move 2: Expanding Force
move 3: Mud Shot / Draining Kiss / Hyper Beam
move 4: Protect
item: Life Orb / Focus Sash
ability: As One (Spectrier)
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Boasting two of the highest Special Attack and Speed stats in the game and the ability to snowball via As One after every KO it gets, Calyrex-S is one of the strongest, most dangerous Pokemon in the VGC metagame. The combination of its Ghost- and Psychic-type STAB moves hits almost the entire metagame for at least neutral damage, barring Grimmsnarl, Urshifu-S, and staple Incineroar, which are its biggest nemeses. Astral Barrage hits both targets, 2HKOing almost the entire unboosted metagame. It allows Calyrex-S to hit the likes of Zacian-C, Dragapult, and Calyrex-I hard. It also turns into Max Phantasm when Dynamaxed, dropping the Defense of both opposing Pokemon for strong physical allies such as Urshifu-R. Expanding Force becomes a spread move under Psychic Terrain provided by an ally such as Indeedee-F and OHKOes Pokemon such as Urshifu-R and Venusaur. Max Mindstorm also sets up Psychic Terrain, blocking Mimikyu's Shadow Sneak and Urshifu-S's Sucker Punch. Mud Shot allows Calyrex-S to hit Incineroar and becomes Max Quake when Dynamaxed, which consistently deals substantial damage to Incineroar while raising Calyrex-S's and its allies' Special Defense. Draining Kiss allows Calyrex-S to hit problematic Dark-types such as Urshifu-S, Grimmsnarl, and Yveltal. Hyper Beam is used mainly to turn into Max Strike when Dynamaxed, allowing Calyrex-S to lower the Speed of both opposing Pokemon. Trick Room is an alternative option, allowing Calyrex-S to support slower teammates such as Torkoal on specific team compositions. Life Orb boosts Calyrex-S's damage output to high levels, allowing it to 2HKO just about anything that doesn't resist its attacks. Alternatively, Focus Sash helps Calyrex-S in the mirror matchup while also giving it at least two opportunities to attack in every other matchup thanks to its naturally high Speed.

Calyrex-S appreciates Tailwind support from Whimsicott, allowing it to wreak havoc with its powerful moves. Indeedee-F is helpful for its ability to set up Psychic Terrain so Calyrex-S can deal huge amounts of damage with Expanding Force and Max Mindstorm. Indeedee-F also provides Calyrex-S with redirection support in the form of Follow Me, as Calyrex-S is rather frail, and Helping Hand support to boost Calyrex-S's damage output to astronomical levels, especially under Dynamax. Calyrex-S is also accompanied by Pokemon such as Thundurus and Urshifu-R that can thwart its biggest check, Incineroar, by punishing its Intimidate with Defiant and Surging Strikes, respectively. Urshifu-S is also dealt with, as both of the aforementioned partners have super effective moves for it. Calyrex-S lowers the Defense of opposing Pokemon with Max Phantasm for them in return, allowing them to clean up late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Sole Survivor, 518634]]
- Quality checked by: [[yuki, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Astral Barrage
move 3: Protect / Hyper Beam
move 4: Mud Shot
(I think I'd swap the slashed slot around. Also feels weird to me to say we're dropping Protect for a 4th move where I feel like I'd slash the two moves. I feel like I'd do slot 3 Mud Shot / Draining Kiss / Hyper Beam, slot 4 Protect. Mention Trick Room somewhere within the analysis, but also say that's team specific.)

ability: As One

[SET COMMENTS]

