Tournament ADPL Manager Signups (CUSTOM AVATAR PRIZE)

Welcome to the 7th edition of ADPL, and the first sponsored by Trainer Academy! Hosted by myself and devin This is a team tour that will encourage learning a team tour environment through placing undrafted players in a pool that will be automatically distributed among the teams, with one week of guaranteed play time for each player. From prepping, mock games, tiebreaks, last second substitutions, crazy upsets, and heartbreak: no matter the skill level players WILL be able to participate. The teams who will succeed will need to not only succeed in crafting a team of skilled individuals for all listed tiers, but also be able to lift up their less experienced players to unexpected wins. For less experienced players, this is one of if not the best opportunities to get drafted and compete for a custom avatar, as well as experience a higher level of play than they may be used to. The tiers are listed below:

Stour BO3 (SV, SS, SM)
SV OU
SV OU
SV OU
SS OU
SM OU
ORAS OU
BW OU
DPP OU
ADV OU
GSC OU
RBY OU BO3

Undrafted players will be placed in a pool that will be randomly distributed among teams equally following the public draft. The goal is to maximize the amount of undrafted players distributed to each team, as to promote a learning environment for as many people as possible. Each team will have 2 undrafted players randomly assigned to them. The exact number is subject to change, and will be determined based on the total number of signups. Each player in the team, regardless of if they are drafted or not, will be required to play at least one game throughout the regular season.

Players who are inactive will be handled on a case-by-case basis by hosts, but it is also up to the managers of each team to ensure that especially undrafted players are able to take place in discussions surrounding prep for each week. If managers attempt to abuse this rule to replace subpar players, there may be consequences decided by host decision.

Managers will be expected to lead their team each week and make substitutions as necessary. Each week they will submit a line-up to hosts detailing which players will play what tier. They will also be responsible for attending the auction and drafting a team of players, the exact date of which to be determined at a later time. Because of this tour's nature, managers will also have extra responsibility to ensure that the less experienced players are not being intentionally excluded from discussions, and that they leave this tour with a meaningful experience. Managers will also be asked to keep track of what players have and have not played, as all players on the roster, undrafted or not, will be required to be fielded for at least one game. Hosts will have final say in the event there is an issue that arises.

:cofagrigus: Tomb Raiders :runerigus: - Managed by Quarante8 and Seasons
:deoxys: Galaxy Guardians :deoxys: - Managed by Dababy2 and Rewer
:gengar: Phantom Troupe :gengar: - Managed by clean and Ryuji
:cosmog: Andromeda Galaxy Cosmogs :cosmog: - Managed by Pais and Mada
:landorus-therian: Uber Therians :tornadus-therian: - Managed by Fragments and lax
:iron-moth: Star Supernova :iron-moth: - Manged by 3d and Vulpix03
:marshadow: Marshadow Mafia :marshadow: - Managed by Skypenguin and airfare
:arbok: Celadon City Chancers :arbok: - Managed by Sahki and BlazingDark
:Infernape: Ironclad Infernapes :infernape: - Managed by Finchinator and MAVERICK SHOOTERS
:darkrai: Daydreaming Darkrais :darkrai: - Managed by Savouras and Zokuru

Each team will have 140k credits. Each Manager and Assistant Manager have the option to purchase themselves, and, if they do so, 15k will be subtracted from the team's credits for each purchased Manager.
The auction will be scheduled between the hosts, Managers, and Assistant Managers so that at least one member from each team will be able to stay during the entire auction.
Once a time is set, the Managers, Assistants, and hosts will join a room where the auction will take place. Spectators are allowed to see the auction, but will not be allowed to speak. Discussions about what happens in the auction should be happening in an appropriate chat, such as the tournament's Discord.

The hosts will ask the first team to nom a player. The nomination order will follow a snake pattern (meaning the order will be fully reversed every round). The tiers each player signed up for will be informed after every nomination. Then the bidding will commence, each player will have a starting bid of 3k, and every manager can put their bids on the chat raising a minimum of 0.5k (or 500) credits. If after some seconds there are no new bids, the player is sold to the team with the highest current bid. There will be a 5 second warning before the bidding for a player is closed. Managers are expected to have a list of players they intend to nominate, and draft so the auction goes as quickly and seamlessly as possible.

Each team must complete a roster of 12 starters and 2 substitutes, including managers that have purchased themselves to play. 3k or more will be paid for every player, therefore a team can't spend a value that will result in his or her team being unable to reach the minimum of players. The players from the undrafted pool will be added after the auction, so they will not count in the 14 required players.

The general forum tournament rules will apply to this tournament.

