Smogon Forums

morningsun
morningsun
I wish I could, but now is not a good time for that. I'd love to chat on xat again though if you're up for it.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
What's the difference?
morningsun
morningsun
Sound
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Nah you don't have to voice call, there's an IM system in it too. Very convenient
morningsun
morningsun
So, it'd just be an xat convo except through Skype?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah but it's easier because you don't have to go to a site to use it. I leave it open on my computer pretty much all the time and you can leave messages even when a person is not on.
morningsun
morningsun
Wait, so is it a download?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah, it's a program.
morningsun
morningsun
It'll unfortunately be a while before I can get it in that case... :(
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Do you not have your own computer?
morningsun
morningsun
No. I'm not in college yet, so there wouldn't be a point. I should have one before I'm a freshman though, which isn't too far away.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
That really sucks. They're making webchat skype (so you can use it in a browser) but it's only beta right now, so only people with invitations can use it.

I need it too, can't get on Skype on my laptop :[
morningsun
morningsun
Yep.

So… can we do xat?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
The problem is time

time stops for no one after all
morningsun
morningsun
Nice, lol. It's so true though... I don't see how Skype would make that any better. If we don't have a time where all three of us are free, then we don't have a time where all three of us are free; it's not like the medium through which we communicate changes that. I realize that it's somewhat like texting, but in that case, why can't we just have a group message on our phones? Actually, why don't we?