SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

It makes absolutely no sense that Happiny learns Softboiled. It very specifically doesn't have an egg. Like its entire thing is that its "egg" is actually a rock.
I didnt get what you mean at first but i checked and apparently the pokedex really does say that happinys egg is just a rock, and that shes trying to mimic chansey lol. Well thats explains why it didnt have it for so long

Mesprit has always kind of lingered in the shadow of Cresselia defensively. I actually didn’t notice Recover on Cresselia at first and thought Mesprit might have finally gotten something outside of like three extra coverage moves and hitting itself harder in confusion to distinguish it from Cresselia. Oh well…

It makes absolutely no sense that Happiny learns Softboiled. It very specifically doesn't have an egg. Like its entire thing is that its "egg" is actually a rock.
It’s mom packed it a lunch of 10-16 eggs

Mantyke might even get some ZU use cause hes a thic
I see u mirin

Gliscor gets Spikes now eh? It definitely didn't need it, but that brings the number of actual Ground-type Pokemon that can learn it to a grand total of three (Diggersby, Sandslash (as of Gen 8), and now Gliscor). We're moving on up in the world!

Oh and Gamefreak... Thanks for giving Whiscash Aerial Ace. That's exactly the move it needed to distinguish itself from its Water/Ground brethren and really shine. :facepalm:

Oh and Gamefreak... Thanks for giving Whiscash Aerial Ace. That's exactly the move it needed to distinguish itself from its Water/Ground brethren and really shine. :facepalm:
I think Whiscash has everything it needs to distinguish itself already. It's the only one in PLA other than Gastrodon, and it's the only one overall with access to Dragon Dance and an ability that stops Intimidate. Let it never be said Whiscash isn't unique. Whatever you may think of its competitive merit, one extra non-Bounce Flying move to help it survive Grass-types certainly doesn't hurt either.

The absolute DISRESPECT towards my boy Wyrdeer hurts me deep, I tell ya what. Just look at it bros. Majorly increased bulk? Reduced speed? Identical offenses? Maintaining the same abilities as the base, most notably Intimidate? This is designed from the ground up for Doubles to exploit the Intimidate + Trick Room combo. If you want a primer on the potential of that combo, just a reminder that there are VGC seasons where original Stantler has seen niche usage since it and now its evolution remain the only Pokemon with both. Maybe it won't shred Smogon Singles, but it isn't supposed to. For the formats it is designed for, it is nothing short of absolute fire
Glad someone else is seeing the value he brings to the table
I used Stantler to some decent success back in 2016 (6-3 at Nationals) and he was a great mon to have on the team, seeing what they gave Wyrdeer made me really happy, so I'm praying it won't be too long until he's available for me to use.

I used Stantler to some decent success back in 2016 (6-3 at Nationals) and he was a great mon to have on the team, seeing what they gave Wyrdeer made me really happy, so I'm praying it won't be too long until he's available for me to use.
u more hyped for eviolite stantler or wyrdeer

So, the worldbuilding in PLA actually slaps, for several reasons

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 8.11.06 PM.png
The clan members talk about the legendaries in a manner that brings to mind how Dialga/Palkia were the ultimate world-creating force of their respective game back in D/P. The Diamond and Pearl Clans' understanding of the regional myths show that they worship their respective legendaries as if Dialga or Palkia is the most divine 'mon (like they aren't aware of Arceus)
DF1A9988-25C1-4171-A4EA-9553DF818EEF_1_201_a.jpeg
I'm seeing a connection between the way Dialga and Palkia are venerated by their followers and their Arceus-inspired end game form changes. The people have appropriated local hisuian culture for themselves, and the gods they worship appropriate Arceus' form at the climax of the game. Even the Pokedex entries from the datamines back up the idea that the creation duo tried imitating Arceus. The whole thing reads like Game Freak really wanted to tell a story about a world affected by cultural appropriation, usurpers and indigenous erasure, and the theming is in every nook and cranny. I adore.
[/SPOILER]
2A45965C-110E-4286-A0FA-095D34DAB6DB_1_105_c.jpeg

