Smogon Forums

Inflikted
Inflikted
Hello, thanks for the welcome! I hope I do, too :D
Inflikted
Inflikted
Well, my question is: as a newbie to the forums, how can I actually start contributing? Is there an estabilished way to start getting involved, or I can just, for example, help to shape movesets by posting in the analysis threads or similar things?
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
the best way to contribute in terms of c&c is to first know the metagame you're talking about. play around in it, sign up for battling 101 to get tutored in it, join their irc channel and get tips, etc. from there you can just sign up to write an analysis, or you can just post on analysis threads to help shape movesets
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
actually knowing what you're talking about is very important though, since you don't want to post moveset ideas and have yourself look bad since they're not good ones. that's where the battling 101 stuff and such comes in
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
any more questions?
Inflikted
Inflikted
Well...At this point my only problem is that I am not completely sure about my level of skill...I mean, I know I am not the best player, but I think I'm quite experienced in the metas I play (mostly OU atm), simply due to the fact I play a lot, and with decent results. So I don't know whether I actually need tutoring or not (i know it's bizarre). Any suggestions? :)