Smogon Forums

YellowAdminSilver
YellowAdminSilver
That's more pokemon than FMA characters lol ._.

Ummmm your team leader is Roy. The others we'll go from there gimme a minute
Toon
Toon
Thinking infernape or camerupt for roy
Toon
Toon
Ninetales-Winry or Riza
Camerupt -Breda
Magmortar -Alphonse/Armstrong
Mollux-Edward (this mon was traded to me with this name)

idk the others
YellowAdminSilver
YellowAdminSilver
I think you could go two ways: either make it about the sins or about Team Mustang. If you do sins, you could go with like Pride the Chandelure (ghost goes with the weird dark tendril thingies theme imo), Camerupt can be Sloth or Gluttony, Rotom is also a ghost so you could do Pride or Envy (with the appliances being closest to shape-shifting), Wrath I'd say would be Charizard, Pyroak is your defensive fatty and Rock Head/Battle Armor remind me of Greed. Lust is probably Ninetales or Delphox, by virtue of being pretty idk, Ninetales is gorgeous.
Toon
Toon
Im not into sins, let's go Team Mustang por favor
YellowAdminSilver
YellowAdminSilver
If you do Team Mustang first, Riza is the one who brings it all together and makes the stuff happen, so I'd point to Ninetales. Plus, you don't have any birdie themes like talonflame or w/e and a special attacker goes with the sharpshooter theme.

Camerupt would be a definite Breda here. Havoc strikes me as Magmortar because Havoc is the weapons expert and Magmortar is obviously named after a weapon. Fuery Idt has a straightforward equivalent but I'd go with Rotom, he's supposed to be a techie or something (so appliance Rotom?) and he's your grinder, not especially strong either on offense plus Rotom looks like he's wearing glasses B). Fallman is your coms expert so that could also fit with the appliance theme.

Team Mustang is only six-deep tho, so you need to reach into sins or other characters. You can use Alphonse as either Pyroak or Chandelure imo, leaning towards the latter because of the "oh lol I don't have a body but I can actually do some stupid powerful magic" thing. Roy in this case probably falls to Infernape as you said. Delphox can be Winry then.

Idk man, hopefully this is a good starting point and we can fill in some stuff after that, let me know ._.
YellowAdminSilver
YellowAdminSilver
Hey that's actually fine since I spent the last 12 minutes writing up Team Mustang haha
YellowAdminSilver
YellowAdminSilver
"Vato Falman is represented as the Bishop. The bishop moves in diagonals, requiring great skill to use. Each bishop can only access half the squares of the board, which is an interesting parallel to Falman’s lack of ability in the field. Opposite to the knight, the bishop is more powerful the farthest it is from the center of the board, which is also a good parallel to Falman’s supportive role during missions." This makes me think of either Rotom or Ninetales, but I feel like those have better nicknames elsewhere idk .-.
Toon
Toon
Camerupt-Breda
Magmortar-Havoc
Infernape-Roy
Pyroak-Alphonse cause it looks like it's wearing armor and I like chandelure current name over my Pyroak's
Rotom-Fuery

Currently what I have lemme look into more when I get home