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So, the worldbuilding in PLA actually slaps, for several reasons

The clan members talk about the legendaries in a manner that brings to mind how Dialga/Palkia were the ultimate world-creating force of their respective game back in D/P. The Diamond and Pearl Clans' understanding of the regional myths show that they worship their respective legendaries as if Dialga or Palkia is the most divine 'mon (like they aren't aware of Arceus)
I'm seeing a connection between the way Dialga and Palkia are venerated by their followers and their Arceus-inspired end game form changes. The people have appropriated local hisuian culture for themselves, and the gods they worship appropriate Arceus' form at the climax of the game. Even the Pokedex entries from the datamines back up the idea that the creation duo tried imitating Arceus. The whole thing reads like Game Freak really wanted to tell a story about a world affected by cultural appropriation, usurpers and indigenous erasure, and the theming is in every nook and cranny. I adore.
[/SPOILER]
Now I can't get off my head the idea that Dialga/Palkia may be trying to look like Arceus to make their worshippers feel happy.

So, we know Dialga and Palkia's new forms are Origin forms. We know Giratina-Origin is how Giratina truly appears when its in its own domain, and it needs an item to appear in that form in the "real" world. We know Dialga and Palkia are the embodiment of time and space respectively, and Giratina is the embodiment of antimatter (although given the physics of the Distortion World, I'd argue it's also an embodiment of quantum mechanics). We can logically extrapolate that Dialga-Origin and Palkia-Origin are their true forms (as much is concluded by Dialga's LA Pokedex entry), and they need their respective items to exist that way in our world.

Human beings are not capable of accurately perceiving any of the domains these Pokemon represent. I think this is likely why Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina appear so different in our world. I think their form is tied to our perceptions of their domain, and their Altered forms represent our altered perception of time, space, and I guess antimatter or quantum mechanics or whatever Giratina is really supposed to be. What that means for the lore behind these Pokemon? I don't know. Maybe nothing, but that's the headcanon I'm going with until proven otherwise.

1643007911650.png

So the stories were true. He does exist—the Chad Stantler Enjoyer.

Last edited:
Between all the most broken Pokemon in the history of Mainline Pokemon (Gen 1 Mewtwo, Gen 2 Snorlax, Mega Rayquaza, ect.), how does Legend Plate Arceus stack up with the rest of them? While we can't play it in a meta yet and PLA isn't even released yet, Legend Plate Arceus might honestly be even better than Gen 1 Mewtwo. Even Mewtwo had to deal with Chansey Freezing it, and Psychic was just 90 BP. Arceus and Judgement changing types to be super effective means its 100 BP is effectively 200 BP with literally no downsides.

Between all the most broken Pokemon in the history of Mainline Pokemon (Gen 1 Mewtwo, Gen 2 Snorlax, Mega Rayquaza, ect.), how does Legend Plate Arceus stack up with the rest of them? While we can't play it in a meta yet and PLA isn't even released yet, Legend Plate Arceus might honestly be even better than Gen 1 Mewtwo. Even Mewtwo had to deal with Chansey Freezing it, and Psychic was just 90 BP. Arceus and Judgement changing types to be super effective means its 100 BP is effectively 200 BP with literally no downsides.
Its main drawback is that it only has 5 PP. Also we don't know how the move interacts with abilities, so it could be exploitable. Against something like Eelektross for example, the move might transform into a ground type attack only to get negated by Levitate.

u more hyped for eviolite stantler or wyrdeer
So, just based off what I know currently, I’d say Wyrdeer, but it’ll really depend on what the format is looking like.
At the time I was using Stantler, it was full support holding Mental Herb and running Trick Room, Gravity, Hypnosis, and Skill Swap

Assuming those are all available when Wyrdeer drops and it ends up still being the set I would want, I’d prefer Wyrdeer due to the ability to hold a Mental Herb while still having increased bulk/decreased speed, but it’s entirely possible Eviolite Stantler becomes the better option.

