Tournament Random Battles Extension League - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cohosted by bobomania and Wubben. Approved by sharpclaw.
RBEL logo.png

Welcome to the manager signups for the first ever Random Battles Extension League! If you wish to manage a team for RBEL, you must post in this thread.

Each team will be led by two managers, who may themselves count towards their team’s total roster of ten starters and two substitutes if they choose to play. Both managers can play, but neither is obligated to.

If you would like to manage a team, please post using the format below. Only post if you are applying to manage; all other posts will be deleted. All users are eligible to manage, and you may sign up as a managing pair or as a solo manager in search of a co-manager. Managing pairs will be chosen by the hosts, and mascot preference will be taken into account, but is not guaranteed.
Note: If you are currently participating in RBTT, you may still sign up as a manager. However, you will not be allowed to play.

Team mascots will be limited to pseudo-legendaries. The eligible mascots are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, Kommo-o, Dragapult, and Baxcalibur.

Code:
PS Name:
Co-Manager (if any):
Preferred Mascot:
What is your managing experience, if any?
Why would you make a good manager?:
MANAGER SIGNUPS WILL CLOSE ON SUNDAY JANUARY 21ST!

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
PS Name: Aranacana
Co-Manager (if any): Elgino
Preferred Mascot: Metagross
What is your managing experience, if any?: Bunch of random teamtours, including WCOR and some PL's
Why would you make a good manager?: I'm the goat, Elgino is good at the video game

Last edited:

Piyush25

is a defending SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
PS Name: Piyush21
Co-Manager (if any): Yes or no my dude
Preferred Mascot: Big Dragonite

What is your managing experience, if any?: Managed team India to three consecutive playoffs spots (Finals in Roawc, Semis in Uuwc, quarters in randswc). Won puwc and Hpl. Currently semis in OUPL

Why would you make a good manager?: Previous teammates can vouch for me by wow reacting

yonmd

Formerly Yes or no my dude
is a Tiering Contributor
PS Name: Piyush21
Co-Manager (if any): Yes or no my dude
Preferred Mascot: Big Dragonite

What is your managing experience, if any?: Managed team India to three consecutive playoffs spots (Finals in Roawc, Semis in Uuwc, quarters in randswc). Won puwc and Hpl. Currently semis in OUPL

Why would you make a good manager?: Previous teammates can vouch for me by wow reacting
To further explain why we would make great managers, we’re empathetic role models who will strive to be the very best for our players, as well as do anything for the sake of the tour. Our acts of philanthropy include providing heavy duty boots to the volcaronas and supplying focus sashes to the ribombees. Because of what we have done and what we will continue to do for the good of the mons community, I believe it is paramount that we are allotted a slots as team managers within the prestigious Random Battles Extension League.

PS Name: luchick
Co-Manager: Trefleuh
Preferred Mascot: chomper here
What is your managing experience, if any?: Managed wcor1 and was 3rd manager at wcor2, managed few tours from small communities and LA servers
Why would you make a good manager?: we both have solo rands experience such as Rands Slam playoffs and teamtours like RBTT, CCC and Wcor, so we already know how a good team should feel. We also know well enough the community to draft the best players arround c:

PS name: meamdefinitely4
Co-Manager: TNTDestroyer (they said they'd do it)
Preferred Mascot: Glorious Goodras
What is your managing experience, if any: ..... crickets (tbf this is my first time ever diving into the tournament cycle)
Why would you make a good manager:
You all told me to be more confident so here I go...

