Smogon Forums

FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
Right now you have to click on the box and choose one of the empty ones (why the hell do i see all of these btw https://puu.sh/wdoN1/2810ddc335.png). To add mons/sets u need to find them in the list of mons (this only becomes marginally easier by typing the name), and then click on the mon and then after that click the sprite in the top left corner to add it. Removing a mon is also a pain because u basically have to start over with a blank team and re-add everything, since you can't directly remove it. This is incredibly annoying and I really think a better system needs to be in place for this tool to be usable, I can't stand to use it because it is so frustrating.
FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
Personally I would say the adding/removing mons system and the display of threats system just needs to be way better, and the preset team options thing is really weird and not useful. The only useful thing you could get out of that compared to how it worked with your oras brmt would be some sort of side by side comparison version, so u can look at the strengths and weaknesses of variations of a build u are working on.
OrdA
OrdA
hey -- I'm working on an easier way to add / remove pokemon. For now, note that you can press enter after searching to add the first result. (Doesn't work for the second or third though.) Adding a mon that's already on the team will remove it, like in gen6, but I haven't put a non-button version of the team where you can easily click one to kick it out.

All I can ask is, be patient while I improve the interface. It's not finished yet, I just put it up because it's at a point where it's usable; and I figure people would rather have a gen7 compendium than the old UI for now.
OrdA
OrdA
gen6 selection should be fixed btw, thanks for reporting. I forgot to upload the file that adds the event listener, so selecting it didn't trigger anything inside the program.
OrdA
OrdA
re: https://puu.sh/wdoN1/2810ddc335.png
Those are some samples for testing, mostly. The idea is that eventually you'll be able to save teams to your cookies and load them up again.
The ugly red background signifies that the compendium doesn't cover this pokemon set. It's a placeholder until I put a better indicator.
Which browser are you using btw? That Alomomola / Chansey Button looks weird. It's supposed to be the same width as the others.
FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
safari, and sure take your time, I just wanted to let u know what I was having issues with. Thanks for the great work.
OrdA
OrdA
I uploaded a new version, let me know what you think.

When I get to it, the "add team members" page will get suggestions based on what is good against the list in "break it"
FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
The aesthetic is definitely much cleaner and the add team members thing seems like it would be useful. I still wish that when i'm typing a mon to add it it would give something a little more convenient than just making a few boxes green somewhere in that sea of mons, but this is definitely much improved.
OrdA
OrdA
Another update. (you might have to clear your cache by pressing Ctrl + F5.)

Added a dropdown menu to the Pokemon search.

- when a search term is entered, the other non-header elements will move
to the side, and the search results are shown as a list with images and
set names.
- uparrow / downarrow can be used to select a search result, and
pressing enter will add it to the team
- clicking on a result will have the same effect
FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
seems good. another improvement would be to get the team stuff cleaned up i guess.
OrdA
OrdA
by team stuff, you mean the load teams button? What are the problems with it, besides the popup not being pretty and having only examples? (until I get around to implement saving teams)
FlamingVictini
FlamingVictini
what u just said
OrdA
OrdA
new update, interested in what you think of the ui flow: http://hidden50.github.io/brmt

I can see it being a bit annoying, having to move the cursor to the top right to select the set the previous "Team" tab is accessible via the "+" button, for people who prefer adding pokemon with one click

The version sorted by species looks less messy, which I like, but it's two clicks, which may be less intuitive?

You can also see breakit and wallit by species via the "+" tab, if you want