Judgment's PP being 5/8 is a bit of a problem but depending on how it interacts with abilities, Legend Plate Arceus would literally be uncounterable. It would be like Mega Rayquaza but even worse, because even Mega Ray runs into 4MSS and can't run Dragon Ascent, Earthquake, Extremespeed, Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, and V-Create all on the same set, so something is going to check it. Heatran if it lacks Earthquake, Skarmory if it lacks V-Create, etc.

Legends Plate Arceus clicks one move and hits everything. The fact that it only has 8 PP is irrelevant if it only needs 6 of them to 6-0 you, and even if you pack multiple Pressure users or something stupid like that, it would definitely punch colossal holes in your team with that 8 PP that would be extremely easy for its 5 other teammates to exploit.

If Legends Plate makes it into a main series game I would genuinely say it would be the most broken thing ever released. At least you can play around Mega Rayquaza, even if that counterplay is ridiculously limited. How do you play around this? Sac something to lock it into a certain type and then revengekill it with a faster Pokemon, praying to... Arceus that it doesn't just switch out? Gimmicky shit like Focus Sash + Mirror Coat/Metal Burst? The X button?

If Legends Plate makes it into a main series game I would genuinely say it would be the most broken thing ever released
To be fair, we're talking of a literal god.

I think we can be fine with it being the most broken thing ever released.

Also, as far as hypotetical go, assuming "Legend Plate Arceus" makes it to main series...

Due to already existing Arceus mechanics, it's legitimate to assume it'd require a specific new Plate item (possibly literally Legend Plate) to acquire this power. That'd mean it's open to just be outsped by scarfers. Or walled by Chansey/Blissey considering Judgement is still a special attack. It also loses access to Lum and Leftovers making it subject to status, entry hazards, etc. Possibly, Pressure users with Protect may just giggle on it wasting half of its PP without anything done and force 50/50 on swaps to rack entry hazard damage.
Would it break smogon? Maybe, but since Ubers now became more open to bans, it'd just join MegaRay and Zacian in AG.
Would it break VGC? Not really, it's not allowed there since it's a Mythical.
Would it break ingame playthroughts? Neither, it's never obtainable outside of events, and even if, it's Pokemon, playthroughts are already easy anyway.

So all in all... can it be the most broken thing ever released? Yeah why not, I don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Due to already existing Arceus mechanics, it's legitimate to assume it'd require a specific new Plate item (possibly literally Legend Plate) to acquire this power. That'd mean it's open to just be outsped by scarfers. Or walled by Chansey/Blissey considering Judgement is still a special attack. It also loses access to Lum and Leftovers making it subject to status, entry hazards, etc.
I don't think you're taking into account this thing still has 3 more moveslots. Substitute and Calm Mind would let it break every special wall in existence and being outpaced by Scarfers isn't much of a problem when you have 120/120/120 bulk, unpredictable typing, and can just switch out and come back in later while nothing can actually switch in on you.

And sure, official formats might not allow it but that doesn't mean it isn't broken, it just limits where it can be broken lol.

Will Smogon create a separate Legends: Arceus (PLA) format which uses the new turn-based battle mechanics from the game (action-order and all)?

Given PLA does not have PvP/online battles, I'd be curious to see how the meta would develop for this type of new battle style.

And sure, official formats might not allow it but that doesn't mean it isn't broken, it just limits where it can be broken lol.
And my point was... ok so what if it is? It's literally PokeGod. I think it's fine that by design it's able to destroy anything that exists. Cause it's.. you know... God.
And it doesnt even break competitive since it's not allowed in the official one, and in smogon you can just ban it.

I think speed will be the biggest thing holding Arceus back. 120 speed, while good, isn't stellar by AG standards -- quite a few relevant Ubers are faster than it, and most of them have good Fighting moves. Marshadow, Zacian and potentially even Zamazenta will just ruin its day, while Eternatus can Toxic it and waste PP with Pressure.

I do think it will deal with Calyrex pretty well though. It can switch in on Astral Barrage if it returns to Normal type on switch out, it'll be immune to Trick, and it can almost certainly tank a Psyshock before retaliating with a quad effective Dark Judgment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)