Boasting one of the highest Special Attack and Speed stats in the game and ability to snowball via As One after every KO it takes, Calyrex-S is one of the strongest, most dangerous Restricted Pokemon in the metagame. The combination of its Ghost- and Psychic-type STABs hits almost the entire metagame for at least neutral damage, barring staple (check your wording here) Incineroar and Grimmsnarl who are its biggest nemeses (I would be listing Urshifu-S here). Astral Barrage is Calyrex-S's powerful signature move (This is a bit fluffy, more pertinent to call it the strongest Ghost-type STAB move and then talk about the spread nature of it), allowing it to hit the likes of Zacian-C, Dragapult, and Rillaboom hard (Why these in particular? Agree with Dragapult, but I'd like to also talk about things like Calyrex-I here). It turns into Max Phantasm in Dynamax, getting Defense drops onto both opposing Pokemon for strong Physical allies such as Urshifu-R (Might also be worth mentioning . Expanding Force is Calyrex-S's Psychic-type move of choice which becomes a spread move in Psychic Terrain from an ally such as Indeedee-F (Notable that Max Mindstorm also sets Psychic Terrain, which blocks Mimikyu's Shadow Sneak and Urshifu-S's Sucker Punch), hitting Pokemon such as Urshifu-R, Venusaur, and Porygon2 (I think I'd need to see a calc to believe this in a way, because if you don't near on KO the P2, it's just gonna punish back via Trick Room, Eerie Impulse, Foul Play) extremely hard, OHKOing the former two. Hyper Beam is used mainly as it turns into Max Strike in Dynamax, allowing Calyrex-S to lower the opposing Pokemon's Speeds. Mud Shot allows Calyrex-S to hit Incineroar and becomes Max Quake in Dynamax which can OHKO Incineroar depending on its spread while raising Calyrex-S and its allies' Special Defense. (Worth changing a couple things about here to talk about the proposed changes to the set) Life Orb boosts Calyrex-S's damage output to high levels, allowing it to 2HKO just about anything that doesn't resist its attacks. Alternatively, Focus Sash helps Calyrex-S in the mirror while also giving it at least two opportunities to attack in every other matchup thanks to its high Speed.

Calyrex-S appreciates Whimsicott as it can set up Tailwind, allowing Calyrex-S to wreak havoc with its powerful moves. Indeedee-F is helpful for its ability to set up Psychic Terrain so Calyrex-S can deal huge amounts of damage with Expanding Force and Max Mindstorm. Indeedee-F also provides Calyrex-S with redirection in the form of Follow Me as Calyrex-S is rather frail while Helping Hand shoots up Calyrex-S's damage output to astronomical levels, especially in Dynamax, potentially turning many 2HKOs into OHKOs (This feels a bit nebulous to say, because of course a 1.5x damage boost could do this). Calyrex-S is also accompanied by Pokemon such as Thundurus and Urshifu-R who can thwart its biggest check, Incineroar, by punishing its Intimidate with Defiant and Surging Strikes respectively (Very much worth mentioning Urshifu-S again here, because these 2 also do check it). Calyrex-S gets Defense drops with Max Phantasm for them in return, allowing them to clean up in the late game.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Good job with this one, let me know when it's implemented and it shouldn't be too far out from the stamp

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
add
delete
comment

:SS/Calyrex-Shadow:

[SET]
ability: As One

[SET COMMENTS]

Boasting one of the highest Special Attack and Speed stats in the game and ability to snowball via As One after every KO it takes, Calyrex-S is one of the strongest, most dangerous Restricted Pokemon in the metagame. The combination of its Ghost- and Psychic-type STABs hits almost the entire metagame for at least neutral damage, barring Grimmsnarl, Urshifu-S, and staple Incineroar who are its biggest nemeses. Astral Barrage is Calyrex-S's strongest Ghost-type STAB move which bits hits both targets, 2HKOing almost the entire unboosted metagame. It allows Calyrex-S to hit the likes of Zacian-C, Dragapult, and Calyrex-I hard. It turns into Max Phantasm in Dynamax, getting Defense drops onto on both opposing Pokemon for strong physical allies such as Urshifu-R. Expanding Force is Calyrex-S's Psychic-type move of choice which becomes a spread move in Psychic Terrain from an ally such as Indeedee-F, hitting while OHKOing Pokemon such as Urshifu-R and Venusaur extremely hard, OHKOing them. Max Mindstorm also sets up Psychic Terrain, blocking Mimikyu's Shadow Sneak and Urshifu-S's Sucker Punch. Mud Shot allows Calyrex-S to hit Incineroar and becomes Max Quake in Dynamax,(AC) which consistently deals substantial damage to Incineroar while raising Calyrex-S and its allies' Special Defense. Draining Kiss allows Calyrex-S to hit problematic Dark-types such as Urshifu-S, Grimmsnarl, and Yveltal. Hyper Beam is used mainly as it turns into Max Strike in Dynamax, allowing Calyrex-S to lower both opposing Pokemon's Speeds. Trick Room is an alternative move option, allowing Calyrex-S to support slower teammates such as Torkoal on specific team compositions. Life Orb boosts Calyrex-S's damage output to high levels, allowing it to 2HKO just about anything that doesn't resist its attacks. Alternatively, Focus Sash helps Calyrex-S in the mirror matchup while also giving it at least two opportunities to attack in every other matchup thanks to its naturally high Speed.

