1v1PL III - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pazza

Banned deucer.
164664 165730 164684

Juuling Jumpluffs (0) vs Ecstatic Escargots (0)

SM Bo7: ggopw vs Blazikin better player
SM: SoulWind vs Lancer Fr good player with good teams
SM: blondesasukeuchiha vs BigPimpin12 bsu bed
ORAS: dom vs Whaleeeee dom is the "only" oras player
ORAS: ryyjyywyy vs Kowasabii kowa fucking sucks
BW: DenisTheMenace vs ayedan
DPP: CrashinBoomBang vs TonyFlygon highlight match
2v2 Doubles: suapah vs wishes idfk

164681 165730 164683
Frozen Articunos (0) vs Playful Panchams (0)

SM Bo7: Elo Bandit vs Osra
SM: Squirtell 1v1 vs Iron Crusher
SM: Boat (phiwings99) vs Chickenpie2
ORAS: skysolo14 vs WhalemanCheng
ORAS: RaJ.Shoot vs TGC I’ve beaten raj a few times tgc can take him
BW: Chaitanya vs SolarflareRo solar is better
DPP: Jamez155 vs Hijasu
2v2 Doubles: JediR vs Kaif kaif is better

164676 165730 164680
Hellfire Heatrans (0) vs RPS Rhyperiors (0)

SM Bo7: UBERLandon21 vs WailJesus
SM: Joker 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw
SM: Baleblaze vs akaFila
ORAS: alive vs Cynara
ORAS: ASTATIC COLD vs Sage
BW: ima vs Dj Breloominati♬
DPP: TogliBabineBoeuf vs martha
2v2 Doubles: motogp vs Knuckstrike

164667 165730 164669
Metroboomin Megarays (0) vs Pixiated Porygons (0)

SM Bo7: Freddy Kyogre vs MaceMaster
SM: Close vs UnleashOurPassion
SM: Jytcampbell vs OminouslyDarkened
ORAS: OM room vs Catalystic
ORAS: Wrath of Alakazam vs Magma
BW: Ferno vs Wanonymous1616
DPP: neomon vs Xayah
2v2 Doubles: Poison Adhesive vs Pigeons

WEEK 2 OUT WOOT

And with week 2, here's the week 2 predictions!

Warning: Opinions Ahead! This colour means Highlight matches , While * means sleeper matches that should be fun to watch too in closer inspection. Of course these are only predictions for entertainment purposes only, and could go all wrong.

Juuling Jumpluffs (4) vs Ecstatic Escargots (3)

SM Bo7: ggopw vs Blazikin : Two absolute fire people in SM Tours, This is prolly my most anticipated matchup. I personally have believed for quite a while Blazikin has been underrated, and was unfortunate to lose to 2% hax miss in a pivotal match last game. However, ever since ggopw burst into the scene racking up amazing performances in 1v1lt tour and the seasonals since last year, he's never looked back. I expect blazikin to bring a strong fight, but looking at his form ggopw is going to be difficult to overcome for moonzy, though not impossible. Definitely a match you don't want to miss. (55:45)
SM: SoulWind vs Lancer Fr : An interesting choice by the pluffs here, putting the old gens hotshot on the SM sector against Gen 7 Ladder hero Lancer. While I believe that Soulwind is a solid tours player, and Lancer did need hax to beat IC last week, I still believe this is Lancer's game to win based off how much SM he plays. It will not be easy however, and will probably go to the last game. (40:60, Probably 3-2)
SM: blondesasukeuchiha vs BigPimpin12 : BSU did struggle shaking off some rust against close last week, while Bimp plowed through 3-0 in an interesting series to say the least. While BSU does have slightly better team support here, I still feel if Lancer and Blazikin also help in prep Bimp it's possible Bimp can carry the momentum of last week over the somewhat rusty BSU. (40:60, Probably 3-1 or 3-2.)

