SS OU My first Team Tyraniclus

This is my first team, but dont be shy to critcize.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

I started to build with Tyranitar. I used Fire Punch to handle Ferrothorn and Earthquake for other Steel types, that try to set up a stall. With it's choice banded Crunch it can tear of a big whole in the defensive lines of the enemy team. Stone Edge for a good stab against Fire and Bug types. The ev split was made, to outspeed 180speed pokemon.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Reuniclus is Tyranitar's partner. With the Def it handels the physical fighting moves, that would 1hko Tyranitar. With Psyshock i could win any Calm Mind battle so far. Focus Blast is just for cover against Dark-types. I was experimenting with only 8spe evs and 38 sp attack. But i think the more speed is paying off.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Another physical wall. Great to lure in fire types, to switch in for Tyranitar. Stealth rock support to chip enemys Focus Sash. And a stall against dynamomax physical attacker. Also a good switch in against Leech seeds. Now a physicall wall, to handal water types better especially Gyarados.

Aegislash @ Iron Ball
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Ball

My speciall Wall. Aegislash can deal with enemys like Dragapult pretty well. Gyro Ball for dealing with Fairy types. I use Shadow Sneak for the Prio. The lag of Toxic in SS hits it a bit, since in some stall matchups it can be easely outstalled. Sacred Sword was considered, but i used it too rarly.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr, my mvp. Can deal with almost any Psychic pokemon. Payback makes a good revenge kill on any Ghost/Psychic types. Thunder Punch destroys any Gyrados. With Drain Punch i can fight almost any Hazzart setter in the enemy team. Payback could be swapped out for Poison Jab, to deal with Fairys.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Finally my Late game sweaper. I switched to a special moveset, Thunderbolt makes a great threat against Gyarados. Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower for a bit more dmg output. Maybe i would switch out U-turn for Dragon Pulse. I have to test the special attacker a bit more, before i come to a conclusion.

So far i peaked with 1360 in showdown. But haven't the time to play more. I know i have a big weakness for Earthquake, that makes it sometimes really hard.

Last edited:
How do you deal with gyarados? It mat not set up without taking a big hit but onceit does it seems 1 dd or 1 max airstream on a kill will be enough to wipe you. I would make ferro phis def with power whip, and even so 1 outplay will be enough to wipe.

Maybe i was just lucky so far, i will change ferro to phis def. Maybe i should swap Aegislash for something that can stop Gyarados. Maybe a scarfed Ditto?

I mean, if its working so far maybe you dont need that drastic of a change..but definitily will help making ferro phis def..just keep in mind to keep it healthy when facing gyara, and you might be forced to dynamax against it.

In the most matchup Conledurr faces a wall and gets burned or paralyzed. In case of Burn i can hit even harder and in case of paralyze i have a stab boosted prio move.

In the most matchup Conledurr faces a wall and gets burned or paralyzed. In case of Burn i can hit even harder and in case of paralyze i have a stab boosted prio move.
You know, just make Conkelldurr have Flame Orb so that you have a guaranteed Burn.

I also recommend your Dragapult to be pure Special, as you have Conkelldurr and Aegislash to deal with most Physical walls, while running Thunderbolt over Outrage gives you an option for Gyarados. Of course, if that matchup is safe then you don’t have to make that change.

You know, just make Conkelldurr have Flame Orb so that you have a guaranteed Burn.

I also recommend your Dragapult to be pure Special, as you have Conkelldurr and Aegislash to deal with most Physical walls, while running Thunderbolt over Outrage gives you an option for Gyarados. Of course, if that matchup is safe then you don’t have to make that change.
I prefer the Assault Vest over Flame Orb, because Conkelldurr can tank a spezial hit way easier and still can 1hko a Dragapult with Payback.
Switching to a full Special Dragapult is a nice idea. I will update my post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)