Smogon Forums

2xTheTap
2xTheTap
You should read the whole thread, including the links found within before posting imo; there's a deliberate reason why I put 192 HP EVs (369 HP total) on Poliwrath.

It's not just speed creeping things that outspeed neutral nature 252 spe base 45s by 1 pt (i.e. 190). It also has to do with the fact that 369 exceeds the 1/16th by 1 HP, which is ideal for reducing other forms of passive damage (not just stealth rock: poison, burn, leech seed, hail, sandstorm, etc.).

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/magic-number-of-hp.3456308/

After reading the first paragraph, hopefully that's a bit clearer.
Kingler
Kingler
just wondering, where'd you get that thread from? i had read it but frmo what i saw it didn't receive much attention and wasn't very well-received
2xTheTap
2xTheTap
Googled HP numbers. Scorp's article in the thread is a much better source overall, which is right below that too in case credibility is an issue.

While it wasn't well received and there was a mistake (he said to activate pinch berries, you need an even number of HP - actually has to be divisible by 4 to do this), it summed up HP numbers much more concisely than other threads have, which is pretty much the point as newer players don't always read overly verbose/technical smogon articles (much less understand them when they do lol).
Kingler
Kingler
fair enough I guess, seems fine
2xTheTap
2xTheTap
Let me know if you see anything else - also, there are some mini analyses left open (Metang, Vullaby, Simisear, etc.) that you could write up if you were interested?
Kingler
Kingler
might do some of those although simi is basically max speed max spatk so not much to be done there
Kingler
Kingler
actually w/e, I'll check the reservation list and reserve some mons