ORAS: dom vs Whaleeeee : Two absolute OG beasts of the format, this is going to be another amazing matchup to enjoy. While dom has been playing consistently, whaleeeee hasn't been on as much, and I feel that rust is something bubbie will need to shake off if he is going to take this from dom. Definitely a match you don't want to miss. (60:40)
ORAS: ryyjyywyy vs Kowasabii: Even If this was gen 7, There might be a different predict for me, but playing the madlad in his home-ground ORAS format is a nightmare to do. Will be looking forward for kowasabii to prove me wrong here, But I don't see it happening any other way, especially after ryy beat Freddy in a strong showing in SM too. (70:30, Probably 3-1)
BW:* DenisTheMenace vs ayedan : Both Ayedan and Dennis will be looking to bounce back from their convincing defeats from last week. Both teams do have resources in SW and Tony, which makes this alot closer than it looks. I feel this is a game could possibly be the decider of a point.(50 :50, Could realistically be either 3-2 or 3-1 on either side)
DPP: CrashinBoomBang vs TonyFlygon : While cbb did beat neo last week, I feel Tony will get back from the rocky start last week and prove his worth this week, He's shown that he can deliver when he needs to in tours as seen in the classics, and being the firepower of his team will have to rise to the occasion and get a win. That being said, I'm also waiting for cbb to make me eat those words. (35:65, Probably 1-3)
2v2 Doubles: suapah vs wishes : Suapah(Not supah? Spelling mildly infuriating, but nice pfp approved) Should probably get this after a goof 2v2 showing last week, even if escargots have unleashed their big guns in week 2. ( 65:35, probably 3-1)

Frozen Articunos (1) vs Playful Panchams (6)

SM* Bo7: Elo Bandit vs Osra: Even if Elo did pick up a Elo's tournament track record in tours hasn't been that impressive, while Osra has used some wild mons in the past to great affect. Elo Bandit can be tricky if he preps correctly and will put on a good fight, but I just don't see him overcoming the power of Milk(35:65, Probably 4-2)
SM: Squirtell 1v1 vs Iron Crusher: A consistent tour player (bar 1v1wc), and a good builder, Ic was unfortunate to lose to 30% in a pivotal game last week i believe he will bounce back. Squirtell on the other hand struggled to have a good opening to this pl with Wail showing a strong performance vs squirtell. A proven 1v1 ladder player in his own right, I feel Squirtell will need to hit that extra step if he wants to beat Ic in this fire encounter.(40:60, 3-1 for IC)
SM: Boat (phiwings99) vs Chickenpie2: Frozen arcticunos are already implementing their out-rotate and fatigue opponents squad with Boat heading into the final SM Slot. However, even if cp2 didn't start last week, he has shown that he is one to be taken seriously with his performance in winning the 1v1lt, using interesting mons both there and in ladder. (30:70, probably 1-3 or 0-3)
ORAS: skysolo14 vs WhalemanCheng: WMC had a strong showing last weak, albeit vs kowa who hasn't proven himself in oras yet, and is an overall decent pick to play for your team along with being a really chill person. Honestly, I don't really know much about skysolo14. Considering that and a good run in the ORAS cup, I Gotta hand this to fellow Asia goat(25:75, probably 1-3 or 0-3).
ORAS: RaJ.Shoot vs TGC United: I can't really fault Theh for losing against whaleeeee .Being in a gen6 match he didn't have the chance to properly explore coupled with his first opponent being whaleeeeee, and I think history will repeat itself. Raj definitely has at least some experience playing gen6 if my memory serves correct, and is much more comfortable playing it. While it is still 1v1 and anything could happen, I have to narrowly give this tie to Raj, despite being on the wrong side of the win-list last week(40:60)
BW: *Chaitanya vs SolarflareRo: While I'm tempted to see them in a trash-talk face-off and have the winner of that win this battle, one can only dream. Both of them had strong showings last week ending both opponents in 4 games, and will be looking to continue their streak on to this week. I feel like I have to give the odds to both of them, as they have had similar trajectories running into this match (50:50, expecting a 3-2 scoreline here)
DPP: Jamez155 vs Hijasu: The 8k steal did have a strong showing against tony last week, while Jamez slipped against tsc for a chance to get in the win column. With this being an older-gen meta, something Hijasu seems to be well versed at unlike Jamez, it will be an uphill battle for him in a non-usum meta. Jamez will probably have to use his 17-people backup with Hijasu's shaky schedule for the safe win, though he has the ability to pull an upset. (35:65, 3-0 or 3-1)
2v2 Doubles: JediR vs Kaif : I don't think I can take last week's matches into account since JediR faced 2v2 terminator Fireeeee while Kaif faced a person who hasn't had experience in the meta in Roman. That being said, I've worked with Kaif in WC 1v1. While he is an absolute meme many times, he can get the job done if he presses the correct buttons. Literally. That with the fact that he has better team support in this meta means our meme boi gets the win in my book. (40:60, 1-3 for kaif)