Most people perceive a manager as someone with experience and leadership skills. These people are generally well-known and very skilled. Because of this, myself and TNTDestroyer will likely be overlooked and maybe even considered as a Farfetch'd entry. However, there are a few things you, the hosts and auths, should consider.
1) Most of the people signing up to be managers are probably top 500 in one or more ladders. This obviously represents their skill, but we have our own skills. For example, TNT is dedicated enough so get 2-3 alts on gen 5 top 500, with at least 2 of them usually in top 20. They have also recently achieved 2000 elo on gen 9 rands. Meanwhile, my elo ratings are less noteworthy but also consistent. I've achieved 1300 elo or greater in gens 4-9, while working on getting to 1300 in gens 1-3. Plus, our GXEs are pretty decent too.
2) We will definitely be called out for our lack of really any managing experience. This is a trait common with newer players (it says I've been around since 2019 but I really only started being active in the rands community last year and TNT has only been here since 2022.) Giving newer players the chance to lead a team to success is admittedly risky but also an interesting experiment that could potentially pay off.
3) Out of all the people on PS, name at least 5 with TNT's personality. Can't do it? That's because it's impossible. TNT has an eccentric personality almost unmatched and still manages to be at least liked as a whole in the rands room. Plus, if you ever pay attention to the comments section, I share some of the same personality traits: playful, eccentric, easygoing, etc. My point is that our unironically unserious natures can provide a healthy atmosphere to the team environment. We can be supportive figures that try and make decisions that are best for the team.

In summary, we believe that we should be at least considered for management positions in RBEL. Finally, go Glorious Goodras!

TL;DR: read what TNT put ig
Also in the event we did get picked a potential issue could arise during the draft (possible availability issues)

Thank you for reading or simply scrolling through this because you're busy trying to get to the bottom of the page and don't want to spend an extremely long amount of time reading this whole thing.

GL to ALL!!

Last edited:
PS name: meamdefinitely4
Co-Manager: TNTDestroyer (they said they'd do it)
Preferred Mascot: Glorious Goodras
What is your managing experience, if any: ..... crickets (tbf this is my first time ever diving into the tournament cycle)
Why would you make a good manager: I'm pretty active in the rands room and I have at least respectable skill in multiple rands formats. Plus, I feel like I can help organize a team that has many different strengths and no glaring weaknesses. Finally, I can be a supportive and positive presence to any team.
Meanwhile, TNTDestroyer may look like a one-trick pony due to their wonderful ladder ranks in gen 5, but in reality, they are much more skilled. They are relatively high on the gen 9 singles and even doubles ladder, and they have more knowledge of the older gens than most. Plus, TNT is a positive, energetic personality who is rising in popularity. They can also be a voice of reason and support.

Overall, we would make good managers because we're both rising players who can take the RBEL by storm if given the chance. We have the tools needed to succeed in this format, including battle prowess, familiarity with a sizable portion of the rands community, and positive, energetic personalities that can counteract the steely intensity of others.

Gl to all
Id like to add that me pro and cool so vote me for vice president because yes
(Edit: enough trolling, to add to meams list of reasons on why we should be managers, I have been known to be a friendly and respectful member of the randbats community. Although I have only been around for the past 3 months, I have already made myself known as a knowledgeable person and very flexible person. Some people may doubt us after the venezula world cup incident (where two managers were careless with the scheduling of their players) but we can prove ourselves to be capable for this opportunity that lies ahead of us. Meam has also proven himself to be a very talented member of the community, he has much to gain from this as do I. An opportunity like this would mean so much to the both of us and we swear to try our best in preparation prior to the weeks ahead of us if we do get selected. Im gonna sign off here. - goat~ i mean tntdestroyer

Last edited:
PS: Casual dot exe
Co: Buhrito
Mascot: Dragapult

Experience: I managed rbtt3 and USNE in wcor 2 (third manager for wcor 1 xd), Buhrito has experience ghost managing and is an active member in the rands/twitch streaming scene.

Good manager: USNE had really good vibes this year which makes me interested in managing more rands tours. I’m looking to keep up the good vibes with Buhrito and new fresh rands talent. Both of us also have experience playing rands forum tours from slam, previous rbtts, and wcor.

