Smogon Forums

FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
the team originated with subcm aurorus as I wanted to use it, its fun and silly (like np golbat, which i've also used), and it fks up regimola teams. Its biggest defensive value in beating braviary and sigilyph (you'll notice this gives my registeel some moveslot freedom), while not allowing dugtrio to switch-in directly on it.
I never thought of gourgesit but its a lot slower than venu and doesn't come close to the pressure knock off venu can put on the opposing team. Venu also runs sdef so it can switch into opposing knock venu, as I would be very sad to lose my shed shell vs a venu + dug team. I can also absorb tspikes without defogging, and venu can put a little pressure on tspikes like weezing whereas togetic can't.
MANNAT
MANNAT
the lo eball sigi's still fucks up the team and the replacement for aurorus would be a brav counter anyways like evio offensive mag lol, but I understand what you're saying with venu>gourg
FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
LO Sigi can't even do 40% to toge with a max roll psychic, and has to play around that + regi + auro + mola pivoting around it, and dugtrio in the back to edge or pursuit.

If you have any suggestions that are legitimately better than aurorus, rather than simply different from it, let me know. Magneton, for example, is worse than aurorus for handling brav and sigi as it has no passive recovery and no way to boost itself, and dug support can also come in on its elec moves, whereas aurorus can sub and boost and dug can't switch-in directly regardless.
MANNAT
MANNAT
I keep forgetting about toge lol sry, but this team is incredibly solid. I just find aurorus weird in general lol, so I'll tell you if I find a legitimately better replacement for aurorus.
MANNAT
MANNAT
This is probably a really stupid idea, but how would AV eel (with knock) work? it is an excellent subbu brav check while also helping a lot with the weakness to sigilyph
FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
i dislike how av eel relies on wishpassing to maintain itself as a consistent answer to stuff since it lacks passive recovery (and its also not as fun as auro). I'd recommend you just try stuff that you think could work and lmk if it performs better in practice.