Smogon Forums

QxC4eva
QxC4eva
Hey, I really like the way you built his tuft! Kinda late for me to fix up Tomo's one but I reckon it might be a good for a revamp in the future. Is there any chance I can see your wireframe? :P (just a screenshot is fine)
DJTHED
DJTHED
Uhm... Most of the model is just based off of the 3DS model with a lot of reworking, more specifically towards the face. What you see elsewhere on the model can be found 'mostly' on Eevee's ingame model, including the tufts, just at a lower polycount compared to this render.

I appreciate the fact that you could have ever thought anything I could model would hold up next to official Game Freak models, though. :s
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
Wait, did you not edit the tuft at all though? I remember Eevee's 3ds model had textures on it instead of the geometry you have in that render. And tbh I'm probably around your level at modeling but I look at professional stuff all the time that's why I can give flak whenever I feel like it :P
DJTHED
DJTHED
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
Oooh okay, thank you c: On a side note I think your renders are a bit big. They probably look better at 1/4 to 1/3 that size cause you don't have much texture detail and the bad creases on the face really show up otherwise. Nice edit on the face though!
DJTHED
DJTHED
Right. Can't do much about texture detail because that's something I cannot do right now. But yeah, speaking of the bad creases, I literally just noticed when you first made today a pretty bad one I somehow missed between the mouth and nose. Egh. I'll be fixing that soon. Definitely still a few minor ones around the mouth in general. Still trying to figure out how to make everything look right when making a facial rig using lattices.
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
Uhh did I just ruin your day!? O_O Well let me know if I can do anything to cheer you up.........
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
and I just thought of something lewd but decided not to say XD
DJTHED
DJTHED
What? I'm fine. I hate it when people interpret my replies as me being mad or whatever about someone's feedback... I want feedback. Don't care how harsh (unless the feedback somehow made it personal LOL), because I just want to make things better than I already do. When people think this way, they hold back some, most, if not all they have to say because they worry about me getting offended... for some reason.
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
woops! I must have misread this "I literally just noticed when you first made today a pretty bad one" >_< From my experience, Smogon is the worst place to get feedback cause literally everyone worships you here!
DJTHED
DJTHED
I don't even get why that is. I'm literally just a 19 year old amateur 3d animator with no professional background or training of any kind, who also so happens to like animating Pokemon, WHO also lacks the ability to do much of anything not related to 3d (barely capable of anything more than a stick figure with pen and paper).

I guess people really like seeing 3d stuff? Idk, this just kind of happened. lol

And sorry for the typo. Tends to happen occasionally when typing on a Wii U gamepad in bed... at 4 AM...