SM UU FATE

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
FATE.PNG

Prologue
Hey! Assassin Sage here with her second RMT, I didn't really have as much of a reason for posting it this time as the team didn't accomplish much beyond winning an unfortunate Snake game, but I've had a ton of fun with it in both the teambuilding process as well as learning to play Hyper Offense effectively. The teambuilding process and the way the team synergizes is in my opinion really interesting, and most players in general focus on defensive synergy in Pokemon. I think this RMT will be cool to show off how building with offensive synergy in mind not just on the macro, but the micro level can be really rewarding and create interesting and competitive teams. I am also a gigantic weaboo so I themed the team around the FATE universe! Hope you like that aesthetic.

Contract Formation
The early stages of this team were loosely based around the core of Swords Dance Decidueye + an Electric-type checking Flying-types that revenged while also bringing either complementary breaking or easy pivoting. I was fine with going to either a Bulky Offense or a Hyper Offense route at first, but eventually ended up choosing to go with HO. Below you'll find a picture of the drafts of this team before it reached its final form.

Teams 1 and 2 used Raikou as the Electric, while 3 and 4 were built with Manectric in mind. I picked in my opinion the most important partners for each different Decidueye + Electric core as ways to branch the teams into different routes. Tentacruel was a great option for the Sub CM Raikou + SubSD Decidueye partnership, as it both removed hazards and absorbed Toxic Spikes, helping a ton when you have two substitute users working together to wear down a team. These teams were built with a sturdier defensive backbone as I felt you needed to plan for somewhat longer games when your win cons take time to ramp up. I think these teams still have potential although Zeraora definitely outclasses Raikou as a boosting Electric now, but I ended up going with the HO route since I liked that matchup more vs. Manipulative.

Teams 3 and 4 use Manectric's direct pivoting as a way to stack more threatening breakers alongside Decidueye. Mamoswine was deemed the optimal partner for its access to strong priority against Dragon-types, but it was additionally slotted as a rocker with always limits its potential. I then made different versions based on the Pursuit trapper. Team 4, while having some cool options and better removal in Starmie, ended up way to weak to Scizor for me to ever really think about using it seriously. So in the end, Version 3 became the template for the final product.

I really enjoyed Crawdaunt and Decidueye together, they formed a neat bond to try and overload Hydreigon while having different strengths in Crawdaunt's priority / raw power and Decidueye's ability to abuse passive Pokemon. The main issue this team had was still dealing with a free Hydreigon switch though. I eventually decided to make Scizor a Cobalion, which gave me something faster than Hydreigon, and also had the benefit of giving me a way to chip U-turn users, notably Scizor with Rocky Helmet. Rocky Helmet is also crucial to the power of some of my priority users, which I will go over later. This change also crucially freed up the Stealth Rock slot on Mamoswine, letting my team more easily deal with Hippowdon and Suicune. This did mean giving up Pursuit though, which I will also go over later.

The Servants

Lancer (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam​

Mega Manectric is a very important part of a Hyper Offense team, providing a lot of Speed and Utility in one slot. Running a standard set except for the odd Signal Beam, which has increased in viability thanks to Gliscor's departure. It is absolutely necessary on this team in order to form the offensive core with the potential of luring and 2hkoing Hydreigon with Decidueye's Z-move and Crawdaunt's banded STAB moves. Manectric is also just general a fast Pokemon and can revenge kill many dangerous offensive pokemon once chipped, as well as cut Scizor sweeps short. Electric-types work very well with Decidueye and Manectric is responsible for a lot of the damage that my stronger breakers cause by getting them in for free.

Berserker (Crawdaunt) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crunch​

I like to think of myself as an early adopter of the monster known as Crawdaunt. With a Choice Band it's able to become a hybrid Breaker thanks to its ridiculously powerful STAB moves backed by Adaptability, and Aqua Jet still retaining a ton of power as a priority move. In my extensive playing with the team, vs anything remotely fast, usually your best win con is to set up a Crawdaunt Aqua Jet clean. I love the fluidity of its power where you can flip the switch from punching holes to cleaning depending on the game state. It is able to adequately pressure Hydreigon with an Adamant Nature, forcing it to either Roost if it has recovery or literally giving it 1 switch in on sets like Scarf and Specs. Crunch is chosen over Superpower as I think the reliability vs potential Z-move users and once you've already used Knock Off is far more useful than having to predict a Hydreigon switch in, and potentially not damaging your opponent as much as a STAB move if they don't switch.

