Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Well time to spam Choice Scarf Mach Punch
Uh I mean
The official usage stats are up! its all very exciting and fun, also CHIEN PAO? MORE LIKE CHIEN POO
BAN

I legitimately don't think blessing is going to make a very big splash to be honest, the pokemon it's limited to, it only reviving at half health and having 1 pp is all too limiting

What are you reviving that your opponent took down already that's going to flip the whole game on its back? Especially with team preview showing you have brain bug or pawmot waiting to do so?

I suppose you could have a second shot at memento or something or the oft mentioned second coming of the great ape but I dunno

It’s live now!
Offense with rest/talk pawmot sheesh, only played 3 games or so
setup screens with grimmsnarl and switched in cyclizar and then just manuvered til i won, revival blessing let me bring back my Ekiller Dragonite after its checks were down and dont even get me started on annhialape
Edit:DONT RUN REST/TALK forces you to switch but you cant so you auto lose to timer

Last edited:
What are you reviving that your opponent took down already that's going to flip the whole game on its back? Especially with team preview showing you have brain bug or pawmot waiting to do so?
Depending on playing 5/6 this isn't the most dissimilar idea to when some teams would run stuff like Healing Wish or Lunar Dance to revitalize a potential Win Condition, albeit it's a less powerful position for most to come back to. That said, the opposite argument to the sentence there is "How much work did it take your opponent to deal with the first time?"

Imagine an offense team that managed to weather and take out something like Ape or Chi-Yu, having that progress undone by now having to do another 50% to a mon that could have taken several turns of careful play to remove without reckless losses.

It might be a gimmick in the end given the value of another go at a mon is match-up reliant, but conceptually there is a lot of potential value in reviving certain Pokemon since in a well played team, the mon you revived fainted after doing work and now may get to do more.

The cuts from this gen are really starting to annoy me. Old pokemon like the Eeveelutions keep getting worse move pools. I can't get Defog on Pelipper for my Talonflame rain team. And now I find out there's no Rowap Berry. There goes my plan to try out a chip special wall Arboliva set. Ah. I love Arbivola's design and was so excited to try something new with it. Why cut the berry options when you release a new Harvest pokemon? And we got no Grassy Glide available, either. So between that and the cuts, there aren't many other viable pokemon that can actually take advantage of Grassy Terrain. Sowing Seeds is another cool ability that won't see the full potential this gen, at least not until we get the transfer of more mons. Arboliva could have much more potential than it currently has.

Last edited:
Fun Fact: Despite being the unequivocal best Pokemon in its Meta, GSC Snorlax can never break a 50% Win Rate because everyone uses it but only half of the players can win any given battle.

This is kind of a joke but also to illustrate (albeit in an extreme) that a near 50% Win-rate is significant if you have substantial usage, since the Pokemon likely appears on a lot of team and thus will incur losses by law of averages and potential shared matches. Getting above 50% entails the mon is used relatively infrequently but to extreme success by the users it does have, which given the usage based tiering and tendency of players to watch for new trends is an extremely rare set of circumstances.
Didn’t the website say it only had a 12 ish percent use rate? If it was this “common” mon wouldn’t it be much higher usage wise? And the cyclizar v cyclizar match ups would push it closer to 50% which means it probably has a lower win rate excluding those match ups because it is below 50.

Screenshot_20221201_164625.jpg

Can someone explain how the fuck this kills?

252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Hands Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ting-Lu: 408-482 (79.3 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (it wasn't cb btw that was just to show how much it could have done total)

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Most underrated pokemon in the usage statistics: Espathra.

| 51 | Espathra | 2.518% |

Pretty sure everyone knows what this does by now, and maybe it was just that it took a while to catch on but I really think this thing is a top tier threat. Tera fairy dazzling gleam is pretty standard but it also has shadow ball, sub, roost, and of course functions very well with screens or shed tail support.

Most overrated mon: Corviknight
| 6 | Corviknight | 22.238% |
I just cannot justify this much usage on a hazard remover who has nothing for gholdengo, doesn't do much vs glimmora or garchomp, gets 2hkod by chien pao icicle crash and also let's chi yu come in for free. Whats he doing up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)