NOC Smogon Mafia Mafia (Won by the Mafia)

Celever

no longer hibernating
is a Community Contributor
i was asked to vote so i am voting. i made it clear earlier today the list of people i would like to vote based on who i think is scum. i am selecting the person i would most like to vote because there was very little interfacing with my thoughts when i made them, and the major discussions have revolved around people i am not strongly considering to vote.

vote zippydoo200

this likely wont be where i end the cycle on but my vote's now placed at least UncleSam as you requested. i am going into dnd in 20 minutes and i hope to not look at smogon until tomorrow morning
Mindmelding with a fairy is a new experience for this game I enjoy it

Celever

no longer hibernating
Anyway Blazade fwr reads me as scum for this (brother I think I just shook off the rust after the early town games you spectated of me lol it’s not good meta) but the Zippy wagon as it stands is mostly the safe vote that everyone says they kinda want to see die atm. Zippy voters roughly equates to “townreads skipper and Cel” and I think it’s beneficial to call the spade what it is because skipper is obvtown right now and I’m also town. The echo chamber of the people who are towncoring each other off the back of the Rostam vote is definitely a doom spiral, and probably there will be a better option than Zippy by EoD with some level of momentum, but neither me or skipper are that option.

In the words of a fairy:
is the consensus really that mafia tried to save rostam...? surely you abandon that by the time where celever/realiti etc were supposed to have been trying to figure out non-rostam wagons

Celever

no longer hibernating
Would you really forget your biggest scumread tho?
I mean I have been fairly afk so far D3 my brain really isn’t hard solving right now lol, I feel like that’s pretty evident by the way I’m posting. I was tired yesterday and just not here or focussed today.

Again like the leading wagons that have used up most of the day are T/T and there’s definitely burgeoned an in-group who are mainly just talking to each other so yeah I haven’t high effort solved to scream that solving into the void

Hydro wasn’t even my top scumread yesterday though lol, pretty sure my top scumread yesterday was still AG followed by Sam or Zippy. But you know I hard townlocked pulsar early on and I wasn’t really into the Rostam vote so I just switched to Hydro when skipper did because it was someone voting within my top 4 :mehowth:

Celever

no longer hibernating
Like Hydro is getting scummier as the game goes on and might be getting closer to my top scumread now but that’s mainly just because he’s idling and in that sense entered his states scum meta, idk if he’s busy or what though he has soft / actually abandoned in the past as town too

Anyway Blazade fwr reads me as scum for this (brother I think I just shook off the rust after the early town games you spectated of me lol it’s not good meta) but the Zippy wagon as it stands is mostly the safe vote that everyone says they kinda want to see die atm. Zippy voters roughly equates to “townreads skipper and Cel” and I think it’s beneficial to call the spade what it is because skipper is obvtown right now and I’m also town. The echo chamber of the people who are towncoring each other off the back of the Rostam vote is definitely a doom spiral, and probably there will be a better option than Zippy by EoD with some level of momentum, but neither me or skipper are that option.

In the words of a fairy:
I really don't see why you're a bad vote today. I think your behavior is one of the players most consistent with being a Rostam scumbuddy. And I don't think it's bad meta either but you think you're unreadable so there can literally be no logical reason to vote you lmao. The thing about players with big egos as town is it always catches up with them when they are scum in smaller ways. They go for flashy scum plays, they bus, and if they can't do that then they become more detached from votes because they can't be the hero if they're mislynching town. Maybe I'm wrong here, but it's a profile I've noticed over 10 years of NOC play with many smart, self professed good players.

I really don't see why you're a bad vote today. I think your behavior is one of the players most consistent with being a Rostam scumbuddy. And I don't think it's bad meta either but you think you're unreadable so there can literally be no logical reason to vote you lmao. The thing about players with big egos as town is it always catches up with them when they are scum in smaller ways. They go for flashy scum plays, they bus, and if they can't do that then they become more detached from votes because they can't be the hero if they're mislynching town. Maybe I'm wrong here, but it's a profile I've noticed over 10 years of NOC play with many smart, self professed good players.
Hate to be devils advocate but this also catches up to good scum players when they're overly confident on their reads on town but they're on a completely different wavelength from the rest of the thread

Which would be my biggest argument against voting Celever right now although I still think he should go today

Celever

no longer hibernating
Could be 3p who had their BPV popped but I feel like they put more effort into the Rostam push and drawed more attention to themselves than a 3p would want to do
Eh I think that’s fair for the most part, though with Rostam in particular I feel like if Blazade were indie and felt he got that hit he would def push it p hard on D2 because it’s very unpredictable how easy or hard it would be to push Rostam out later. Especially if he’s a non-lethal indie which IIRC he’s been pushing for a non-lethal indie existence today (for understandable mech reasons, but still)

Hate to be devils advocate but this also catches up to good scum players when they're overly confident on their reads on town but they're on a completely different wavelength from the rest of the thread

Which would be my biggest argument against voting Celever right now although I still think he should go today
I mean this is true but this is just different phenomenon/behavior than I was describing and also different from how Celever's acting this game, unless I'm missing something?

Celever

no longer hibernating
I mean I guess I just disagree with the idea that that’s the only reason I’d become detached lol. I communicated why I was becoming detached while it was happening, it’s not like it was a subconscious effect of my ego, I was very aware of why I didn’t like the vote and I communicated why to the thread. This line or argument works better if it is actually in a small or subtle way, but that’s not very accurate to this game.

And FWIW I have way more of an ego as mafia than as town lol. Earlier into revival when I was town, unfamiliarity with the much of the new playerbase + genuinely just more newer players knocking about who we’re still getting to grips with being good members of the town resulted in my heroing more than I actually tend to as town nowadays. My champs game last year is much more representative of my usual town play, and I’d say this game is more of a return to form toward that because I’m A) more comfortable with the players and with having meta I can use and B) busier and therefore just more chill when on here LOL

I mean this is true but this is just different phenomenon/behavior than I was describing and also different from how Celever's acting this game, unless I'm missing something?
I guess it's different from what you're trying to say, mb. Although I do think that town!Celever believes his own reads and would rather play hero over following the thread...him being town would explain the strange reads but wouldn't explain his lack of conviction or lack of effort pushing those reads (which is my main issue with him right now)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)