Caster (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish​

Choice Scarf Latias still retains some form of viability, especially on Hyper Offense where its role compression is mandatory to fit the amount of breakers I wanted to. I don't really need Latias for anything other than generic revenge killing and cleaning, so I've just opted for the STAB moves as my attacks of Choice. Draco prevents things like Dragon Dance Kommo-o or Haxorus from getting out of hand if Mamoswine has gone down, while Psychic can potentially clean if Krook is removed (not out of the realm of possibilty with Decidueye often luring it well.) Defog is good to have somewhere although you will rarely click it, useful vs spikestack in endgames often. Otherwise, I don't think Trick was necessary at all as I mostly am using Latias for the speed and my fat matchup is already ridiculously stacked in my favor. Healing Wish is simply amazing for Hyper Offense, giving a weakened breaker a second chance late in the game and allowing you to play them more aggressively early.

Rider (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake​

I'm really glad I managed to fit Stealth Rock elsewhere in the team, because four attacks Mamoswine is such a powerhouse. For this team it provides the Electric-immunity to at least deter things like opposing Mega Manectric and Rotom formes from getting free momentum. Ice Shard is another form of priority, while not as strong as Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet has important coverage vs fast Dragon-types. Having both Freeze-Dry and Icicle Crash allows Mamoswine to pressure almost every Bulky Water, while also giving it the ability to beat Hippowdon one v. one. This slot is probably the least mandatory to the team as long as it is replaced with a Ground-type (Nidoking would surely increase the ability to fight Fairy-types well and is a valid option at the cost of a worse Latias matchup), but I enjoy having the priority and insurance versus Dragon-types.

Saber (Cobalion) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge​

Cobalion is as close to a "support" mon that this team gets, but it is vital to the team's offensive structure. It has the obligatory Stealth Rock duties, performing them very well especially in conjunction with Stone Edge. Moltres was awful to deal with as my Flying check in Manectric drops to Fire attacks, but it is incredibly easy to lure Moltres with this set. Moltres often has to be used as the defogger on teams where it's used, so as you Stealth Rock it should be staying in to remove them. Cobalion also has a great matchup with common removal partners for Moltres like Empoleon and Hydreigon. Rocky Helmet is also crucial to this team's identity in many ways. Threats such as Terrakion are very tough to deal with from full. Cobalion's Rocky Helmet puts Terrakion 100% into Crawdaunt Aqua Jet range, giving you more options of counterplay. You can also see this come to play with offensive Scizor, taking a Stealth Rock switch and two Helmet hits before dropping to Aqua Jet, definitely not implausible.

Archer (Decidueye) @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Substitute
Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle​

The star of our show, the broken (citation needed) archer. Decidueye was the Pokemon that created this team, I wanted to harness its Stall and Balance breaking capabilities alongside a fast paced team. It is one of the best pure stallbreakers in the game, taking complete advantage of Blissey, Alomomola, some Slowbros, and other various fatmons. The power of Decidueye's Z-move is significant, giving it a lot more oomph than its attack stat would expect. 32 HP evs here guarantee the full health survival from Hydreigon Dark Pulse and Krookodile Knock Off, very nice benchmarks to hit. Adamant is chosen once again to get the roll for a2hko on Hydreigon with a Z-move, working with Crawdaunt and Manectric to overload it. While it certainly isn't as splashable as Celebi, I think its Stronger Z-move and Ghost typing give it a solid niche in the tier.

Enemy Servants

Fairy-Types:
When optimizing this heavily on offensive synergy, some shortcomings will undoubtedly pop up for the team's defensive structure. For this team that manifests in a lack of a proper response to even defensive Fairy-types. The Steel-type in Cobalion is neutral to them and not quite strong enough without Swords Dance or a Z-move to OHKO them. Mega Altaria can find switches on Crawdaunt and Manectric to spam Hyper Voice or a physical Fairy-Stab. While Mamoswine is good at revenge killing it even when boosted, it definitely is hard to pressure well. Florges even can keep it self sustained long enough to spread enough chip that you might find it hard to win in endgame with your team weakened. Primarina is annoying but not as tough as the other two to deal with due to its lower speed and Water-typing giving my team a lot more coverage to hit it super effectively.

Lack of Pursuit:
This is purely my own fault of course, but because I think Cobalion's role as the Stealth Rock user and chip spreader of the team is too important, I don't have any ways to trap things on the team. This makes the Latias matchup somewhat more difficult than you'd think, as its impossible to truly pressure it offensively without Pursuit. You still have enough ways to deal with to avoid a sweep in Mamoswine and your own Scarf Latias, but it certainly is a trickier matchup. Gengar even can cause some damage as the Ghost resist of the team is frail, although it can't generate its own switch-ins vs anything on the team like Latias can vs. Cobalion and Manectric if its at full health.

