Smogon Forums

TheChortler
TheChortler
Hey long time no see, that sounds about right to me! How's everything going?
Muffinlander
Really great actually. I think I skipped all you guys for all of high school. I was actually curious if there's still a skype group or if you still talk to anyone from there. How are things for you?
TheChortler
TheChortler
Pretty good! I was actually gone for a couple of years and came back to find that most of the grouos and people who used to be here were gone, but I've chatted a little with a few people like Golden Piloswine and gave BattleStar a try. Right now I'm just trucking through school as I figure out what I want to do with my life. Gen 7 has been pretty fun to experiment with in the meantime, though
Muffinlander
Yea i've tried it out, but it hasn't stuck with me too well. I've got my head buried in books and some social medias. Whats school for chort? I think last we talked you were like a sophomore or junior or something. I think I lightly remember both of them, but I'm really curious about Solidus and Tikidude. Maybe DuctTapeJack too, I remember him and TIki were related or something.
TheChortler
TheChortler
Yeah I believe I was a junior in high school. Currently I'm a sophmore possibly looking at a computer science major (or something along those lines). Solidus and golden piloswine are the same person if I remember correctly. I think you are right about tikidude and ducttapejack's relation. I definitely have mixed feelings about gen 7. In prior generations I've had a pretty easy time building teams that could handle most threats but there are so many new threats now that countering all of them is nearly impossible. I've had fun toying with the new meta though.
Muffinlander
Oh lol I always thought he was BattleStar. Or Smugleaf. Or....some other name. There's so many people I used to talk to daily on here, and it seems they're all gone! Computer science is pretty neat stuff, too, I hope you do well in that. That sounds really fun about gen 7 too, maybe I'll give it another try and stick to it.
TheChortler
TheChortler
For sure! What battle format do you typically favor?
Muffinlander
I remember using RU and UU on showdown 6v6 singles. Did I do that right?