Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

i think that megas are perfectly fine and they should just be left to their own accord
But more on the point, I severely doubt that they would change anything drastic to any systems in the game to ruin it, such as the (possible) Mega evolution. Imagine how disappointed people would be if their Mega lasted only 3 turns? If the repel system was like it was in the original games and not BW? I do honestly think that they will keep stuff like that the same.

Mr.Creep69

Banned deucer.
But more on the point, I severely doubt that they would change anything drastic to any systems in the game to ruin it, such as the (possible) Mega evolution. Imagine how disappointed people would be if their Mega lasted only 3 turns? If the repel system was like it was in the original games and not BW? I do honestly think that they will keep stuff like that the same.
i agree with you fully. the fact when some things work they just should leave it in like how some Pokemon never used to be fairy but when they came out with X and Y they changed a lot of Pokemons typing into fairy and whatever they might have been and it really confuses me and i dont seem to like it or enjoy it as much

If Megas and Dynamax co-exist, there's no way in hell they're going to let both happen to one Pokémon at the same time. That would break the game completely.
Without considering the fact that "it would break the game" isnt a thing in Gamefreak's balance (daily reminder Calyrex exists and is legal right now in competitive), the only reason for which it's legitimate to think Megas would not be able to dynamax is because of the fact there's a "precedent" in gen 7 with Mega Rayquaza not being able to hold a Z-crystal.

...except that was probably just because Mega evolution and Z-move used the same button on the UI and they didn't want to code a dedicated one.

For what matters it's just pointless speculation. We speculated that ubers would not be able to Dynamax at start of gen 8 due to the 3 legal ubers (the 2 dogs and Eternatus) not being able to, then the "35" came and we saw that wasnt the case, and the latest introduced Uber also can Dynamax, proving our speculation and any thought that "they wouldn't let ubers Dynamax, it'd be broken" could easily be thrown off Rose Tower.

I think they just wouldn't so it doesn't overcomplicate things. The Dynamax button is basically where the Z-move and Mega Evo button would be; I think they'd code it so that if you're holding one of those you forfeit your ability to Dynamax at all.
Pretty much my point: if they do it, it likely has nothing to do with balance, and just more to do with keeping stuff simple and with "one super mechanic button only" :mad:

In before gen 9 games brings all 3 super mechanics back and usable at same time and fulfils my desire for UTTER FUCKING CHAOS

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think it's important to remember that the games' release is still several months away, and based on past trends information will be spread out over the next at least eight months or so until November this year when Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will likely actually release. So we may know more in about a month or two or so, and more in the months following and vice versa.

So when those times come there will be more to discuss when they decide to do info reveals every month or two in the months to come.

Mr.Creep69

Banned deucer.
I think we're straying away from the topic of the DP remakes, maybe the "is dynamax a good mechanic" convo is better suited in the unpopular opinions threads or somethin? Just a thought:) Hopefully the next trailer, whenever that may be, will shed some light on the presence of megas or dynamax.
thank you all i can say is that i hope they do something interesting and quite outgoing in the game

Dynamax has an interesting background and nice effects, but the oversize is too much, especially in a game when already a small mouse can generate thunders and some whales learns Earthquake ... They should have made the pokemon a big bigger (like x2) but no more and nerf the HP boost. The Dyna moves are all interesting !

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I do hope that the nest trailer comes out soon, as we are kinda running out of things to talk about :/
Sounds like the thread should be locked then in that case. Its definitely reading like it at this point. Keep to stuff that has been shown. No one knows about DMax or Megas yet, so let it go. I'll be locking this in a few hours.

I'll tidy up the OP over the weekend and make it a bit more special.

You know, as someone who plays both Smogon and Nintendo formats, if BDSP don’t feature Dynamax and has a Battle Stadium, that alone might be buying the game for.
I actually have a somewhat justified "fear" that it might go the Let's Go route and not have a Battle Spot at all.

It's legitimate to assume SwSh will remain the "competitive" game for VGC (or Arceus Legend could), I don't see them having a game made by another company their main one, even if it's still technically a main series game.

I still am convinced that with DP remakes release, all the gen up-to-4 pokemon missing from SwSh will also be added via free update to make them transferable into it. It is a "selling point" for the remakes in the end, to be able to catch those pokes to move them to the main game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)