Tournament THE OFFICIAL RARELYUSED SNAKE DRAFT GENERAL TALK THREAD

YAHALLO, NYANPASU AND WELCOME BACK TO THE HEAVILY REQUESTED UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS! bros are you serious these teams are all unviable LOOOOOOOL arifeen in 2020?????

wait a minute though..

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you really went undrafted shake LMAO what a decline vros.. at one point you were the ru tier leader, the winning rupl manager and the 4th overall pick in ssd 1 to play ru... and now you go undrafted because the managers preferred a user by the name of LegendarySerperior LOLO you cannot make this up

Yooo welcome to the RU SNAKE DRAFT VIABILITY RANKINGS!!!!!! This is where we rank teams based on their viability and their chance of winning. Without further ado, let us get to the viability rankings!

Tier 1
The absolute teams that have a chance. These teams have leaders that excel so much in the metagame. You would want to be drafted by these teams.

Drampas - EviGaro
Heliolisks - MrAldo
Sandacondas - atomicllamas

Drampas and Heliolisks - I grouped them here for the same reason. Both of their leaders being Evi and Aldo have experience in the metagame and has dedicated a lot of their time in Smogon in RU.

Sandacondas - Probably the most experienced of all the leaders. He’s been around for a long time and has been a good influence in the tier. With that attitude I feel they have a chance. I AM NOT SAYING I WANT TO GET DRAFTED BY THEM BECAUSE ATOMIC CO-HOST RU NEXT BEST THING WITH ME. HOPE ATOMIC DRAFTS ME ANYWAYS

Tier 2

Mudsdales - Ajna and Feliburn
Nidoqueens - lighthouses

Too lazy. I just know Mudsdales carve a niche because of Feliburn’s high rating.

Tier 3

Vileplumes - tko
Steelixes - gustav
Braviarys - Expulso

I haven’t heard of these people (except you EXPULSO). Although he has good experience in the metagame, he got severely nerfed after the Inteleon and Slurpuff ban.

Hope you enjoy the VR

Mavis

Banned deucer.
okay its time for the amazing, the spectacular, the highly anticipated, UNBIASED HOST POWER RANKINGS!!!

enter some generic ass shake knockoff that nobody ever laughs at anymore ok let's get going

OFFICIAL SKY QUEEN HOST POWER RANKINGS

:drampa: #1: The Dreamless Drampas :drampa:

SS RU: Gondra
SS RU: mncmt
SS RU: Lopunny Kicks
SS RU: robjr
SM RU: Hurtadoo
SM RU: Finchinator
ORAS RU: Alkione
BW RU: EviGaro

The SS core of this team is, overall, one of the best in the entire tour. All four of these players, despite not being known RUers, are established tournament faces and should easily be able to put up a solid record without too much difficulty, especially since the minimal possible team support they need can easily accomplished by the rest of the roster. Despite being on the bench, Sensei Axew is a great substitute for one of these players, and will be able to provide then with team support as needed.

The oldgens core is just as formidable if not more so than the SS core, being made up of notable faces that know their tiers well. Finchinator and Hurtadoo are both high tier SM slots, and should both easily break even and/or go positive, between Finch's high amount of in-battle skill and Hurtadoo's love for incredibly unorthodox picks. Alkione is a player I had the pleasure of playing with in RUPL, and I know he has the capability to be a strong ORAS contender. EviGaro herself takes the BW slot, and should easily go positive versus what's obviously a very limited BW pool.

Frankly, this much top-tier star power on one single team should be illegal- EviGaro's excellent drafting skills rears its dangerous head once again. All SS and oldgens slots are respected, proven players, and even has a trio of very solid substitutes in Pinboim3, Megazard, and Sensei Axew. EviGaro herself is an incredible manager, with the ability to play for, build, and support all four generations of RU, making her a crucial and powerful asset to any team she's on. All in all, it should be a no-brainer that the Drampas sit head and shoulders above the competition and should be considered a favorite to win it all.

SS RANKING: S
OLDGENS RANKING: S+
MANAGER RANKING: S+
TEAM RANKING: S+

:mudsdale: #2: The Mighty Mudsdales :mudsdale:

SS RU: Feliburn
SS RU: windsong
SS RU: Ajna
SS RU: GoldCat
SM RU: lax
SM RU: ima
ORAS RU: Meru
BW: Accelgor

Holy moley is this SS core stacked. Feliburn and Ajna are without question two of the best players in all of RU, with the ability to support, play, and build for all four tiers. windsong is an elder god of RU and should have no trouble putting up a great record with Feli and Ajna's help. GoldCat is a relatively unproven mainer, but a ladder hero nonetheless who should break even at absolute worst. In the substitute slots we have infamous UU stall innovator pokeisfun, excellent ORAS player SiTuM, and two solid fillers in Splash and Staxi.