Terrakion + Krookodile:
While individually these two aren't unmanageable, together they do perform very well. With a Choice Scarf Latias and Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet being my best bet vs Terrakion, Krookodile can trap the former and Intimidate the latter, making it harder for me to get that KO. Band Terrakion also forces me into nasty 50/50s with either Cobalion into Stone Edge or Decidueye into Close Combat whenever it comes in, although I don't think my team is unique to this problem, Band Terrakion is a monster.

Epilogue
This team is by no means perfect, I built other teams even in Snake Draft that are more successful and consistent. The complete lack of a Fairy resist and ability to struggle vs some of its weaker matchups when used in tandem, such as Latias + Terrakion and Terrakion + Krookodile offensive cores means you must outplay in order to limit the amount of turns they have to get free attacks. My game with Manipulative in Snake is good example of a rough matchup and how to pilot around it (endgame choke not provided ^^') However, I think its a great example of a Hyper Offense team that isn't just mindlessly stacking threats combined with hazards in order to cheese a win, and a lot of thought has gone into each Pokemon, move, and item slot to synergize with the rest of the team. Most of all, I had an absolute blast building and playing with this team, and in the end, if you have fun that's all that really matters. I hope you enjoyed this RMT and have some fun exploring Hyper Offense in UU with FATE!

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam

Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crunch

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Rider (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake

Saber (Cobalion) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Substitute

Battles
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-395325 vs. Manipulative (Snake Draft)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-826551469 vs. Kink
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-826213254 vs. yeezyknows
https://pastebin.com/0i9gE5LA vs. Bushtush (transcript of a downloaded replay, AS IF I would let you slide)

From one assassin to her teammates, thank you to Pearl and the rest of the Taipans for a fun season, was glad to be around. Pearl you unlocked the next level of my playing with your guidance, I'll always appreciate that. Special shoutout to CBB for hammering it in my head not to drop 12 speed evs on Crawdaunt for no reason, I think I've learned my lesson at this point. I hope one day I'll ascend from mainerdom!

Kink for getting me through the first level and giving me a chance, you're a swell guy and I hope to play you in an official some time soon, probably versus the Battle Girls! Looking forward to it.

Bushtush you're still fucking banned but playing you gave me a ton of confidence in my ability to pilot Hyper Offense when I didn't have a lot of experience with it, glad we managed to start talking somewhat randomly, you're a great rival and friend and I'll always be your queen <3

yeezyknows you were also pivotal in giving me reps with this team, thanks for keeping me active and being a great guy, you're gonna get your rematch someday.

All my other friends!! You may not have helped a ton with this team but I appreciate y'all 100%, you know who you are.

'sei. welcome back FOR REAL don't leave again motherfucker I will slap a bitch

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, you're awesome. You've always been a pleasure to talk to ever since we first talked during research week... is what i would say but no shoutout HAHHAA. Jk you're still awesome. But anyways this is a cool team and while I do know how good aoa mamo is and how you feel about it I always feel like it never fits quite right. One thing I've found through spamming webs ever since drops is that Zera has a very very good matchup vs mamo offense a lot of the time. I think this team is awesome as it is but I do think one or two things could be done to make it better so lemme see.

- So this is the first thing that really came to mind after looking at the team. Nidoking can serve as a zera check on offense and it obviously pressures fairies hella hard. Nidoking seemed to fit really well here because it kinda just gives you everything I thought about immediately after looking at the team, while also providing something to absorb tspikes for Decid to have more breathing room.
Rider (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

- So one thing about Nidok > Mamoswine is losing Ice Shard. That really sucks since the dragon matchup on this team is shaky enough as it is. I went with Scizor > Cobalion here to make up for losing Ice Shard as BP pressures dragons too. This does make the drei matchup worse but it's HO and it's honestly still fine. Set is just standard sd but I'm sure if you decide to try this version of the team out you'd tweak it a bit, ik how much of a perfectionist you are.
Saber (Scizor) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Optional changes:
- Superpower > Crunch on Daunt is still an option considering the drei m/u gets a tad worse w/ losing coba but it's not 100% necessary by any means.

