but I’ve been burnt too many times to have high hopes, especially against historically solid nations in Portugal and Uruguay.

awyp

RMT Leader
While it’s nice to see, think a lot of people are giving South Korea more credit than they deserve. We’ve always made a lot of the continental competition look like punching bags but then look very flat against stronger opponents. I wouldn’t even think we are the best in the AFC, Japan and probably Australia are above us. This squad on paper looks promising (outside of the fullback position), but I’ve been burnt too many times to have high hopes, especially against historically solid nations in Portugal and Uruguay.
That's a fair assumption but I was really impressed with South Korea's showing last world cup especially against Mexico / Germany, the team is still similar from 2018 so I genuinely do think S Korea is better than Australia and Japan in this WCop. But hopefully they don't let you down this time

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hi,
there is very little left, so here is my prediction:
Group A: Netherlands / Senegal.
Group B: England / USA.
Group C: Argentina / Poland.
Group D: France / Denmark.
Group E: Spain / Germany.
Group F: Belgium / Croatia.
Group G: Brazil / Serbia.
Group H: Portugal / Uruguay.

I have a lot of confidence in teams like the USA, Poland or Serbia. I think that anyone can surprise and be the revelation of the tournament.

On the other hand, I think that Spain will reach the quarterfinals and the disappointment of the tournament will be England or Belgium.
I foresee a France-Argentina match for 3rd/4th place and a Brazil-Germany final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)