Tournament 1v1 Premier League V - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PL Art.png

Art By leil

The time has come for 1v1 PL V!
This year, the tournament will be hosted by myself and PA.
The first item of order will be Manager Signups. Only post in this thread if you are signing up as a manager, player signups will be coming later. Any non-Manager Signup posts or joke signup post will be deleted. The following format should be used:

PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

Managers will be chosen based on a number of factors, such as prior experience in team tour leadership, experience with the 1v1 metagame, and general good behavior on Smogon and PS!. Your post will not be considered if you select a team name with inappropriate or derogatory language.

Additionally, you are allowed to freely reuse old team names + art from previous PLs, if you so wish. The only exception will be with teams that have won prior Premier Leagues (those being The Thotting Tsareenas, The Vivacious Virizions, The Hellfire Heatrans, and Big Baller Barraskewdas), where only team members who played on these teams can choose these names.

Alongside this, we will be conducting mock draft/s with prospective Managers, that take place during the week of Manager Signups. This will be done in order to determine a Manager's ability at bidding for players and building competitive PL teams. The date and time are TBD, we will talk to everyone involved to try and find a time that works for as many people as possible. These are not mandatory, but are very useful if you want to prove that you know what you're doing. Take part if you think you need to.

Let's get this PL Season started strong!:swole:

Tournament Discussion thread is
here:

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
PS! name: Euphonos
Assistant Manager: Quantum Tesseract
Team Name: Pyramid of Poliwrath
Why would you be a good manager?: Despite my first time doing managerial duties in my very first 1v1 Premier League, I have my own share of experiences playing in PLs as early as POCL in 2010 and 2011 and in UUPL III, IV, and V from 2014-2016, and as recent as NFEPL IV last year being the finalist, and then starting my venture to lead teams as recently - by being the co-manager of the Malevolent Misdreavuses in OMPL VIII, by captaining Team Asia + Rest of the World in UU World Cup and Team Asia-Pacific in World Cup of Other Metagames. I also established the inaugural Euphonos Premier League covering different metagames that I had experience with in my decade-long competitive Pokemon career. With Quantum Tesseract having his own share of experiences managing the earlier iterations of 1v1 Premier League and hosting the last iteration of such tournament, and with me being immersed to this rollercoaster named the 1v1 community, I believe we can pull it off.

PS! name: zioziotrip
Assistant Manager: STABLE
Team Name: Trigger-Happy Thwackeys
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details) :
Won wcup/2v2pl/epl managing, will be adding another 2v2pl trophy managing by the end of the week (lfgi grookeys), and stable made semis of the same wcup losing to my team as well as managing with me for both 2v2pls. We have a lot of 1v1 experience contributing and building as well. Our activity will be high etc etc, being fr
we’re here to claim that red baby
thwackey.jpg

Rei

Solace
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PS! name: Yami
Assistant Manager:
Jamez155
Team Name:
Trojan Porygons
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):
I have been apart of many team tours over the years like MPL 4 and 6, MWP 3, LC Ekans, CAPPL, CAP Snake, 2v2pl, 1v1pl 2-4, 1v1wc 2-4, mono blt 1-3, BLT, OMPL, RBYPL, ROAO and NDPL. I have also won MPL 6, OM Snake, Mono BLT 3 and won for OMFL, which was my first time managing a smogon team tour. I have a lot of 1v1 experience, did well last SS seasonls, got to finals in BW cup, most SM 1v1 seasonals and contributed a lot last gen with doing SM 1v1 analyses. James also has a lot of 1v1 experience with being in 1v1wc and a couple 1v1pls. We will both be very active thoughout the tour and will make the best team possible. We both have the knowledge of the player pool and have a lot of playing experience, and both of us can provide excellent building support for most gens.

PS! Name: Mubs
Assistant Manager: DEG
Team Name: :purrloin: Castelia City Catgirls:purrloin:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Though I've never formally managed a 1v1 team tour, I've been in the 1v1 community for a month or so short of 3 years, playing and contributing since then. DEG has somehow been in the 1v1 scene for even longer, Captaining Team Asia for 3 years, along with making a #2 seed and semis in the most recent WC. They have also managed a combined 6 times in Monotype + OM team tours, while winning monopl2.

image-2-png.png

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
PS! name: XSTATIC COLD
Assistant Manager: SiceXV
Team name: Unhappy Unbanned Ursarings
Why would you be a good manager? I have the experience of big tours, and my co manager can help me to give teams, since he did good performance in tours. Moreover, since he is permalocked, he can't flame the members of the team or troling them, so no risks.
I think we are complementary because I am a competitor and he likes to troll so he will give some fun in the room.
Finally, we want to avenge all banned guys, by giving them some honor.

