Smogon Forums

DJTHED
DJTHED
Oh, interesting. Completely forgot that Eevee was in pokken. If the UVs are similar enough, I should be able to use it as a guide for making actual fur using Blender's particle system.
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
The UVs look a bit different, but the wireframe is exactly the same (I think) so you can probably bake the new textures onto the XY model
DJTHED
DJTHED
Looks like its time for me to upgrade my GPU... Even having a moderate amount of "children" fur particles causes my gpu drivers to crash and reset, and crashes blender when rendering. When it doesn't crash it increases render times by over 1000%... The 750 Ti has to go... Once I get enough money to replace it that is.

Applying a fur-like texture like with the pokken model would look cheap on a high resolution model, as expected, so I won't do that. I just hope all of this is worth it lmao.
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
That's not a bad card!!!! I'm on intel 4000 so yeah >.> Did you try see if you can tone down the settings a bit so it won't crash? Yeah, the texture by itself won't look good but you can get some nice filter effects with it, if you're willing to learn compositing :P
DJTHED
DJTHED
I'd rather just get a new card. I might make a compromise for the time being I guess, but I don't want a final product to suffer simply because of my current hardware.

And the 750 Ti is starting to show its age. Both in my games and in my rendering software... How the hell do you live with an Intel GPU? O.o
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
They say... blame it on the hardware or software if you want, but the biggest limit will always be the skill of the artist. Btw, do you happen to be one of those DIY junkies who builds their own PC and overclocks everything, always upgrading parts and runs water cooler for nothing but benchmarks? I have a cousin who does that, and we never get along XD Also integrated graphics is the future, man!
DJTHED
DJTHED
Integrated graphics... Lord.

I'm not too into upgrading the hell out of my setup, but if I can upgrade to save myself a ton of time with rendering, I'll do it when I can afford it.

Also for the record, I personally think watercooling is way too high maintenance with little payoff for it to ever be worth it IMO.
DJTHED
DJTHED
Also I rarely blame my software alone for limiting me, and I almost exclusively use open-source programs. :v
QxC4eva
QxC4eva
I remember you saying "Blender is stoopid" quite a bit though :P Meh I'm probably worse. What are you upgrading to anyway? 1080 gtx? :D