NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
forum mafia is probably way more enjoyable when you know how the majority of roles work and understand better sr'ing tactics

and ok Drookez is near conf town in my eyes now after latest post, i do not think there would be a scum aligned role that led to me getting the results i did at night

What do you think of Drookez offering your night results to the thread in that case? Is it AI?
sorta did up until his latest post

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
forum mafia is probably way more enjoyable when you know how the majority of roles work and understand better sr'ing tactics

and ok Drookez is near conf town in my eyes now after latest post, i do not think there would be a scum aligned role that led to me getting the results i did at night

sorta did up until his latest post
If we can near conf town Drookez your results should be shared y/n

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
not really all that in control of the thread rn in terms of comprehension but I don't think town would have a tracker and role cop for sure? Right. Plus role cop tends to be more scum than tracker anyways. I would tend to say Drookez town / Dyo scum in that case? yea?
Celever you liked this but now are voting drookez out of the two? why did you switch so fast to dyo being clear when you initially called his cop on hal scum

This is acc often when bussing occurs because you don't have to respond to any discourse. It's a way to bus in late-game vote count analysis since votes are taken out of context
The two votes on dyo at that point were from whydon and realiti who did not post any reasoning for their vote. One vote was also on Laurel. I don't think mafia in any case sees this and goes "oh i have to buss other wise i might look bad" considering there is no clear sign that the dyo vote was going through at all. As i said, on a risk-benefit scale, it's much more risky.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Celever
Clouds
Da Letter El
Dave
Drookez
Dyo
Haruno
M2H
Laurel

Right.

If (IF) Clouds and Drookez aren't scumbuds openwolf trolling then we have

Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Celever
Da Letter El
Dave
Dyo
Haruno
M2H
Laurel

Think we all agree it makes little sense for me or M2H to do this kill (and I'll take Haruno off they're dead)

Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Da Letter El
Dave
Dyo
Laurel

I legit think Dave is likelier to kill DLE based on the discussion we've had prior so? And DLE I think kills me or Caff 90% of the time so

Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Dyo
Laurel

For me this is where we shoot today and I'm at peace with that. I like Dyo's explanations and think that they are reasonably rational and certainly well constructed on the fly.

There are 3 theories for the others:
1) Ayia saw the speculation about Haruno and Texas possibly being 3p lovers or having really powerful abilities unlock when they meet each other, and paranoiacally shot Haruno just in case. The active posters hadn't yet really focussed on him so it made sense to leave Caff, Cel and M2H alive as they were distracted elsewhere, primarily each other. DLE, Dyo, and Dave had vote equity moving into today so shooting there is also bad for someone who doesn't know that both are experienced maf players and are just focussing on this game. Laurel and Haruno would be the only two viable shots for this slot taking that into account, and Laurel has also been shaded and been a relative non-factor up to this point.

2) Caffeine wanted to kill Haruno to stoke the fire of the power dynamics he set up yesterday. Caff heavily bought into Haruno's claim being legitimate and prob town, so saw this as a sensible shot as others would soon also consider Haruno town and that's bad in the lategame.

3) Laurel has come into the thread and justified why Haruno was a good kill himself. I disagree with his logic, but it shows he has that logic.

RN it's between Dyo and Ayia. I'm comfortable to Vote Ayia a LOT of people have said they think this slot is town for basically no reason too

Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Celever
Clouds
Da Letter El
Dave
Drookez
Dyo
Haruno
M2H
Laurel

Right.

If (IF) Clouds and Drookez aren't scumbuds openwolf trolling then we have

Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Celever
Da Letter El
Dave
Dyo
Haruno
M2H
Laurel

Think we all agree it makes little sense for me or M2H to do this kill (and I'll take Haruno off they're dead)

Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Da Letter El
Dave
Dyo
Laurel

I legit think Dave is likelier to kill DLE based on the discussion we've had prior so? And DLE I think kills me or Caff 90% of the time so

Ayia
CaffeineBoost
Dyo
Laurel

For me this is where we shoot today and I'm at peace with that. I like Dyo's explanations and think that they are reasonably rational and certainly well constructed on the fly.

There are 3 theories for the others:
1) Ayia saw the speculation about Haruno and Texas possibly being 3p lovers or having really powerful abilities unlock when they meet each other, and paranoiacally shot Haruno just in case. The active posters hadn't yet really focussed on him so it made sense to leave Caff, Cel and M2H alive as they were distracted elsewhere, primarily each other. DLE, Dyo, and Dave had vote equity moving into today so shooting there is also bad for someone who doesn't know that both are experienced maf players and are just focussing on this game. Laurel and Haruno would be the only two viable shots for this slot taking that into account, and Laurel has also been shaded and been a relative non-factor up to this point.

2) Caffeine wanted to kill Haruno to stoke the fire of the power dynamics he set up yesterday. Caff heavily bought into Haruno's claim being legitimate and prob town, so saw this as a sensible shot as others would soon also consider Haruno town and that's bad in the lategame.

3) Laurel has come into the thread and justified why Haruno was a good kill himself. I disagree with his logic, but it shows he has that logic.

RN it's between Dyo and Ayia. I'm comfortable to Vote Ayia a LOT of people have said they think this slot is town for basically no reason too
you said a ton of things in this post that make absolutely no logical sense to me, but idk how to take that.

ok for one WHY are drookez/clouds apparently alignment connected I don't get that take AT ALL.

for two you explain that caffeineboost could have made the kill because they say Haruno as being legitimate, but you also were nearly sycophantically in support of texas/haruno yesterday so for some reason you hand wave the possibility that you made that kill (even though you trusted haruno's claim in thread) but fsr shade caffeineboost for largely the same reason.

the whole shpeal about unclesam saying dle is the best kill for an experienced player is just not right and its super weird that you take it at face value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)