Smogon Forums

Inkblot
Inkblot
awesome, cool, thanks. that would really help with my rng abuse.
Inkblot
Inkblot
When do you think you will be able to finish writing it up? this issue is popping up quite a bit, and i'd like to figure out how to work with it before continuing with XD rng. I can wait if you need time though, as i have other rng projects i can work on in the mean time.
Lego
Lego
Some time in the next 24 hours. I'm not gonna make any promises on timing more exact than that, because i have a lot or irl stuff going on atm
Inkblot
Inkblot
no worries. do what you need to do.
Inkblot
Inkblot
Just wanted to check in on you and see how the guide is going. i am not trying to rush yah. i can wait longer if need be. just wanted to know how you are doing with it.
Lego
Lego
Ah shoot, sorry, I totally forgot about this. I'll finish it up now.
Inkblot
Inkblot
its cool man. no worries.
Lego
Lego
Heh, so I hit a roadblock and had to end up asking the RNGReporter dev about it, and he's making a script for me that'll allow me to work out what I need to know in order to properly answer your question. Sorry it's taking so long!
Inkblot
Inkblot
no problem! i can wait. take your time.
Inkblot
Inkblot
thanks for the detailed discription. i was able to rng the rest of the pokemon in cipher lab, so now i am gonna progress with the story till i get to shadow voltorb and ONBS, oh, i also wanted to show you this. when i was soft resting on the gamecube for shadow pokemon, i made a chart with all the stat ranges for all the shadow pokemon. it list the possible stats for min and max ivs, as well as for beneficial, neutral, and harmful natures. i don't think it would be much help to you, as you can check the pid of each pokemon to know what ivs it has, but i thought i would share in case you had a pokemon you didn't know. it could also be helpful to those who don't want to rng abuse XD https://www.dropbox.com/s/6myjpmxvad0sjtn/Shadow%20Pokemon%20Stats.odt?dl=0

there are some errors near the end, but overall it should had 99% of the shadow pokemon covered.
Lego
Lego
Oh, nice! I'll send it out to people who I find out are SRing Gales :)
Inkblot
Inkblot
i have a question. is there a way to determine what frame you are currently on without having to look at the pokemon generation. i don't mean the frame the shadow pokemon is generated on, but rather the frame the game is on when it starts generating the pokemon. i ask cause i still seem to be having the issue where my frames bounce all over the place, and i end up missing my target frame. i do the caculations to figure out the ranges between the upper and lower limit, but when i go to advance my frames, i sometimes get stuck on the lower limit. i have been checking the frame the first pokemon generates on, and sometimes i will hit my lower limit, but when i advance more, my frames jump around again, before advancing past my target frame. because the game will roll ahead to the nearest limit, i have a hard time figuring what frame the game starts generating from, so i can't figure out how many frames i actually need to advance before i get into the range where i hit my pokemon. it doesn't help too that for some of these the range at which i need to hit can be 10-100 frames, which makes it very easy to overshoot when advancing.
Lego
Lego
Inkblot
Inkblot
so i took a break from XD rng as i was getting really annoyed at not being able to hit the seed i wanted. i wanna try it again but this issue still really bugs me. RNG reporter crashed when i tried to use that tool you gave me, and from the looks of the application it doesn't seem that it would be able to tell me what i need. i wanted to ask if maybe there was a lua script or maybe a ram watch that would tell me what RNG frame i am on at any given time. just being able to see what my actual frame is would be a big help, as it would let me advance my frame as much as i would need.
Lego
Lego
Lua scripts don't work on dolphin, and the RAM watch for your PRNG state shows you exactly what RNG frame you're on- but the only thing that can predict the generation of the Pokemon is Fish's reporter (he fixed the Shadow Checker, so if you use this version then it'll work properly and shouldn't crash: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/02aqj9wcprom0xco/artifacts/RNGReporter.zip)
Beyond that I'm afraid, there's not really anything that can tell you exactly what you want to know.

You could possibly find the frame of a given seed that will give you your desired target (using the updated Shadow Checker in the latest version) and then use the XDRNG (Not XDRNGR) function in RNGReporter's researcher to find out exactly what PRNG frame you need to hit A on, I guess, but that's just an untested theory that I just came up with so no guarantees that it'll work.
Inkblot
Inkblot
when i search for the value in the PRNG state on my list of seeds, i don't find a match though.
Lego
Lego
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that?
Inkblot
Inkblot
i have a list of all the nature,iv and pid combinations like you have in your guide. when i copy the value in the PRNG state, and search for it on that list, i can't find the frame it matches up with.
Inkblot
Inkblot
ok, so i am using the rng reporter tool to check what frame i am on and i have found something on. i am hitting a frame that the rng reporter told me i shouldn't be able to hit. i was looking through the list of natures and what frames they land on, and i was keeping track of the natures so i could get an idea where i was at. however, i suddenly hit a nature and iv spread that didn't show up anywhere on the list of possible nature and iv combos i could hit. do you have any idea what this means?