Tournament Doubles Premier League X - Finals [Won by Slateport City Sp_ndas]

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
dpl-logo-2024-gigapixel-art-scale-2_00x.png

Art by GenOne

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>
Commencement<<

1704420410989-png.png
vs

Paldea Cratermakers (3) vs (5) Slateport City Sp_ndas
SV DOU: EternalSnowman vs Zeal
SV DOU: Flying Beagle vs Xrn
SV DOU: shadekirby321 vs jonas
SV DUU: Robbie35646 vs kaori
SS DOU: Tenzai vs Star
SM DOU: Ann vs umbry
XY DOU: zee vs sir jelloton
BW DOU: Mishimono vs DaAwesomeDude1

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 31st at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Paldea Cratermakers (0) vs (0) Slateport Sp_ndas

Paldea Cratermakers (5) vs (3) Slateport Sp_ndas
SV DOU: EternalSnowman vs Zeal-despite his loss last week, ESM is looking nearly undefeatable, a dominant force this season that will be too much for zeal to handle
SV DOU: Flying Beagle vs Xrn-Xrn is basically the poster child and the saviour of the Spindas rn. Who saves a drowning child? Xrn. Who cleans the streets? Xrn. Who out craters the cratermakers? Xrn. If Xrn keeps playing the way he does Xrn will do the Xrn thing
SV DOU: shadekirby321 vs jonas-ngl Jonas has shocked me lately as he is currently 3-0 and doesn’t seem likely to slow down. This could honestly go either way but gonna go with the one who is on a hot streak rn.
SV DUU: Robbie35646 vs kaori-I think Kaori has both a better understanding of the meta and has better support here, so if the Spindas want glory, DUU’s victor must be Kaori.
SS DOU: Tenzai vs Star-10/Tenzai also has the record of ESM, which has really shocked me this season as he olds to the be one of the most dominant players in the tour. While the star may shine bright, the sun of the mighty Tenzai shines even brighter.
SM DOU: Ann vs umbry-ngl I’m a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Ann fan at the moment, her play in both sm and sv have been great, and while Umbry has been a loud voice in this tough sm crowd, Ann got the dub last time so it’ll make sense if it happens again
XY DOU: zee vs sir jelloton-With semis done, these are the 2 Oras players left. So, when looking at the two remaining, it’s unstoppable force vs……gelatinous object ._.
BW DOU: Mishimono vs DaAwesomeDude1-Mish mish Mish mish Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish mish Mish 3-5 Dad1 makes me very Sad1 Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish Mish

Paldea Cratermakers (5) vs (3) Slateport Sp_ndas

Go CRATERMAKERS

eragon

:gaming:
is a Tiering Contributor
featuring Schister (per usual)
Paldea Cratermakers (4) vs (4) Slateport Sp_ndas

Lunar.

is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Now that some time has passed I wanted to make a post since I have been quiet since the start of DPL. After SCL my drive in Pokemon went to an all time low, as work picked up big time for the new year and also getting so far two years in a row just to lose in Semis of SCL while having the best DOU record (support of course Nails and Xrn are the goats :sphearical:) kind of took a lot out of me. This on top of wanting to focusing on my Youtube, I just didn't see myself putting too much more into DOU as a whole. I ended up making a post basically saying I was going to retire unless something came up or I got more free time, and then soon after umbry messaged me asking to co-manage the Spindas this DPL LOL. I guess the retirement was short lived..

I wanted one last shot with my two amazing friends umbry and Xrn, and this seemed like the best opportunity to finally get a win together. I knew I could trust Xrn to carry our SV slots, where I could help out a bit if needed, while umbry would take care of XY and SM. That left me with making sure our SS and BW were solid, which overall felt like a strong enough backbone of support to win it all as long as everything aligned. With that said, I do want to apologize to umbry and Xrn as well as the rest of my team for not putting as much effort into DPL as I have in most of my past tournaments. I am sure they will argue otherwise, but I put this win 100% on my amazing team over me, you are all amazing and earned this win.

This tournament definitely had its bumps. Draft went great as we got Xrn for less than we expected, as well as getting steals on Kaori, Star, and jelloat. We did miss out on some friends like Hys and Mizuhime, which definitely sucked but hey you two won Derby so now we all got our win! Overall we got the team we wanted for the most part. The regular season was not as kind to us though, with the jello not saving replay incident, and just all the luck that Amaranth and dad1 experienced throughout the whole season. It was not a smooth run to play offs that is for sure, but my team stayed level headed and a lot of our players were willing to step up in multiple ways. Jelloat was willing to XY and came in clutch several times after the slot looked cursed, and our cheap SV slots Zeal and jonas came out and proved they are up there with the top players in CG DOU. Even in Semis tiebreak when we were down 0-1 and things were looking bad, our goat Lyssa was willing to get kicked out of the server to save us from the curse LOL. The amount of pushing my players had to do to win this tournament was insane, and I am honestly proud of all of you for being able to stay cool and composed right up until the last game. I said it before and I'll say it again, my players are the ones who earned this win and I am thankful I was along for the ride with such great players and people.