ADPL Server (required to manage)

Use the following format to sign up to manage:

Smogon Name:
Co-Manager (if applicable):
Top 3 Team preferences: (Example: 1) Phantom Troupe 2) Uber Therians 3) Marshadow Mafia)
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage:

Deadline: March 23rd 11:59PM GMT-5

Last edited:
Me and Mada
1) Cosmogs
I played two ADPL as manager and I've made semifinals and finals last year. I used to win some other team tournament as Manager too as well and I'm a good leader due to experience in some official tour like wcop (as player).
Madara is even better than me as manager, here's a list of his team tour experience as manager/tour experience in general:
List of Accomplishments: I have managed the Tinkatons multiple times and won 4 tours as manager. I have been managing in most of pls and side wcops last year, such as Teamballo, TPL, NDMPL, RWCOP, NDPL, NDWC, MWCOP, Mono BLT, UMPL, EPL, BSSWC, MPL and many else, missing playoffs only a couple of times out of tens of times. I have also played in a lot of other tours such as last 2 editions of BLT, TPP and NDPL, 3 of NDMPL, WCOP, ZUPL, WCOR, TPP, CAPPL, MWP, OUPL, RBYWC, ORASPL, ROAPL, SPL, BSSPL, HPL, AGWL, LCPL and a lot of other tours, where I've always been active in preparations and/or had good results.

ezra

i NEVER lie
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending National Dex Circuit Champion
Smogon Name: Ezra
Co-Manager (if applicable): Strat8246
Top 3 Team preferences:
Any
I've managed multiple tours on site such as NDPL, NDWC and others with success, my co manager has played in season 4 of this tour as well as managed NDFL on site taking 3rd place. Both of us have managed several tours off site and won/made good results in them. Both of us are active and able to help our team prep and make subs when needed. We're also eager to help any new players in our team learn the tiers and actively discuss the metagames at play. Shoutout hosts for making this possible.

Last edited:
Smogon Name: Ezra
Co-Manager (if applicable): Strat8246
Top 3 Team preferences:
Any
I've managed multiple tours on site such as NDPL, NDWC and others with success, my co manager has played in season 4 of this tour as well as managed NDFL on site taking 3rd place. Both of us have managed several tours off site and won/made good results in them. Both of us are active and able to help our team prep and make subs when needed. We're also eager to help any new players in our team learn the tiers and actively discuss the metagames at play. Shoutout hosts for making this possible.
confirming

Skypenguin

Skype (nguin)
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Smogon Name: Skypenguin
Co-Manager (if applicable): airfare
Top 3 Team preferences:
1) Marshadow Mafia
- I was on the mafia for the first 5 editions of ADPL; Airfare and I won seasons 2, 3, 4, managing the latter two
- I've won other tours like SPL and both SMPLs (which I have managed)
- We have always fostered a friendly learning environment for our new teammates, giving them playing time and letting them shine (ex: starbitstorm)

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Smogon Name: 3d
Co-Manager (if applicable): Vulpix03
Top 3 Team preferences: Star Supernova, any
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage: Vulpix has managed many tournaments to great success including many officials. I have played in ADPL in the past and have great knowledge on the players.

Smogon Name: Savouras
Co-Manager: Zokuru
Top 3 Team preferences: Daydreaming Darkrais 2) Uber Therians 3) Marshadow Mafia)
I have experience in managing and playing in relevant tournaments, i have also been managing in ADPL season 1 team called Flygon Express and ye this year i got the second best manager after me Zokuru himself after killing it in SPL to help me win here. He will be taking care of the preparation support in oldgens and I in new gens. Expect this team to be very competitive and hard working when it comes to things like scouting and preparation so even with the cheaper players we plannin to draft who might not have experience in competitive tournament scene, it gonna be a good learning and of course winning experience for em.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Smogon Name: Skypenguin
Co-Manager (if applicable): airfare
Top 3 Team preferences:
1) Marshadow Mafia
- I was on the mafia for the first 5 editions of ADPL; Airfare and I won seasons 2, 3, 4, managing the latter two
- I've won other tours like SPL and both SMPLs (which I have managed)
- We have always fostered a friendly learning environment for our new teammates, giving them playing time and letting them shine (ex: starbitstorm)
giphy.png

Smogon Name: One Last Kiss
Co-Manager: KeldeoCrowned
Top 3 Team preferences: 1. Star Supernovas 2. Any
Keldeo and I have experience in different teamtours inside and outside of Smogon, we are a pair that has achieved victory in different tournaments in the brazilian community and with good reviews as managers. Last year we had the opportunity to captain and lead Star Supernovas to the semifinal and if we are chosen, we will aspire to go further.

Smogon Name: Mgtcp10
Co-Manager (if applicable): SaberSeven
Top 3 Team preferences:
- Uber Therians
- Anything else
Saber co-managed the Therians last season with Devin. I was an understudy and helped with lineups and decision making. I have a good sense for strategy and an experienced player managing with me as well as being a positive beacon in the ADPL community over the last few seasons.

