Tournament OMPL XII - Commencement

Willdbeast'sSuperExcitingMysteryDraftPriceGuessingBonanza5.0! RESULTS

This year's bonanza saw a slight return to normality with a less exceptional number of correct guesses which makes this post a lot easier to write!
Without further ado the big winner was cityscapes with her spot on guess of 14k! Now that she's won the main event we'll have to see how well she performs in the OMPL side quest.

Runners up were myself with another correct guess (but guessing 3k is quite easy when it's either that or undrafted) and Chessking345 with a guess of 9.5k only out by 9% of his actual price.

Dishonourable mention goes to Clas for having the worst guess of this year. Perhaps misled by the moccs this guess was an impressive 6.5k off which makes it the worst guess of all time, if we don't count Fardin's guess of 35k in the first iteration of this tournament.

See you all next year for more price guessing shenanigans.

Test Rex

formerly Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
Hello Gentlemen.

Today I enter a voyage into a theory that I have been having for a while.

That theory is that players that nickname their teams win more. Since we are in week 3 of ompl I decided it is enough of sample size, though if u guys see fit I could a follow up after ompl. (though data will be smudged due to meta changes after this post).

The logic followed:
-At least half of the members in the team have to be nicknamed to be counted
-Battles where both players dont nickname, or both players nickname have not been counted
-Temp (idk why I couldnt ping your smogon) replays dont count, because he thinks that putting "The" before the dex name of a pokemon is cool and it isnt
-Same goes for Taka , putting the stat your mons get gifted in GG is not putting nicknames, its being an utilitarian bastard.

After these rules have been settled here are the stats:
1717950978052.png

As you can see , with a sample size of 45 games, a 60% winrate of nicknamed teams vs 40% of not nicknamed is HUGE, and probably proves something.

I dont know if the conclusion is that player that nickname pokemons are cool and smart (because they come up with cool names) and thus beat their oponents through sheer IQ or force of will. It could also be that players that dont nickname get overwhelmend and scared by the cooless and sheer amount of creativity that their oponent displays when making nicknames that they instantly realize they got outplayed even before the match and throw.

I think what we all should get from here is that we all should put the time to properly nickname, because it is 100% no fail obvious that it gives an overwhelming advantage.

Shoutouts:
thanks Career Ended for getting wirante of nicknamed teams up
fuck Ivar57 (love u) for inflating non nicknames Winrate artificially
Edit: fuck Chessking345 for the same reason as Ivar <3

As a last partying shot, I will namedrop that in battles of nicknamed vs nicknamed, nicknamed had a 100% winrate, while in battles of non-nick vs non-nick, non-nick teams had 100% lose rate.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)