Smogon Forums

Martin
Martin
We don't hate you, you just got off to a bad start is all. Lurk and keep at it and you'll eventually get the hang of the site. Have a nice rest of day, and welcome to Smogon!

One other thing: something which people /do/ hate is self-insulting. Going around and saying "oh I'm stupid I'll just get out of your sight" won't get you any friends and will just make people gravitate away from you 'cause it sounds like attention seeking.
JosephCottone
JosephCottone
I'm from an area that expects smart people like myself to get it from the begining. I'm just woried that people will see me as an idiot for my creativity
blank
blank
dude just lurk more before jumping into posting. there is no harm in not being that good from the start... just don't try to argue something when you're new and all.
Martin
Martin
I'm not the type of person to flatter so I'm not gonna disagree with you on that. The initial impression I get of you is not a good one. However, this isn't to say you can't improve. I look back at my old posts and see mind-blowing stupidity, and when I compare it to some of my more recent, pretty good posts it is a massive improvement. Of my 3700-odd posts around 60-70% of them show a lack of thought and complete idiocy. You learn and grow as a user the more time you spend on the site, and you take on any advice that you get given.

You just need to put more thought into your posts. Lurking is v. useful--especially looking at better users. You will see the kinds of things you need to consider and you will slowly get better over time. Play more, get to mid/high ladder (1650+ ELO) and make informed posts which show an understanding of how you would use a Pokémon/playstyle well.

One last thing really is to say that you should use the edit button in future. You have made multiple double and triple posts in the 13 posts you have made on the site, but this goes against site rules. If you want to add to a post that you made recently, edit it in instead of double-posting. Not editing just comes across as really annoying and spammy.
JosephCottone
JosephCottone
Thanks, I feel pressure all the time to know it all
JosephCottone
JosephCottone
Ok I will do that in the future and I am ranked in the top 1100