Calyrex-S appreciates Whimsicott as it can set up Tailwind, allowing Calyrex-S to wreak havoc with its powerful moves. Indeedee-F is helpful for its ability to set up Psychic Terrain so Calyrex-S can deal huge amounts of damage with Expanding Force and Max Mindstorm. Indeedee-F also provides Calyrex-S with redirection support in the form of Follow Me as Calyrex-S is rather frail while Helping Hand shoots up Calyrex-S's damage output to astronomical levels, especially under Dynamax. Calyrex-S is also accompanied by Pokemon such as Thundurus and Urshifu-R who can thwart its biggest check, Incineroar, by punishing its Intimidate with Defiant and Surging Strikes respectively. Urshifu-S is also dealt with as both of the aforementioned partners have super effective moves for it. Calyrex-S gets Defense drops with Max Phantasm for them in return, allowing them to clean up in the late game late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
good job! :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma
Remember that amateur GP checkers don't get included in the credits, only official GP members do.

GP 1/1

Qiqi_Stamp.gif

[SET]
ability: As One (Spectrier)

[SET COMMENTS]

Boasting one two of the highest Special Attack and Speed stats in the game and the ability to snowball via As One after every KO it takes gets, Calyrex-S is one of the strongest, most dangerous Restricted Pokemon in the VGC metagame. The combination of its Ghost- and Psychic-type STABs STAB moves hits almost the entire metagame for at least neutral damage, barring Grimmsnarl, Urshifu-S, and staple Incineroar, (AC) who which are its biggest nemeses. Astral Barrage hits both targets, 2HKOing almost the entire unboosted metagame. It allows Calyrex-S to hit the likes of Zacian-C, Dragapult, and Calyrex-I hard. It also turns into Max Phantasm in Dynamax when Dynamaxed, getting dropping the Defense drops on of both opposing Pokemon for strong physical allies such as Urshifu-R. Expanding Force is Calyrex-S's Psychic-type move of choice which becomes a spread move in under Psychic Terrain from provided by an ally such as Indeedee-F, (RC) while OHKOing and OHKOes Pokemon such as Urshifu-R and Venusaur. Max Mindstorm also sets up Psychic Terrain, blocking Mimikyu's Shadow Sneak and Urshifu-S's Sucker Punch. Mud Shot allows Calyrex-S to hit Incineroar and becomes Max Quake in Dynamax when Dynamaxed, which consistently deals substantial damage to Incineroar while raising Calyrex-S's and its allies' Special Defense. Draining Kiss allows Calyrex-S to hit problematic Dark-types such as Urshifu-S, Grimmsnarl, and Yveltal. Hyper Beam is used mainly as it turns to turn into Max Strike in Dynamax when Dynamaxed, allowing Calyrex-S to lower the Speed of both opposing Pokemon's Speeds Pokemon. Trick Room is an alternative move option, allowing Calyrex-S to support slower teammates such as Torkoal on specific team compositions. Life Orb boosts Calyrex-S's damage output to high levels, allowing it to 2HKO just about anything that doesn't resist its attacks. Alternatively, Focus Sash helps Calyrex-S in the mirror matchup while also giving it at least two opportunities to attack in every other matchup thanks to its naturally high Speed.

Calyrex-S appreciates Tailwind support from Whimsicott as it can set up Tailwind, allowing Calyrex-S it to wreak havoc with its powerful moves. Indeedee-F is helpful for its ability to set up Psychic Terrain so Calyrex-S can deal huge amounts of damage with Expanding Force and Max Mindstorm. Indeedee-F also provides Calyrex-S with redirection support in the form of Follow Me, (AC) as Calyrex-S is rather frail, (AC) while and Helping Hand shoots up support to boost Calyrex-S's damage output to astronomical levels, especially under Dynamax. Calyrex-S is also accompanied by Pokemon such as Thundurus and Urshifu-R who that can thwart its biggest check, Incineroar, by punishing its Intimidate with Defiant and Surging Strikes, (AC) respectively. Urshifu-S is also dealt with, (AC) as both of the aforementioned partners have super effective moves for it. Calyrex-S gets Defense drops lowers the Defense of opposing Pokemon with Max Phantasm for them in return, allowing them to clean up late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)