Smogon Forums

Ryota Mitarai
Ryota Mitarai
You know it went downhill when they started doing 13 episodes per season
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
I vaguely remember watching Ridonculous Race lmao and I remember it was NOWHERE near as good as TDI/TDA/TDWT
Finchinator
Finchinator
the first three seasons always will be the best
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
Exactly - All Stars just sucked
Finchinator
Finchinator
yea that season bored me
Ryota Mitarai
Ryota Mitarai
Scott and Courtney were kind of forced tbh, there was nothing that really made them a couple.
Finchinator
Finchinator
free original courtney and duncan, gwen and trent
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
Yeah, those two ships were SO good! I don't know WHY the producers of Total Drama decided to break them up >:( I loved both ships and I hated how Duncan cheated on Courtney...
Finchinator
Finchinator
i kinda got why they broke them up, but i wish they didn't at the same time
Ryota Mitarai
Ryota Mitarai
I mean they literally reunited Courtney and Gwen in All Stars only 5 seconds later to break them up again, producers don't seem to know which friendships are liked.
Finchinator
Finchinator
a big issue w later seasons is they strayed from what was popular. the second and third seasons touched on public perception-based desires well, the rest did not. that's when the quality and enjoyability of the seasons dropped tbh
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
Yeah... ugh, the first three seasons were the best... Gwen and Courtney's friendship was nice and I hate how they broke it up like that :x
Finchinator
Finchinator
yea i wish they split the drama up more evenly and not in that direction as much
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
Yup - Gwen, Courtney, Duncan, Heather, and Alejandro were kinda screen hoggers... mainly the first three and their lil love triangle stuff... I also don't like the direction they took with Trent and how they mutated Ezekiel like that
Finchinator
Finchinator
indiff to ezekiel, but i also wish trent got a diff role after s1. kinda liked trent + gwen and court + duncan, but they had other plans :/
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
Yeah, Trent just went all crazy and obsessed with Gwen and the number 9, which I didn't like. I actually used to LIKE Trent but after that... nope!
Finchinator
Finchinator
trent was one of my favorites as the f irst season went on, but then lost me with time, yea. i wish they wrote the character differently from then on, but they didn't want him to be one of the more popular dudes so they phased him out with nonsense
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
I don't get how he could get so obsessed w/ the number 9 so fast, especially because the start of Total Drama Action was only like, a few days after Total Drama Island... It just didn't make sense to me honestly
Finchinator
Finchinator
yea it made no sense. their timeline and logic annoyed me. i wish they eased off and at least made it progressive as opposed to sudden
Awesome96Birdy
Awesome96Birdy
Exactly! He was PERFECTLY normal then all of a sudden he went crazy!