Smogon Forums

Conni
Conni
I am a former yugioh player but I still have all my cards! hbu?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Used to play on DN before that died lol
Hulavuta
Conni
Conni
hey there! I never played on DN, I usually just play with the actual cards with my friends
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
nice
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
seems expensive
Conni
Conni
I'm pretty sure it is expensive now but as a kid I bought most of my YuGiOh cards in Thailand which were surprisingly cheap
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
were they chinese knockoffs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
when I was a kid, I didn't think fake cards were actually fake cards. I thought it was on purpose, like a promotion. Since in the anime they were doign the Marik arc where all the rare hunters had fake cards. I thought the real world fake cards were just supposed to be those lol
Conni
Conni
I hope they weren't. They looked pretty real to me as I compared it on the 2007-2008 internet and they looked similar enough. Truth be told I actually haven't watched the anime but if I was aware of the anime characters using fake cards on purpose then I would've probably thought the same. In the actual battling sense using fake cards that closely resemble the real ones wouldn't be too bad bar if they are overpowered
Conni
Conni
but having fake cards would be bad in a collector's sense because who would want fake cards in that context
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Fake cards were usually REALLY easy to spot. I mean, there's the obvious fact that they can't use the copyright disclaimer and official logo

but even aside from that all the formatting was wrong too, like there would be a separate box for attack and defense rather than have it under the description, the names would be wrong, etc.