Smogon Forums

Grim
Grim
Fraxure has pretty nice coverage. Low Kick and Poison Jab pretty much hit everything Outrage does not hit.

As for Altaria, I could argue that Earthquake + Dragon STAB gives decent coverage, but DD + 3 attacks Altaria is pretty much outclassed by Fraxure. The only DD Altaria set I would use is Sub, Roost, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw; and that set does not rely on coverage anyway. :]

252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Fraxure: 125-148 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 41.4% chance to 2HKO

Does not do much more damage than it does against Pupitar.
Politoad
Politoad
Have to remind you that Sneasel will usually go straight for Ice Punch, which I calculated with for Pupitar. Try that :]

Outrage will lock it though, meaning Fairy-types can safely come in and get rid of it, that can be a bummer for Fraxure.
Politoad
Politoad
252+ Atk Life Orb Sneasel Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Fraxure: 252-299 (92.3 - 109.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Grim
Grim
Both Pupitar and Fraxure almost get OHKO'd by Ice Punch. The reason why I only calced Ice Shard is because I was assuming a scenario where Fraxure has done 1 Dragon Dance, making it able to outspeed Sneasel.

Yeah, that can be quite a bummer. But the only Fairy-types you really see in PU are Togetic, Mr. Mime, and sometimes Clefairy.
Politoad
Politoad
Pupitar doesn't get OHKOed, unlike Fraxure :P

Though, Steel-types can easily switch in as well, leaving Fraxure confused which can be pretty awful seeing confusion does quite a lot of damage.
Grim
Grim
Fair enough lol.

Just like Fairy-types, Steel-types are somewhat uncommon. Bastiodon and Metang are like the only relevant ones.

Bastiodon is kinda bad, can't really do much back except maybe Roar or Toxic, and gets wrecked by Low Kick if no confusion hax.
Metang takes little of any of Fraxure's attacks, but once again can't do much back except Toxic. (Meteor Mash does 25%)

Of course Fraxure is not perfect, but it's most definitely a good pokemon whom I would choose over Pupitar unless I really want STAB EdgeQuake or something.