Smogon Name: MAVERICK SHOOTERS
Co-Manager (if applicable): Finchinator
Top 3 Team preferences: Ironclad Infernapes(own team name if allowed),any
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage: I have shadow managed some of the team tours I was part of and played in multiple team tours including officials(SPL,WCOP) and have done decently well in individuals too with recent top 32 in ost.I have also been long time member of academy and know most of the community along with participating in lot of the previous ADPL's.
For Finchinator: managed SPL, WCOP before, multi-time OUPL manager, long-time tournament player, tier leader, active player of various generations

Smogon Name: Mgtcp10
Co-Manager (if applicable): SaberSeven
Top 3 Team preferences:
- Uber Therians
- Anything else
Saber co-managed the Therians last season with Devin. I was an understudy and helped with lineups and decision making. I have a good sense for strategy and an experienced player managing with me as well as being a positive beacon in the ADPL community over the last few seasons.
Confirming

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Smogon Name: MAVERICK SHOOTERS
Co-Manager (if applicable): Finchinator
Top 3 Team preferences: Ironclad Infernapes(own team name if allowed),any
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage: I have shadow managed some of the team tours I was part of and played in multiple team tours including officials(SPL,WCOP) and have done decently well in individuals too with recent top 32 in ost.I have also been long time member of academy and know most of the community along with participating in lot of the previous ADPL's.
For Finchinator: managed SPL, WCOP before, multi-time OUPL manager, long-time tournament player, tier leader, active player of various generations
:boi:

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Smogon Name: Suzuya
Co-Manager (if applicable): none for the moment but if someone is motivated enough to manage this, you can reach me as indercover on discord.

Top 3 Team preferences:
1) Mashadow Mafia
2) Star Supernova

I already managed the Celadon City Chancers some years ago and did decent. I’ve great knowledge of each pools thanks to the discord tour I managed in the past.
After my good 2023’ year as both player and manager, I think I’m qualified enough to build a competitive team and make them reach their top potential.
Id like to conclude with a quote from my manager idol: « I turn good players into great players and great teams into champions. »
-The special one

Smogon Name: velvet
Co-Manager (if applicable): seroo
Top 3 Team preferences: Celadon City Chancers, Star Supernova, Plump Piloswine
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage: I’ve managed several team tours during 2023 and into 2024 such as NDPL, OUPL, PUWC, etc. and played in many such as wcop, epl, ptpl, and more. Seroo is currently managing for ADVPL and has managed recent tours like UWC and UMPL. On and all we both know how a team environment should be and we work pretty well together.

seroo

ong
is a Tiering Contributor
Smogon Name: velvet
Co-Manager (if applicable): seroo
Top 3 Team preferences: Celadon City Chancers, Star Supernova, Plump Piloswine
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage: I’ve managed several team tours during 2023 and into 2024 such as NDPL, OUPL, PUWC, etc. and played in many such as wcop, epl, ptpl, and more. Seroo is currently managing for ADVPL and has managed recent tours like UWC and UMPL. On and all we both know how a team environment should be and we work pretty well together.
Confirming

Last edited:
Me and Mada
1) Cosmogs
I played two ADPL as manager and I've made semifinals and finals last year. I used to win some other team tournament as Manager too as well and I'm a good leader due to experience in some official tour like wcop (as player).
Madara is even better than me as manager, here's a list of his team tour experience as manager/tour experience in general:
Confirming. Also adding that I played myself in the last 3 editions of the tour going 6-1 in one of those.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Smogon Name: Fc
Co-Manager (if applicable): adem
Top 3 Team preferences: Marshadow Mafia. No preference beyond that.
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage: I managed the mafia last year and have been on it multiple times in the past, winning the tournament with them before. I've been involved in the academy for years as ubers lead and have played in every or almost every edition of this tournament, usually with the mafia. I have experience with almost every generation on the list here, and have played multiple of them in trophy tournaments the past few years. I have plenty of manager experience, managing more tours than I can remember and also playing in tournaments involving all of these tiers. Adem has managed with me in the past and has a lot of manager experience as well with knowledge of these tiers, so we're looking to do well this tournament and I'm looking to get the runback as a manager.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Smogon Name: Fc
Co-Manager (if applicable): adem
Top 3 Team preferences: Marshadow Mafia. No preference beyond that.
A brief description on why you should be chosen to manage: I managed the mafia last year and have been on it multiple times in the past, winning the tournament with them before. I've been involved in the academy for years as ubers lead and have played in every or almost every edition of this tournament, usually with the mafia. I have experience with almost every generation on the list here, and have played multiple of them in trophy tournaments the past few years. I have plenty of manager experience, managing more tours than I can remember and also playing in tournaments involving all of these tiers. Adem has managed with me in the past and has a lot of manager experience as well with knowledge of these tiers, so we're looking to do well this tournament and I'm looking to get the runback as a manager.
ugh….

confirming i guess…..

i also won last adpl :fire:

Last edited:
Laurel
OmBrArch
Team name: 1. Phantom Troupe 2. Anything else

I’ve participated in SPL 7 times over like 10 years and have experience in all of the above tiers. Have managed in team tours dating back a similar timeframe. Can assist my team in all tiers / provide teams. General availability and know what it takes to be a good manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)