The lowtiers squad is just as amazing. lax and ima are very proven players, and shouldn't have an issue running train on the SM pool with some support here and there. Meru needs no help to match up very well versus a stacked ORAS pool. Accelgor should also do fine in BW, albeit I haven't seen them play much so I can't for sure attest to their familiarity with the tier. However, I know their playing abilities are very solid, so they should at minimum break even.

All in all, this team is excellent. While not quite matching up to the pedigree set before them by the Drampas, it's clear these two teams are the titans of the tournament and the Mudsdales should be a playoffs shoe-in. I look forward to seeing some amazing performances from this team, and have high expectations for this star-studded roster.

SS RANKING: S
LOWTIERS RANKING: A+
MANAGER RANKING: S
OVERALL RANKING: S

:braviary: #3: The Very Scary Braviarys :braviary:

SS RU: Thiago Nunes
SS RU: Snaga
SS RU: Expulso
SS RU: Mac3
SM RU: ODR
SM RU: Bebo
ORAS RU: banks
BW RU: esche

The SS core of this team is definitely above average, and while not being top of the line, a 4-3 score if not better from each of these players is to be expected. TNunes, Expulso, and Mac3 all know the tier quite well, and Snaga is a skilled enough tournament player and has enough team support that he shouldn't falter record wise. As for the substitutes, PDT and Sabella are very solid players, forsendi isn't too well known but has gone far in RUgged Mountain, and LegendarySerperior is a bit of an unproven wild card, with the potential to miserably flop or win some games.

However, if the SS slots were only slightly above average, the oldgens slots are absolutely the best out of any team. ODR and Bebo are two of the best SM players in the entire pool, banks in an incredibly solid ORAS, and esche is a great BW who can be easily expected to put up winning numbers. Across the board, these lowtier slots are stellar and should be feared week after w

Overall, this team is above average. Easily a playoff contender, as the star-studded oldgens cast should make up for the relatively unproven but definitely decent SS core. With solid substitutes, a manager eager to make a splash, and good all-around slots, this team is going to be one to watch out for.

SS RANKING: B+
OLDGENS RANKING: S+
MANAGER RANKING: A-
TEAM RANKING: A

:steelix: #4: The Solid Steelixes :steelix:

SS RU: gorex
SS RU: Yay
SS RU: Garay oak
SS RU: yeezyknows
SM RU: Averardo
SM RU: Ren-Chon
ORAS RU: TSR
BW: The Leprechaun

This SS core is formidable all around, with no real glaring weak points you can assess. gorex is a relatively unproven mainer who can build quite well and likely support the other slots. Yay is tilt and burnout prone, but an excellent player if his mental game is on point that day. Garay oak is a well known tournament player who should easily get multiple wins with a little support. Goated yeezyknows should also put up solid numbers.

In the oldgens slots, Averardo is a solid SMer who should at least go positive. I've never seen Ren-Chon play a single game of SM in my life, but if he's gasses with Averardo's teams, he can probs get a couple wins here or there. TSR is a standout ORAS player who should do quite well for himself, and The Leprechaun is an incredible BWer who should put up a great result against the variance tier pool.

All in all, this team is solid. They're not amazing, but definitely far from bad. With a bit of star talent and good building skill, this team should be looking to take a definite crack at the playoffs.

SS RANKING: A-
OLDGENS RANKING: A+
MANAGER RANKING: A
OVERALL RANKING: A

:nidoqueen: #5: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens :nidoqueen:

SS RU: Pepeduce
SS RU: Luthier
SS RU: TonyFlygon
SS RU: bugzitnaor
SM RU: lighthouses
SM RU: Mannat
ORAS RU: Santu
BW RU: byronthewellwell

This team's SS core raises some questions for me. Not necessarily bad ones, though. All of these players are formidable, I just haven't really seen any of them play SS much at all. Don't get me wrong, if the team support is there it'll pan out great, and with solid substitutes in Sjneider and Flamita, this pool definitely looks solid. I can't help but worry they won't get the support they need, but there's the fairly likely chance one or more of these players has been grinding SS and I'm not aware of it.