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
PS Name: TDR
Co-Manager (if any): skimmythegod
Preferred Mascot: Baxcalibur
What is your managing experience, if any?: Both of us have managed multiple tours last year the latest ones including HPL, where my team made finals and his semis, finals of NDPL and TPP. Both of us have also managed multiple WC and played in various other relevant team tours on the site and in rands particularly skimmy has played in rands world cup and also made playoffs of rands circuit. Both of us are well versed and pretty involved in both current and older gens and look forward to perform well given the motivation.

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
PS Name: Tarrembeau
Co-Manager (if any): Chains of Markov
Preferred Mascot: Hisuian-Goodra, Kommo-o otherwise

What is your managing experience: Chains of Markov managed Team Benelux to victory in WCoR2, as for myself, i'm a two time CCC manager with a win in CCC3, and RBTT6 team Palkia manager

Why would you make a good manager?: We're both invested members of the staff team and the random battles community as a whole. I'm always excited to discover new talents and give players a shot at the game as well as thriving to create a good team environment, a sentiment shared by my coman. Also he won wcor2 :wo:

PS Name: Tarrembeau
Co-Manager (if any): Chains of Markov
Preferred Mascot: Hisuian-Goodra, Kommo-o otherwise

What is your managing experience: Chains of Markov managed Team Benelux to victory in WCoR2, as for myself, i'm a two time CCC manager with a win in CCC3, and RBTT6 team Palkia manager

Why would you make a good manager?: We're both invested members of the staff team and the random battles community as a whole. I'm always excited to discover new talents and give players a shot at the game as well as thriving to create a good team environment, a sentiment shared by my coman. Also he won wcor2 :wo:
Confirming :boi:

PS Name: J0rdy004 ♫
Co-Manager (if any): Michielleus
Preferred Mascot: Hydreigon
What is your managing experience, if any? I managed the Pangoros in Tours BLT to finals last year and shadowmanaged both editions of WCOR, where our team made finals the first time and won the tour last edition.
Why would you make a good manager?: I have been following the rands community for quite a while now and know the playerbase well. Managing-wise I like being on top of things. Mich doesn't have any managing experience in particular, but he has played an endless amount of top level tour - and ladder games and as such has great knowledge of the upper echelon of rands (including unproven ladder heroes). We believe that this combination should translate into good results, if not a win in this tour!

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
PS Name: autumn
Co-Manager (if any): PrinceOfAllTacos
Preferred Mascot: tyranitar
What is your managing experience, if any?: i’ve managed oupl this year and other team tours like uu snake ltpl etc. i also managed the first 3 editions of rbtt. poat has managed the last 3 tours blts and wcor
Why would you make a good manager?: we both have a lot of experience with managing and in the community (even tho mine is a lot older). im good at helping new users and players grow into tours, which is something i’ve tried to do in everything i manage, so a tour like this will let me help build a future community. i care a lot about community building and tours like this

Last edited:

Buhrito

is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
PS: Casual dot exe
Co: Buhrito
Mascot: Dragapult

Experience: I managed rbtt3 and USNE in wcor 2 (third manager for wcor 1 xd), Buhrito has experience ghost managing and is an active member in the rands/twitch streaming scene.

Good manager: USNE had really good vibes this year which makes me interested in managing more rands tours. I’m looking to keep up the good vibes with Buhrito and new fresh rands talent. Both of us also have experience playing rands forum tours from slam, previous rbtts, and wcor.
CONFIRMING
1705367162130.png

Lady Writer

on the tv
is a Tiering Contributor
PS Name: Lady Writer
Co-Manager (if any): Hacker
Preferred Mascot: Salamence
What is your managing experience, if any? We have both managed many draft league team tournaments
Why would you make a good manager?: I am a multi year veteran in the rands community, participating in rbtt 3 times, as well as 2 wcors and rands slam last year. Hacker has joined the community in the past year playing in the last two editions of rbtt, as well as last year's wcor. Hacker and I have been teammates numerous times in various types of team tournaments before, and we have extremely good chemistry and success as a pairing. We both have an eye for talent that may go overlooked, so we feel we are a good fit to captain this kind of tournament so that these players can get a chance to prove themselves on a big stage.

