Smogon Forums

Omastar68
Omastar68
OK, long post is a no go. Short version: I totally get where you're coming from and it doesn't bother me. I've played on PS a lot, actually.
Omastar68
Omastar68
Can I double post here. 140 characters isn't really a lot. Wanted to say my PS name is Stalwart Cow(Because obviously no one's gonna figure that out.)
cant say
cant say
If you're on PS a lot then why not visit our room?
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespot

it's a chat room where we just talk about whatever, but mostly BSS stuff. We also host tournaments which are really fun, and almost everyone is always up for a fun match to help test stuff
Omastar68
Omastar68
I guess the reason is because, as PS is mainly for testing, and my team seems to be doing pretty good, meaning that this is what I'm going with, I'm breeding to play on cart right now. The problem is I'm waiting for someone to be able to trade, so I only have five of my Pokes ready. I kind of wanted to do a tournament, though. My team wins more often than not, so I might actually be able to win LoL.

Also, it seems comments can be any length-the 140 was just for a Post. Who makes this stuff up?
cant say
cant say
I checked your rank out and your only in the 1200s in BSS, I would definitely aim for /at least/ 1300s before you think your team is anything special. You can literally get to mid 1200s just by beating 1000-1010 rank scrubs lol. Our tournaments are really fun though, we've started doing round robins too which allows us to play more games (coz getting knocked out rd1 sucks), so definitely come hang out. I actually don't play on PS that much at all but I just hang there coz it's fun...

Oh yeah there is a character limit for this too but idk what it is
Omastar68
Omastar68
Yeah, I think part of the reason my rating is relatively low is team's in the past that were less good, but that's only part of the problem, so I'll definitely try to spend more time on PS. I guess what I mean about my team being ready is I have answers to all the top 12, and even have some fairly unorthodox stuff(i.e. Earthquake on Venusaur), meant to deal specifically with some of the more problematic Pokes among them. I'm also good against a handful of things that see a fair bit of usage, but aren't top 12, like Gliscor, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Volcarona, Mega Sableye, and a few more. Still, Lati twins can really mess me up, and if they Trick a Choice item onto P2, then I'm tempted to forfeit then and there. There are a few other problems, as I'm sure you can imagine.

btw, how do you get the usage stats for all Pokes in BSS, not just which are the top 12 like on the PGL(and why 12? I mean seriously) I'm pretty sure you can(I'd imagine), and it would probably be a help for team building, even though I think I'm done with that for now.
cant say
cant say
Do you build all your teams in the mindset of "I need to check all the popular stuff"? A few of your RMTs have been really defensive / slow and you bring up the fact that you hate Sub users a lot (which shit all over defensive teams). Have you ever tried just choosing a powerful Pokemon as your centrepiece, give it a solid offensive partner that beats the things that wall your main mon, then fill out the team with Pokemon that compliment the success of your main 1-2 Pokemon? You'll never get anywhere if you just build teams full of (weird) checks to the top 1-20 most used Pokemon. You need a way to actually win instead of playing to not lose...

There's a blogger who we follow (nouthuca, he's a user here too) who gets all the stats off the PGL with a special script. We've tried replicating the results so we don't have to rely on him but have had no success