Smogon Forums

Tachi_Master
Tachi_Master
... My Inbox?

I'm sorry, people tend to tell me that my brain should get checked (I really should) for it's small capability :P
astroboy
astroboy
its at the top right of your screen by your name
Tachi_Master
Tachi_Master
Found it. Thanks :3
astroboy
astroboy
no problem. what brought you to smogon, if you don't mind me asking? do you have any definite idea of how you'd like to make the most of your time on the site? i know starting off can be a hard time, or it was for me anyways
Tachi_Master
Tachi_Master
Eh, nothing that big. I originally planned to disappear after attempting to write an analysis for Scyther for killing the over-the-top free time I have in my hands then going back to testing monotype teams.

... I enjoy being bad :P
astroboy
astroboy
thats fair: keeping an open mind is great to have at the start of anything.

in any case, scyther is 100% outclassed in its roles by scizor and talonflame and it really doesnt have a place on a serious ou team. i get that youre new tho, so dont sweat it :)
Tachi_Master
Tachi_Master
Yeah, but he's practically Talonflame + Scizor incorporated in each other, making him more... "flexible"?

I know he's terrible and can't deny it, but I want at least a mention for him in the metagame.
astroboy
astroboy
while scyther might "compress" the roles of both talonflame and scizor, its objectively worse than that and you're never really gonna ever realistically use it. i hate to be negative, man, im sorry haha