Other Metagames NEED HELP RATING A 1V1 TEAM (pls dont lock)

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
I have only made one RMT so far, and it wasn't very good. I decided i was time to make another one.
and without further ado, here it is.
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Dragon Pulse
- Frenzy Plant
- Focus Blast

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Metal Burst
- Recover

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 104 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Yawn
- Protect

1526747861508.png

I started with this mon because, why not? It's able to beat gyarados most of the time, it used to be a great koko counter when it was still here, plus usually both zards. That's like, the most popular mons in the meta, beaten by this one mon. It's my starting point so it doesn't really need much explanation.
1526748315211.png

Then this mon because it beats all the sturdies that mega sceptile doesn't and is great because well,
It's is a great Pokemon in 1v1 and even in the competitive scene because of its stats, ability and great typing.
50 HP/125 Defense/115 Special Defense are pretty good stats for a bulky Pokemon, and with its first ability prankster it can throw off Will-O-Wisp and keep clicking Recover or Metal Burst and just stall the other Pokemon out. Steel or Dark Pokemon? No problem! Sableye can just Mega Evolve, and with the granted ability Magic Bounce, it can repel status back to the user, sadly, this mechanic is ignored by Mold Breaker Pokemon like Gyarados-Mega. Its great typing only being weak to 1 Type, and being immune to 3 Types! 252 HP since its hp stat isn't the best 116 SpD to make sure gene gets the +1 in atk 140 Def this is the remaining EVs. You may have guessed that this isn't my work, it's pazza's.
1526748297982.png

Finally, this one. This one was a weird addition to the team, but it's great nonetheless. It's can rival (and probably beat) snorlax as an offensive yawn-protect pokemon. It doesn't need belly drum with it's special attack stat, which opens up another slot for a move, enabling it to be a threat to those that can wall/resist fire blast. Plus the better bulk, and you've got a serious threat right here.

So like, what does anyone think?

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay, so this is what I think. You dont have a resistance to Mega Gyarados, and even Mega Sceptile isnt a reliable pick. Camerupt is fat too slow, there are better picks for Fire types that can be used with you team, such as Heatran or Mega Charizard. I like Mega Sableye,the investments work well with the team. The only thing it change is Camerupt to Mega Charizard Y. The reason I pick Y over X is the you would have a main weakness to Fairy, and instead your weakness that Chard Y would have ( Water and Electric, would be able to be dealed with by Sceptile. Overall, this team is actually quite good. I hope you take this into consideration and I hope I helped! Chard Y sets arnt to hard to makee

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
Okay, so this is what I think. You dont have a resistance to Mega Gyarados, and even Mega Sceptile isnt a reliable pick. Camerupt is fat too slow, there are better picks for Fire types that can be used with you team, such as Heatran or Mega Charizard. I like Mega Sableye,the investments work well with the team. The only thing it change is Camerupt to Mega Charizard Y. The reason I pick Y over X is the you would have a main weakness to Fairy, and instead your weakness that Chard Y would have ( Water and Electric, would be able to be dealed with by Sceptile. Overall, this team is actually quite good. I hope you take this into consideration and I hope I helped! Chard Y sets arnt to hard to makee
I agree that they're not hard to make but what evs should I run to work best with the team? Also, why are you suddenly following me?

You can keep the evs on Sableye, that poke isnt a 1 shot killer. You can either run the standard 252 spa 252 spe 4 def set, or run a more bulky 252 126 spe 126 def or something similar to that so you survive more. You may want to pour the 126 def as 126 hp, but your choice.

Tol

Retirement house
So this team isn't bad, but it has a few glaring flaws.
1. No Zygod counter
Against Sableye, Zygod can curse up, rest off any damage, has so much health that Metal Burst barely tickles it, and can flat OHKO you if you nonmega Taunt t1.
Scept just doesn't pack enough power to OHKO it, and Outrage will kill it back.
Do I even have to explain how it beats Camerupt?
2. Shaky Gyarados Matchup
Sceptile can beat it, but gyara can play the when will I go mega game with you. Neither of your other two can.
3. Veryveryveryvery bad matchup with any sort of special wall with attacking capabilities, florges 3-0s, lele 3-0s, mega gardevoir with Calm Mind 3-0s, the list goes on and on.
4. Yawndrum snorlax that doesn't only carry normal-type moves, taunt doesn't block Z-Belly Drum and it lives anything Scept and Camerupt can throw at it easily.
Also, sceptile really doesn't do that well versus zard and should consistently beat sturdies.
I can't think of any changes to this team that wouldn't render it unrecognizable, so personally I would make a new team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)