Hellfire Heatrans (8) vs RPS Rhyperiors (0)
A completely Unbiased viewpoint suggests a clean sweep, hasta la vista Fireeeeee!!!! Lesgoo Heatrans, Burn Them Down!!!
(Glhf fr though Rhyperiors, lets have a good series :) )

Metroboomin Megarays (2) vs Pixiated Porygons (5)

SM Bo7: Freddy Kyogre vs MaceMaster : Two strong players of the next generation, this is going to be an entertaining one. While Freddy has been on a decline as of late, while Mace has maintained consistency as one of the best players to be playing the game right now. I'm expecting a fight from freddy to bounce back from the ryy defeat last week for sure, but will it be enough for Mace? We shall find out. I will be sticking with the safe option for this pr though, definitely a match to watch.(40:60,Probably 2-4 or 3-4)
SM:* Close vs UnleashOurPassion: I actually think this is going to be a battle much closer(hehe) than people expect. UOP did slip to a god-mode XSC towards the end of their bout last week following a strong start, while close was the one of only two people on his team to get the win last week. I do feel that close is finally being given the credit he deserves as a proven player, but uop is be unpredictable in many situations. I think he will edge out close for a 3-2 win.(45:55)
SM: Jytcampbell vs OminouslyDarkened: I think Jyt Campbell is a decent player who is quite underrated,being the only other member to snag the win week 1. On the other hand, I have no idea who Ominously Darkened is.That being said, Uop has invested in Ominously Darkened, and there must be something behind it. Could honestly go either way, both of these have potential to be much better 1v1ers. Will marginally edge out JYT for this based on experience, inspite of having a negative record in 1v1wc(50:50, Could be 3-2 or 3-1)
ORAS:* OM room vs Catalystic: This is going to be a fun match to watch, given that both haven't played a whole lot of 1v1 as of late. Om Room used to play a fair bit of gen6, but his tour form in wc1v1 wasn't the best, and he didn't play last week either. Catalystic on the other hand had a strong showing vs joker, and has seemed to shake off any potential rust.While not something OM can't win, OM will have to be careful on this.(40:60, either 1-3/2-3cata or 3-2 OM)
ORAS:* Wrath of Alakazam vs Magma: This is going to be an interesting matchup since most of the time nobody knows what WoA is going to do, probably not eve Woa. Magma has shown enough competence to play 1v1, though has kind of been hit-or-miss(NOT THE SONG) in tours, either over-performing like the last pl or under-performing like 1v1wc. Like the Jyt-OD matchup before it, I will choose to not wrack my head and just see how this battle plays out.(50:50, honestly could range from 3-0,1-3,3-2 for either side)
BW: *Ferno vs Wanonymous1616 : Both of these players have had good showing in tours in the past, and have burst into the 1v1 scene relatively recenly, which makes this matchup interesting imo. Ferno did make it to 1v1lt playoffs, while Wanony had a really amazing showing in 1v1 classics. While both ended up in the wrong end of results last week, I feel history will repeat itself for ferno in another narrow 3-2 defeat vs the BW cup winner

DPP: neomon vs Xayah: While nemon did narrowly lose to cbb last week, Neomon does seem to have more experience than Xayah. I've had trouble predicting outcomes of these matches because UOP seems to have done the Megazard/Leru OMPL draft plan of drafting tour/unheard players and having a strong teambuilder core of himself,mace, and wanony. How well these work will be seen in a few weeks time, but till then I have ti hand my pick to neomon
2v2 Doubles: Poison Adhesive vs Pigeons : While I do have a well-documented annoyance for pigeons, it's actually those outside my window that keep chirping.Both players had contrasting fortunes, Pigeons had a good performance vs motogp last week, while Poison fell to the smol but happy pupper. I do believe that history will repeat itself, with pigeons taking another W for the porygons(35:65, 3-1, 3-2)

***​
Blame IC for predicts. Never for such an early week.Ever.Again.
Fun Fact: Since i've started writing predicts on and off, Silvio, Joker, Osra, Moto, And wmc have all made predictions list too. Much regrets.
Literally just saw this...if we dont 8-0 them this week, then we can blame you for spending to much time on this rather than helping the team :3

lost to mace in 4
my brain was turned off

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 152 Def / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Calm Mind
- Power Gem
- Magnet Rise
its ok freddy. at least it wasnt as bad as me forgetting mega-gyarados had mold breaker & throwing my 2-0 lead/ picked dnite 3 times into gyarados :facepalm: dont worry im sure you will bounce back & win PL ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)