Smogon Forums

Eisenherz
Eisenherz
Whoa, yeah, I'm not sure if you should even risk wasting a turn on a Heavy Ball since the catch rate is so low! Make sure you put all odds on your side to catch it! Congrats! :D
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
I only risked one, which sadly failed. I then spammed Ultra Balls at it. BTW, I just need to gather 3 BP in OrAs and the Bronzing experiment will be set to go (using bank to do it cuz I'mlazy)
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
Oh nice, let me know how it goes!
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
I'll have the points in a day or too, then can test it
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
Got everything set for a possible easy Beldum. Unrelated question, where do you get the Kalos Pentagon and Alolan Cross Icons from? Just need a way to mark my stuff by region and noticed you have them.
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
Well I'm starting to regret signing up for the Beldum hunt. Doesn't mean I'm giving up though. It is painful but fun.
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
I said that already, but I won't blame you if you want to give up :P Out of curiosity, did you get any shakes at all?
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
Managed one shake once. Its back to a catch rate of 3 if my theory is working. Almost unoticable but I'll take any buff I can get.
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
And giving up isn't something I do. Asking around for spare Heavy Balls, however, is.
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
Hmmm, with a catch rate of 3, you shouldn't have so much trouble, at 1HP most things with a catch rate of 3 can be caught within 50 balls, and getting shakes isn't so hard. So I'm afraid the skill swapping didn't work :/

If you want to keep going, though, I can provide you with more Heavy Balls!
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
More Heavy Balls would be nice. I'll PM you later
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
And I'm not sure if it worked. Doesn't seem to but I tested by chucking Pokeballs and it took 50 to get a single shake at 1 HP and Paralyzed. If it did anything its hard to tell
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
Question. Are you sure its possible? I've only gotten a single shake once. Beginning to think that may have been a glitch. Catch rate calculator says NaN% so does an impossible catch round up? Not giving up but I just wanna know if you have any clue what the rate is?
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
The catch rate calculator (if you mean MetalKid's) isn't reliable, at least it's consistently providing me with wrong catch rates. According to this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5eivsd/solving_for_heavy_ball_beldum/, it's possible and has been done, also the OP claims to have looked into the source code and found it to be possible, but with insanely low odds. There is also the log of this conversation between people known to be reliable: http://pastebin.com/y8WcgW2M. But really, I can't offer any certainty myself, these are the only proof I got that it's actually possible before I attempted to do it myself.

If you are sick of doing it, remember you are under no obligation to find it! ;)
YourKingSkeletor
YourKingSkeletor
At this point I'm doing it for myself. I never let a game beat me. Even Bloodborne was no match for my persistence. (Still giving you the original). Just had to check since Metalkids calculator said it wasn't possible. Since my PS Plus is out ATM thisll be my weekend. Lol
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
It's going to be a pretty amazing moment if you do end up getting it! Best of luck once again!