I do want to do some individual shout outs since it only feels right coming from a manager, but I will try to keep it brief to avoid yapping LOL.

Xrn I wont lie, even though we teamed last year I felt we didn't know each other too well. I am so happy that I ended up getting to be your support for this SCL, as I feel we are now true teammates and friends. To be honest, I was a little worried the start of SCL LOL I was kinda popping off against you.. But you're such a quick learner and have so much talent as well as an understanding in this game that I feel very few can rival. There is no other player I'd trust to get a win in a tight situation more than you. You are the best DOUer right now, and I'd argue best player if you have the time to learn the tier. The main reason I did DPL this year was one more chance to win with you, the friend and partner I got to make these past few months. I really hope you continue to play and get a trophy, because you deserve it. Stop sleeping on this guy everyone, he is the goat. Here is to finally getting our win bro. Thanks for carrying me this time. :tyke:

umbry You are both a wonderful person and an outstanding player. Just like Xrn, I joined this tournament because I wanted one last run with you to win something together. I was honestly so happy that you asked me to manage with you as I knew together we could lead the Spindas to victory. You came in clutch SO many times, winning the last game for us to finish off the season. You truly earned this, and tbh the only sad part coming out of this is we don't get to see your SM DOU gameplay as much anymore. I said it already but you're an amazing person and friend, and I am so glad I got to win your last DPL by your side. Thanks for everything friend!

kaori You are the reason I got back into DOU. Back in the early days of DOU I did try playing it a bit, but the community back then was very toxic and I just didn't want to be a part of it. You convinced me to try again, and trusted me to play a tier I had never touched before (BW DOU :smogduck:) despite being out of the scene for so long. You also helped me stay around in the trophy tournament scene, picking me as your support for SPL. Honestly, without you I probably wouldn't be writing this post today. You are an amazing player, carrying our DUU slot when no one else knew what was going on LOL. Your luck was pretty bad the second half of the season, but you carried us big time the first half so honestly we don't have this win without you at all. Thank you for being a great person and friend, and for pushing me to come back. I have great memories and amazing friends thanks to you, and I can't thank you enough. I am glad I could manage the win for us after you managed my start in DPL. We did it..

DaAwesomeDude1 You are a very great person man. I don't think we ever got a chance to talk before this tournament, but it was honestly a lot of fun getting to know you. Sadly you got to experience the Spinda BW curse, my fault for that.. But despite so much bad luck you still came back and tried every week. Your record does not represent just how amazing of a player you are, and I am glad despite it all we could get you the win. Before the draft I made it clear I wanted you as our BW slot, and I am so glad we were able to get you. Hope I didn't annoy you too much this year LOL enjoy the retirement my friend.

Star You are just insane bro idk how you're so good at this game. Literally every tier you touch you win, you just ooze talent. I want to thank you for trusting me as the back up DOU in SCL this year. I am honestly still sad we couldn't get that trophy but hey we were able to win something together. Your ability to pilot basically anything we threw at you and just straight up outplay your opponents was a treat to watch. I hope if you continue to grind individual trophies that you get one soon, you're more deserving of one than basically anyone on the site at this point. Just a matter of time.. keep being you bro!

Amaranth I know you like to call yourself washed but man the luck this season was just unplayable for you. Despite that though you were still willing to step up when needed, and overall stayed active and involved. I know this isn't exactly the way you planned to finally win this tournament, but hey I won this thing while running mono dragon half the time LOL someone has to be the sacrifice sadly. Great person, amazing leader and overall just a fun person to be around. I am glad we could get this win together my friend. If you take over the Spindas next year I am happy to know they are in good hands.

Zeal
1712894548263.png
We knew we wanted you as one of our SV slots, but we figured we wouldn't be able to get you since you'd get upbid. That's when we decided to unveil the secret technique, the double bid into .overpay... When we got you we popped off LOL. I think these tournaments will always depend on how good your budget picks do, and you exceeded our expectations. You were not only self sufficient but your play was on point this season. You got so many huge wins for us, and we knew we could always count on you. Thanks for putting in so much work despite such a busy schedule, you earned this win!

jonas Much like Zeal, I knew I wanted you as a back up SV slot but I figured you'd be upbid. Somehow this didn't happen and it was probably the biggest steal of the tournament. Like I said above, your budget players tend to be the biggest factor in these team tournaments. You stepped up and went a big 4-0 for us, clutching up in both Semis and Finals. You were a super chill chat presence, being understanding about being benched early and were willing to step up when we needed you. A pleasure having you, and a huge thanks for being one of the biggest factors to this win. You earned it.

sir jelloton I wont lie, I didn't think we were getting you. We really wanted you, but we agreed the last bid we put down was going to be when we called it. You're a talented player so we figured that there was no way we didn't get upbid, yet here we are now. We were so happy to get you as you're a new spark in the community who is both driven and talented. You worked so hard this season, and even stepped up to play XY when we needed it. I am sure you'll be around for many more of these tournaments, and I know you'll keep succeeding. I see a lot of potential in you to do big things in DOU, so if you keep it up I'll be cheering for your success. Thanks for the great season my friend!

