Smogon Forums

Immortal
Immortal
Oh really? That's cool, well you definitely have some exposure to them. I gotta say it's kinda crazy to go play an old game you used to play for the first time in a long time or a website like this and re-connect with people (like this).
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Lol heck yeah man, 7 years on this site. lots of nostalgia haha. and you can always keep coming back to it too. I still remember battling in BABA at 16 years old haha
Immortal
Immortal
Yeah for sure, haha I remember getting an invite to BABA right after I joined, fun times
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Every single new user did, so there were over 1000 members though only maybe like 50 of us were active aha
Immortal
Immortal
Yeah I know haha. I know there were millions of issues with that format but it was cool to have that many active people
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah. If like only 1% of the users were active then that is a pretty sizable amount. Though looking back it is pretty crazy how disconnected that was from the rest of Smogon
Immortal
Immortal
Well I finally ended up getting Shield... graphics are pretty cool and stuff. The gigamax mechanic is dumb but still having fun so far
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah this game is a lot of fun! Still disappointed about the Pokemon cut but man the gyms are just awesome and a ton of fun. Love the energy in them. Still have not beat the game yet, I have all the badges tho
Immortal
Immortal
Oh nice, I'm 3 gyms in at this point, enjoying it more than I thought I would. Most of the pokemon I wanted for my team when I was looking at which ones are in the game only seem to be available in the very late -game/post-game though but oh well
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Haha. I ended up using an early game Wobbuffet that I used as filler as one of my main guys. Most of the Pokemon I wanted you get pretty early. What were you thinking of using that you couldn't get?
Immortal
Immortal
Well my team I've been having success with on PS is Tyranitar, Excadrill, Dragapult, Clefable, Ferrothorn and Corsola-Galar. I have Exca and Ferro at the moment but it sounds like I need to be further into the game for the others
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
oh I thought you meant your story team haha.

as for competitive teams, I don't feel like rebreeding everything since I don't have quite as much time on my hands these days, so I plan to go rental teams only haha. That was such a great addition feature
Immortal
Immortal
Oh yeah that is a pretty cool feature! Hh my story team is solid but what I will probably do is breed everything I want for my competitive team post game, trade them to someone and then make a new play through with them
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Oh, so you can do a playthrough with competitive mons?
Immortal
Immortal
Yeah, I feel like that is a more fun way to train up a competitive team anyway... Caught a larvitar yesterday so that's good... I also tried out a similar team but with ferro and corsola swapped for rotom h and seismitoad which would probably be a bit more fun for a playthrough. Mostly I just need to do the max raids for a really high IV ditto or two
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
But you won't get the right EVs you need right? OR are you just gonna reset them later?
Immortal
Immortal
Well in previous games I used super training but I think the university thing might work? Worst case is I reset them later I suppose... Just beat the game so I'll have to get to work and figure it out I guess... lots of catching and breeding to do first though
Immortal
Immortal
I have a bunch of 5 IV timid dreepys now if you want one
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Dude sweet! I should have time to play against starting this Thursday.
Immortal
Immortal
I was able to catch two dittos with four 31 iv stats so breeding is in full swing haha, I have drilburs now too