Smogon Forums

morningsun
morningsun
Hey. Ya, it has been. How's it going?
Mymble
Mymble
Pretty good, I've written three analyses, all VGC'14. XY RU comes out tomorrow so I'm looking forwards to that.

Is that L in your avatar?
morningsun
morningsun
Yes, it is. I don't think I've admired the genius of a fictional character more than I have L's. I resonate a lot with Death Note and Light and L both. I was unhappy with both their deaths, lol. The game was absolutely fantastic as was the overarching theme.
Mymble
Mymble
In the first book Ryuk tells Light he's going to kill him.
morningsun
morningsun
I know. But I liked him. That was the beauty of it. Even though I knew exactly what was going to happen, I was still sitting, incredibly nervous, hoping that Light would survive. I wanted so that when Mikami wrote everyone's names in that they would all die. I don't know why. I even think that Light was a terrible person, but I don't think that what he did was entirely wrong.
morningsun
morningsun
I can't say that I'd do much different or even that L would do much different. I empathized very greatly with him basically. Although, I hated him for the way he treated Misa. That's the one thing that I didn't like about him.
morningsun
morningsun
Other than that, he was an absolute mastermind who seemed to pass judgement in a considerably fair, although somewhat crazy, manner. As they said though, the mere possession of that kind of power in any hands is a curse in itself. Plus, he would've been on the team to find Kira had he not been Kira, and he would've worked hard to try and catch Kira. This shows an inner conflict that I found really nice to see.
morningsun
morningsun
I would've posted that all as one comment, but it told me I surpassed the word limit, lol.
Mymble
Mymble
lol,

He manipulated Misa to the point that she quartered her own life for him. He did it because she let him, not really a justification though. I didn't particularly like him, he was pretentious, so was L though. Light went crazy, L was crazy to start with.
morningsun
morningsun
L wasn't crazy, he was different. As I've said, I resonate a lot with him.

That's really the one thing that I hated about Light, the way he manipulates Misa.

I think with both characters, I resonate at the level of thought process more so than action. I understand where they're coming from, so I have a lot more empathy/sympathy for them.
Mymble
Mymble
Can we remember that M was a character.
morningsun
morningsun
Him and N both. What about them?