Lyssa We have been in the same chat for team tournaments so many times now LOL I am starting to lose track. Just like Xrn and umbry I am very glad we were able to finally win a tournament together. I'm going to be honest, you were the most important piece to the puzzle of winning this whole thing. When we ended up in a tie break setting and you stepped up to be kicked everything turned around. That selfless act clutched up our last two matches, and for that I have to give you the biggest thanks. You're a great person and I am glad no one stole you from us because we were honestly really afraid of that and were ready to riot LOL.

Mizuhime I am honestly really sorry we couldn't get you, we tried but the upbid was too powerful.. Despite this you still joined later when your team was out and helped everywhere you could. You are a Spinda and even though you "technically" weren't on the team, this win is yours too. Thank you for all your help testing and passing ideas throughout the past few years now, you weren't just a big part of our success in DPL but also SCL. I would feel a little more bad but you won Derby and that is the most important tournament on the site so I'll take this one :yawn:.

emforbes I make a lot of jokes at you but sadly I have to be a little serious here.. You're honestly a great guy and an amazing friend. You've helped the Spindas so much the past few years now, and honestly this win is yours too. Your ability to see little details and make small changes that are game defining in play is incredible. You clearly are the goat, and I am happy you deleted your sign up so we could steal you LOL. Thanks again for everything these past few years, If I ever need help with anything I know you're someone that will actually take the time to help me out. Upstanding person and a great friend, the true GOAT.

Nails Another amazing person. Honestly you are the reason I am confident in my abilities these day. I used to always question my calls and plays all the time, but when you picked me up as your support in SCL you trusted me basically no question. I remember there were a lot of times I'd get anxious and question something I showed you, just for you to run it a bunch and flesh it out into something that can win on the big stage. You trusted me more than I ever trusted myself, and for that I truly thank you. I know you weren't very active in our chat, but when you were it was always so insightful. I know you're burnt out with mons right now, but still you're one of the best players to touch doubles and RBY, and if/when you come back I'll be cheering for you to do more big things in this game. Thanks for being a great friend.

bagel You joined us during tiebreaks in Semis and honestly it felt like you were just part of the team. You gave tests and insight in basically every tier, and pushed us all to be at the top of our game at the end. I always had respect for your play and building, but just in that short time my respect grew immensely. There is a reason you hold that ribbon, you're great in and out of the game. Thank you for all your help, I truly think you were a big factor in us being able to beat such a strong team in finals.

big pichu Also joined during tiebreaks. Your excitement and energy for DUU was such a pleasure to have in our basically dead DUU chat LOL. Kaori would @ me asking thoughts on teams, I'd try to look at them objectively since I didn't know the DUU meta at all.. then it would just turn into an anime chat LOL. Your positive energy and excitement for the tier was amazing. Thank you for your help, you're a wonderful person!

Hys I know you didn't end up joining the chat this season, but I just wanted to give you a little shout out for being an honorary Spinda. You are improving more and more each game, and I am excited to see what the future holds for you. Thanks for your help with tests in SCL, you were a big part of our success there! Just like mizu I'm glad you at least got your derb win!

stax Last but definitely not least, the person who I truly have to thank for me being here, stax. I don't know what I did to earn your trust, but you believed in me enough to have the Tyrants take a chance on me as your support midseason all the way back in like SPL 10 or something LOL. From there we became a duo, working together in multiple tournaments. You are the reason I am even a name these days, and without you everything I've experienced on this site probably never happens. We even got to meet IRL which was awesome! You are still the goat, and I know you don't play as much but I hope you're finding joy in whatever you decide to do these days. Thank you for everything my friend, I truly mean it.

And thats about it. I guess I yapped anyway LOL. One last huge shout out to my managing partners Xrn and umbry for being so clutch. We were down 0-1 in Semis tiebreak and they both stepped up and won in probably some of the most stressful games they have ever had to play. On top of that, umbry was the closer for this whole thing. Truly outstanding players and people.

This is definitely my last DPL. I have had a lot of fun in these tournaments, but I just want to invest my time into other things now. Ending off on a win is the best way to go out anyway! I honestly don't know what I'll do Pokemon-wise from here. It's really hard to fully quit this game tbh. I watch a regional or OSDT series and a part of me always wants to come back in some way. Pokemon is just a fun game. However, for now there are other things I want to focus on like IRL and my Youtube. I'd link it here but I don't make competitive Pokemon content so it feels kind of out of place, but if you like random fun video game content I'm LunarCD on Youtube! I will definitely be making a couple videos on the new Pokemon games when they eventually come out!

Anyway, one last huge shout out to my amazing team. I feel like half of you said this is your last DPL/tournament too, so I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you all do! That's it from me for now. See you all when I inevitable play a VGC regional or join another team tournament!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)