AG Anything Goes Seasonal Playoffs - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Awaiting banner for this week and future weeks.
Welcome to the Anything Goes Seasonal Playoffs! Congratulations if you made it this far! This round is seeded with the top 16 available players on our leaderboard who've proven their battling skills throughout the past 4 seasonals. The AG seasonal playoffs consists of four rounds, starting with 16 users and each week cutting the amount in half. There isn't a losing round for this so if you lose, you're out. As stated during these seasonals, the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion! Good luck to all who are still in this!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This playoffs of this tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. I will be somewhat lenient with this however.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 1
Megazard vs lotiasite
Paycard vs zugubu royale
Fardin vs Dark swordman
Pigeons vs Zesty43
Silent Mobius vs Zenithial
Holy Break vs Mysterious M
Hamhamhamham vs DoW
byronthewellwell vs Catalystic

Deadline: November 18th 2018: 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
predicts: pigeons and hb are too fast

Paycard vs zugubu royale 65/35 pc is very good, zugubu is pretty good as well but isn't that varied in his team choices from what i've seen, while pc is very adaptable. pc's playing is also better and he's more in touch with the meta
Fardin vs Dark swordman 65/35 again fardin is v good and i havent seen much of ashiva recently, dunno if he's been keeping up with the meta. wouldn't bet on ashiva to break fardin's playing and good team choices but wouldn't be surprised to see him take a game
Silent Mobius vs Zenithial 45/55 mobius had a good showing in the last ssnl but stalls is too fire. about to win ssnl playoffs and ubers ssnl, though he could be more varied in team choices BUT he wins everything anyway so it's not gonna matter. mobius is solid though and wouldn't be surprised to see him win
Hamhamhamham vs DoW 70/30 even though ham hasn't played much ag recently he always tears it up whenever he plays. dow hasn't played much either from what i know? though i haven't seen them play much anyway. even accounting for ham's inactivity recently his play is very good
byronthewellwell vs Catalystic 40/60 cata's team choices are pretty interesting and he loves gengar and all gengar lovers are instantly winners. byron's ubers knowledge translates pretty well into ag but cata is more well versed in the meta. imo their playing is pretty even but cata's greater knowledge and versatility in teams can net him the win here regular diff.

very boring predictions but i think if my predictions are mostly right here are some possible hl matches for next round:
pc vs ham
fardin vs hb
pigeons vs stalls
zard vs cata

contacted also. good luck and have fun everyone :) im looking forward to seeing some very cool games

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
I didnt know I was in this, was tiebreaker coinflipped or how was it decided
also some predictions
fardin vs finally he changed the cringy kirito avatar 95/5
pigeons vs zesty handpicked ubers that even joey picks in tours vs mono normal connoisseur
cata vs byron lets go cata
zenithial vs silent mob 70/30 this guy zenithial did me dirty multiple times in aglt ladder stage hope he wins
Is this a ribbon tour ?

Megazard vs lotiasite - MZ is doing well across what feels like a million tiers, I like most of his builds and his generally solid piloting should get him the W
Paycard vs zugubu royale (55-45) - zugu is much more diverse than people think, yea he's known as the whack stalllord but working with him for OMWC he has a much bigger pallet than expected, expecting much more of a fight than in OMWC vs paycard but I'm still giving PC the advantage
Fardin vs Dark swordman - Fardin's A game is pretty much unrivaled in AG, if he pulls up with that, I think he's one of the top favorites to win the ribbon not only this round.
Silent Mobius vs Zenithial - Zenithial seems to be on fire lately between Ubers ssnl and general AG perfomances, though I played mobius in one of the ssnls and he's quite impressive himself
Hamhamhamham vs DoW - this and the next matchup I favor purely because I rate hams and byrons playing ability quite highly and I dont see them losing this early on
byronthewellwell vs Catalystic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)