The oldgens core for this team is also a fairly positive mixed bag, much akin to the SS slots. lighthouses is in his comfort zone of SM once more and should put up an excellent record befitting of a player of his caliber, Mannat is also very solid and can be expected to go positive. Santu is a top-level ORAS player who should put up a good result versus a very stacked pool. byronthewellwell takes up the BW slot, and for better or worse, I haven't watched him play a single game of BW in my life. However, he's a good player overall and should get at least a couple wins.

Honestly, at the end of the day, I'm left scratching my head by this draft. Under no circumstances would I ever say these players are bad, in fact I think they're very good, but I worry about the SS slots underperforming due to a lack of team support. Perhaps I've got too little faith in col49 though, as he's a seasoned manager and will no doubt find a way to shore up these weak points. Overall, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that the oldgens will perform as good as I expect of them, and SS will get team support somehow. Have some faith in the old man.

SS RANKING: A-
OLDGENS RANKING: A+
OVERALL RANKING: A

:vileplume: #6: The S-Rank Vileplumes :vileplume:

SS RU: jake
SS RU: Bouff
SS RU: Loom
SS RU: Yggdrasil60
SM RU: rozes
SM RU: Ark
ORAS RU: Chaitanya
BW RU: tko

The SS core of this team is fairly decent, with the capability to either put up incredibly strong results or fall flat. jake is probably the most reliable of these four slots, and should likely finish positive if only just. Bouff should be able to echo his performance. Loom is very much an X factor player, easily letting his emotions sway how he plays the game. However, his building skills are top notch, and if he maintains his mental over the course of the season, he should be able to help his team out with more than just wins. Yggdrasil60 rounds out the SS core, and he can be expected to break even. Overall, the SS core is decently strong, but not a set of top contenders.

The oldgens slots are honestly a mixed bag. It's been a while since I've seen rozes touch SM, but he's a very solid player overall and will likely be counted on to put up a solid result if this team wants to make a playoffs push. I've never seen Ark play SM, so I can't judge. Chaitanya is absolutely the best slot on this roster, and should easily breeze through the case majority of the ORAS pool. Similarly, tko sits among the players who actually know the BW metagame, and can be expected to put up a decent record.

Overall, this team sits right at about the middle of the pack, at least to me. None of the players besides Chaitanya are standouts in their respective tiers, but with good mental throughout the season they should be able to crack playoffs. I'd pin them anywhere from a fourth to sixth place finish, depending on how the season goes. None of the substitute slots scream amazing to me, so it'll likely be on the starters to put up winning records.

SS RANKING: A
OLDGENS RANKING: A-
MANAGER RANKING: B+
OVERALL RANKING: A-

:sandaconda: #7: The Sandacondas Don't Want None Unless You Got Buns Hun (The SDWNUHGBH's) :sandaconda:

SS RU: GW
SS RU: Eternal Spirit
SS RU: Osh
SS RU: Amaroq
SM RU: roman
SM RU: Xiri
ORAS RU: atomicllamas
BW RU: KW

At first glance, the SS core of this team looks.. to be honest, I'm struggling to find many good things to say about it. GW is serviceable as a starter, albeit fairly unproven, I've got absolutely no idea how good Eternal Spirit and Osh are at SS, and Amaroq should break even, if not a little bit better. I question the team support as well, as I don't see a lot of players in the substitute slots outside of maybe HaxxSel that frequent RU well enough to build in it. These SS slots look very rough, and will likely have an uphill battle for most of this tournament.

However, if the SS core of this team was a dumpster fire, the oldgens core is anything but. roman is an SM ace who never found his footing in SS, so keeping him in his comfort zone should produce amazing results. Xiri is another very skilled SMer, and should get results comparable to roman's. llamas himself fills the ORAS slot of the team, and is definitely one of the better players in that pool and should be expected to go positive at minimum. Last but not least, KW is arguably the best player of the variance tier, and should crush just about everything in his way for an incredibly good record.

Overall, this team's dubious and questionable SS core is shored up by what looks like a top-tier hard carry lowtiers squad. If the team support clicks for SS and the lowtier perform as is expected of their caliber, this team could make a crack at the playoffs. Thankfully, llamas is a veteraned manager, making that task much more doable than if he was a rookie. I'd call this team the dark horse of this tournament, so to speak.