PS! name: crucify
Assistant Manager: LRXC
Team Name: :scolipede:Godspeed Scolipedes:scolipede:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): neither of us have officially managed a team tour before, but I've been around a lot of winning team environments, including the 1v1pl 4 winning barraskewdas, and im confident i can recreate those and lead my team to victory. I'm about as up to date as it gets in swsh, bw, and dpp through grinding ladder and helping ppl in classic and champs. lil runna big stunna LRXC made classic finals last year in his first 1v1 tour, was part of the wc 4 winning team US Central (no latinas will capture his attention during this tour do not worry), is a 1v1 room driver, and has remained passionate about 1v1 old gens throughout his entire time in this community. Also he does youtube videos check him out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGyOMoK-6csr_oUzgEfOwA.

tl;dr we're two of the biggest tryhards in this community and we're both 100% committed to building a team that has a good chance of winning this tour and having fun while doing it, godspeed everyone

Last edited:
PS! name: Snowjy
Assistant Manager: KawaiiiiPotato
Team Name: :cherubi:Charming Cherubis:cherubi:
Why would you be a good manager?
While my tour history and results don’t look very appealing, I have a very deep understanding of the game and the meta. I struggle in teambuilding, but I’m great at eving mons to do wacky stuff in the calc. However, I’m very adept at analyzing in team preview and excel at outplaying in unfavorable situations. I like to think of myself as friendly and I feel as though I’d be a very good leader.
LOGO:
1610302468124.png

Last edited:

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
PS! name: Sanshokuinsumireko
Assistant Manager: Bopher
Team Name:
The Simping Slaking
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Even though Bopher and I have never managed a team tour we have both played in multiple team tours. I have been in Cap snake, 2v2pl, CPL, and of course I played for team U.S Central+Latam that won 1v1 World Cup Four. While Bopher although not having the same experience as me has played in many private discord tournaments and has; also played in 1v1 World Cup Four on the Canada+Oceania team and only stopped because they played against U.S Central+Latam.

Last edited:
Me and xavgb are here to take 1v1 by storm with the Sexy Stealing your girl Sobbles. Our insane amount of sexiness should do the job to be good candidates as managerial duo for this 1v1pl
1610378013506.png

Our 1v1 experience:
me: 12 ojr 1577 66.5% 1629 ± 30 (once upon a time on the ss1v1 ladder)
xavgb :
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-11 om 16.18.56.png

frostyicelad

Ghosts can't go through doors, it's not fire
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RBTT Champion
PS! name: frostyicelad
Assistant Manager: Not A Racist
Team Name: ZeroTol Zeraora
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details) : I've managed a bunch of tours including but not limited to all iterations of RBTT and tours plaza premier 2. Not A Racist also has their fair share of experience in managing. Also I participated in the last two 1v1 world cup, and was a part of the big baller barraskewdas last year. Although I'm negative, I know the player base, and we can form a championship winning team.

Edit: Not A Racist won best manager for rbtt3, and I won best manager for rbtt2, so capable hands.

Last edited:
PS! Name: Notater517
Assistant Manager: Tol
Team name:
1610425979613.png

Why would you be a good manager? Tol is a longtime 1v1 community member and a generally good person who is good at teambuilding and can foster a positive environment for both success and general enjoyment of 1v1PL. Even when not on US East proper, I have provided an important supporting role both there and last year on the Teatime Terrors, so I feel that I would do well in a managerial role so as to help run a team discord and support a team through teambuilding wherever needed. tldr both of us are good support and can run a discord that is the antithesis of toxic

(shoutouts to Tol for the team logo btw)

PS! name: CallMeJJok3R
Co-Manager: Had others, but life came up. Not signing up with others because I don't want to get their hopes up when I expect not to be chosen
Team Name: Wooloo Warriors - It's Wooloo with a saucepan as a helmet ^^
Untitled presentation (8).jpg

(Although Zygarde Zoomers is a great name because of it's 1% form I'd rather Wooloo be my brand)

Why would I be a good manager? Its something I've always wanted to do. Every year I want to manage a team, prove I'm worthy, sometimes its just to prove everyone saying I can't wrong. But also me believing I have the ability to. I spent hours every year doing mock drafts, preparing ideas and all that jazz. I even do it during World Cup I'm not addicted to drafts. I know I won't be picked. Can be demoralizing at points. But I still wanted to sign up to at least say I tried. I still plan on signing up no matter what. I wanna win & have fun doing (no Magikarp required) I hope everyone has a great PL and hope whoever is picked, the best has the best PL possible. Woo! Idk how to end this...Um <3 West :)

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PL V Managers
After much deliberation, we have finally selected the 8 managers who will be participating in PL V. Before they are laid out, I just want to thank each and every one of you who put forth managerial signups, it was difficult to select the finalists with there being a lot of worthy candidates out there.

The teams are as follows:

:ss/jirachi: Jirachi Regalia :ss/jirachi:
Manager: Rosa
Assistant Manager: Rellia

:ss/Poliwrath: Pyramid of Poliwrath :ss/Poliwrath:
Manager: Euphonos
Assistant Manager: Quantum Tesseract

:ss/Thwackey: Trigger Happy-Thwackeys :ss/Thwackey:
Manager: zio
Assistant Manager: STABLE

:ss/Rhyperior: RPS Rhyperiors :ss/Rhyperior:
Manager: Aliss
Assistant Manager: Here Comes Team Charm!

:ss/Porygon: Trojan Porygons :ss/Porygon:
Manager: Yami
Assistant Manager: Jamez155

:ss/Purrloin: Castelia City Catgirls :ss/Purrloin:
Manager: Mubs
Assistant Manager: DEG

:ss/Scolipede: Godspeed Scolipedes :ss/Scolipede:
Manager: crucify
Assistant Manager: LRXC

:sm/Slaking: The Simping Slakings :sm/Slaking:
Manager: Sanshokuinsumireko
Assistant Manager: Bopher

Once again, thank you to everyone who threw their hat in. Manager Signups are now closed, and Player Signups will be available momentarily.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)