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
PS Name: Bobsican
Co-Manager (if any): tigershark/genius1
Preferred Mascot: Kommo-o
What is your managing experience, if any?: Previously managed the Virbank City Toxtricities in the PMPL V
Why would you make a good manager?: I'm extremely active and ensure the team is up to date on how each week is going (dates, who to match who), while also notifying the hosts of any issues that are brought up, I also have general competitive knowledge and can provide some help to the team.

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
PS Name: uhBella
Co-Manager (if any): velvet
Preferred Mascot: Goodra
What is your managing experience, if any?:
PUWC 2023 and UWC 2023 (US West) LPL
Why would you make a good manager?: Im active and i feel like im a good motivator and leader when it comes to a team. Im also active in making sure people get their games done and get subs and extensions in time for my team. Additionally, me and velvet have proven to make a great good cop / bad cop duo as seen in PUWC and UWC, and she has much more experience managing than me. Both of us are both well experienced tours players aswell who can provide knowledge for our team.

PS Name: uhBella
Co-Manager (if any): velvet
Preferred Mascot: Goodra
What is your managing experience, if any?:
PUWC 2023 and UWC 2023 (US West) LPL
Why would you make a good manager?: Im active and i feel like im a good motivator and leader when it comes to a team. Im also active in making sure people get their games done and get subs and extensions in time for my team. Additionally, me and velvet have proven to make a great good cop / bad cop duo as seen in PUWC and UWC, and she has much more experience managing than me. Both of us are both well experienced tours players aswell who can provide knowledge for our team.
Im bad cop
IMG_2536.jpeg

genisu

I COULD BE BANNED!
PS Name: Bobsican
Co-Manager (if any): tigershark/genius1
Preferred Mascot: Kommo-o
What is your managing experience, if any?: Previously managed the Virbank City Toxtricities in the PMPL V
Why would you make a good manager?: I'm extremely active and ensure the team is up to date on how each week is going (dates, who to match who), while also notifying the hosts of any issues that are brought up, I also have general competitive knowledge and can provide some help to the team.
confirming

PS Name: buzbee2000
Co-Manager: None, but willing to work with anyone
Preferred Mascot: Shiny Slowking
What is your managing experience, if any?: Coach on my school's debate team and editor-in-chief of my school's paper lol. Nothing Pokemon related in terms of management, but looking to gain some. If it means anything, I've been top 10 on the gen 9 rands leaderboard and top 50 on the gen 8 rands board.

PS name: Autismic47
co-manager: None of yet
Preferred mascot: hydreigon
Managerial experience: none as of yet for Pokémon.
Why I would make a good manager: i am active daily, and am invested in all Pokémon games. When I dedicate myself to a task, nothing except absolute victory will satisfy me. My dedication has before taken me to the ICO world karate championships beforehand, and earned me a silver medal. I may not be a very sociable person, but were I to find a good co-manager who is sociable I am certain that my determination and their charisma, our team would be a force to be reckoned with. And although I’m not very sociable, I would have no issue with testing out teams, and I would do my best to improve these teams and give them a one way ticket to ubers.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Name: Perry
Co-Manager (if any): Ren-chon
Preferred Mascot: Dragonite
What is your managing experience, if any?: I have managed the Drizzlers in UPL since 2021, with 1 tournament win and 2 playoff appearances. I also have won OURPL as co-manager some years ago if that is worth something LMAO My co-manager has managed in numerous NU tournaments over the years, including NUWC, NUPL and NUSD/NUCL.
Why would you make a good manager?: We have good experience managing throughout the years and we are more active than we'd like at this point of our lives. I particularly play Random Battles the most at this point, and we are looking forward to try our short here as well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)