SS RANKING: B-
OLDGENS RANKING: S
TEAM RANKING: B+

:heliolisk: #8: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks :heliolisk:

SS RU: mael
SS RU: Star
SS RU: Lilburr
SS RU: Oathkeepre
SM RU: TheFranklin
SM RU: termi
ORAS RU: Gefälicher Random
BW RU: Bobby Dagen

The SS core of this team is, ah, well, it's uhm.. it's, um... it's there, all right. I've got no clue who mael is, nor there experience with RU. Star is the lone big face on this roster, but he's a top caliber tournament superstar (no pun intended) who will very easily go positive. Lilburr is a rising star of UU who has very little RU experience, but solid playing abilities which should at minimum translate into her going even. Oathkeepre is a completely unproven mainer, but has solid building skills that should come in handy for his teammates.

The oldgens core is a little bit less of a trainwreck, sporting quite solid SM slots in fall seasonal winner TheFranklin and goat ass termi. Gefälicher Random, I've got no idea who he is nor how good his ORAS is. However, Aldo knows ORAS very well and should be able to gas Random up with teams. Lastly, Bobby Dagen should break even this BW pool.

Overall, there's not too much good to point out here, and I'm worried the team will flounder. Half of the SS slots are inexperienced, perhaps Dragon Claw can provide some much-needed support from the bench, but it remains to be seen. There's a chance for it to come together and click, but as of right now, this team has an uphill battle to climb for playoffs contention. Honestly, they've got by far the best name though, so there's some points right there.

SS RANKING: B-
OLDGENS RANKING: B+
OVERALL RANKING: B+

TLDR
#1: The Dreamless Drampas
#2: The Mighty Mudsdales
#3: The Very Scary Braviarys
#4: The Solid Steelixes
#5: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens
#6: The S-Rank Vileplumes
#7: The SDWNUHYGH's
#8: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks

edit: Yay is UNVIABLE ROFL LOLOLOLOLO

INDIVIDUAL PLAYER RANKINGS BY TIER
1. Ajna
2. Star
3. Lopunny Kicks
4. Feliburn
5. Gondra
6. Luthier
7. Expulso
8. Pepeduce
9. Garay oak
10. Yggdrasil60
11. Yay
12. Mac3
13. robjr
14. Bouff
15. Yeezyknows
16. windsong
17. mncmt
18. Snaga
19. mael
20. GW
21. GoldCat
22. Thiago Nunes
23. Osh
24. jake
25. Loom
26. Amaroq
27. TonyFlygon
28. bugzitnaor
29. Eternal Spirit
30. gorex
31. Oathkeepre
32. Lilburr*

1. ODR
2. roman
3. Bebo
4. lighthouses
5. TheFranklin
6. Averardo
7. Finchinator
8. Xiri
9. lax
10. rozes
11. Hurtadoo
12. ima
13. termi
14. Mannat
15. Ren-Chon
16. Ark

1. Chaitanya
2. TSR
3. atomicllamas
4. Santu
5. Meru
6. banks
7. Alkione
8. Gefalicher Random

1. KW
2. The Leprechaun
3. esche
4. Evigaro
5. Bobby Dagen
6. tko
7. Accelgor
8. byronthewellwell

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
shoutouts to my incredible manager tko for drafting the 24th and 25th ranked SS RU players using the 24th and 25th overall picks respectively. he's got an unnatural understanding of the draft field and knew exactly when to pull the trigger.

could this warrant a shift in his managerial rank, Mavis? if you're worried about messing up the rankings, give him an A- and he'll still be tied for last.

YEP, even I decided to make a horrific power ranking to keep the trend going.
Since I'm not an ru mainer I don't know everybody here, and I'm not gonna do a mavis and put people like osh, jake, and eternal spirit in the bottom half lmao. jkjk ly mavis keep up the good hosting work. So I will be ranking them on their team names instead.

1 Steelix's, JESUS only this team fits the criteria of being a snake and being an RU mon so they are automatically better than the rest LOL
2 Vileplumes, very alpha of them to have a half lc team and they have S rank in their name too to show dominance but Vileplume isn't a snake so they won't get the top spot.
3 Braviary's, Braviary can beat most other mascots 1v1 and is generally a very good mascot.
4 Mudsdales, Mudsdale just got 4th because they are actually an RU mon and mighty alliterates nicely
5 Drampa's, Drampa isn't an ru mon (yet), but dreamless??? What does that imply? That they don't have any dreams of making playoffs??? yea that doesn't sound too good but eh Drampa is some kind of snake.
6 Sandaconda's, this is an nu mon and fuck that whole name the only positive is that its actually a snake lol.
7 Heliolisks, Heliolisk is uu so it's banned and they already have luck in their name to hope they get lucky this season? Not a good move imo.
8 Nidoqueens, Nidoqueen isn't even in the Galar dex and therefore can't be ranked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)