Another route:
- Another route you could go but I'm pretty confident you wouldn't want me to go is just doing Klefki > Cobalion immediately after the Nidoking change to give a much much much better m/u vs dragons in general and to provide spike support n shit. I like Scizor though it should work fine enough and Klefki might not fit too well in terms of team synergy other than checking dragons and giving spikes.

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam

Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crunch

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Substitute

That's it, I thought of this pretty quickly as most mamo teams have the same issue with Zera rn and Nidok seemed pretty logical. Like I said the drei m/u might get a bit worse in terms of harding into it but you have a lure in mmane and daunt + decid is constantly forcing it in to take hits + rocks + sciz/lati being able to revenge. So yeah it's far from undoable. I like this team and I like you and I hope to see you keep on succeeding n shit cause it's dope and you're dope. Good shit lass.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
All my other friends!! You may not have helped a ton with this team but I appreciate y'all 100%, you know who you are.

'sei. welcome back FOR REAL don't leave again motherfucker I will slap a bitch​
vivalospride she shouted you out. "You know who you are". Also I would like to second what sage said and say I will also "slap a bitch" if sei leaves again. Other than that another A+ rate from Viv and an awesome RMT from Sage.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Hey, you're awesome. You've always been a pleasure to talk to ever since we first talked during research week... is what i would say but no shoutout HAHHAA. Jk you're still awesome. But anyways this is a cool team and while I do know how good aoa mamo is and how you feel about it I always feel like it never fits quite right. One thing I've found through spamming webs ever since drops is that Zera has a very very good matchup vs mamo offense a lot of the time. I think this team is awesome as it is but I do think one or two things could be done to make it better so lemme see.

- So this is the first thing that really came to mind after looking at the team. Nidoking can serve as a zera check on offense and it obviously pressures fairies hella hard. Nidoking seemed to fit really well here because it kinda just gives you everything I thought about immediately after looking at the team, while also providing something to absorb tspikes for Decid to have more breathing room.
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

- So one thing about Nidok > Mamoswine is losing Ice Shard. That really sucks since the dragon matchup on this team is shaky enough as it is. I went with Scizor > Cobalion here to make up for losing Ice Shard as BP pressures dragons too. This does make the drei matchup worse but it's HO and it's honestly still fine. Set is just standard sd but I'm sure if you decide to try this version of the team out you'd tweak it a bit, ik how much of a perfectionist you are.
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Optional changes:
- Superpower > Crunch on Daunt is still an option considering the drei m/u gets a tad worse w/ losing coba but it's not 100% necessary by any means.

Another route:
- Another route you could go but I'm pretty confident you wouldn't want me to go is just doing Klefki > Cobalion immediately after the Nidoking change to give a much much much better m/u vs dragons in general and to provide spike support n shit. I like Scizor though it should work fine enough and Klefki might not fit too well in terms of team synergy other than checking dragons and giving spikes.

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam

Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crunch

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Substitute

That's it, I thought of this pretty quickly as most mamo teams have the same issue with Zera rn and Nidok seemed pretty logical. Like I said the drei m/u might get a bit worse in terms of harding into it but you have a lure in mmane and daunt + decid is constantly forcing it in to take hits + rocks + sciz/lati being able to revenge. So yeah it's far from undoable. I like this team and I like you and I hope to see you keep on succeeding n shit cause it's dope and you're dope. Good shit lass.
Very quick pointer, but I'd like to note that a change like this would make the team infinitely weaker to Moltres, as nothing on the squad can directly switch into its STAB moves, and you miss out on the ability to lure it entirely by removing Cobalion. Besides that, I'm a believer that Nidoqueen is a better Pokemon than 'King if you're aiming to use it as a Stealth Rock setter, as the former's natural bulk makes it much more efficient at taking and dishing blows under dire circumstances, while Nidoking is the superior mon to 'tech offensively (i.e. Substitute, Sucker Punch, Superpower, 4th special move and so on). However, I do agree with the core reasoning behind your changes, and the Nido vs. Nido debate mostly comes down to personal preference in the end (with me being the only Nidoqueen apologist in the end :psycry:), but on a team structure like this, I think you'd definitely want Quick Attack and Life Orb over either Superpower or Bug Bite (usually the latter is the replaced move, but either can work depending on the circumstances) and the current item in order to catch dangerous Pokemon such as the aforementioned Moltres, Infernape and opposing Mega Manectric, all of which can quickly snowball out of control vs. this squad.

All in all, you're already familiar with most of my pet peeves with this team, and I think that viv addresses all of them really well in his post, so I don't have anything else to add. Thanks for the shout out :blobuwu:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)