Smogon Forums

Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
okay, thanks! I somehow reached 1514*breaths heavily*, and CB ferro decreased a lot!
Do you know a tip to maintain high-ladders?
Ruft
Ruft
https://pokepast.es/516c3f116628c848
Conk should be something like this. You could change the fourth move to any of Close Combat, Thunder Punch or Facade. Experience using it on your team should point out what's best for you.
Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
thanks for the conk set! If I am going to replace it, what should I replace?
Ruft
Ruft
A pretty general tip is to take your time thinking about your plays, don't worry about dropping in rank too much and take a break if you feel frustrated. Good luck! :blobthumbsup:
Ruft
Ruft
I think I'd replace Mimikyu. If not that then probably Dracovish.
Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
thank you so much. I might as well be your apprentice ;-;
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!!!!!!!!!!! OMG ;-; (I'm so happy, I mean it)
Ruft
Ruft
You're welcome! I'm glad you've made it to the 1500s already, that's a very decent ranking. Don't sweat it too much if you drop a bit again though, it happens to the best of us.
Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
I know that this post has became extremely long, but can you teach me the benifits of removing vish and mimikyu for conk?
Also congrats for the pre-contributor! ;-; (tears of happiness)
Ruft
Ruft
Just process of elimination really. You obviously need Ribombee for Sticky Web and I personally believe that Bisharp and Excadrill are near essential on webs since Bisharp dissuades Defog and Rapid Spin is the only form of hazard removal that doesn't remove your own.
Ruft
Ruft
Meanwhile, Toxtricity is your only special attacker (outside of Ribombee which shouldn't really count since it has a very hard time breaking) meaning you'd have a hard time getting past physical walls if you replaced it with Conkeldurr. That leaves us with Mimikyu and Dracovish.
Ruft
Ruft
And thank you! :blobuwu:
Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
also, can you please help make an RMT? (Just asking.) Or am I even allowed to make and RMT? Thank you.
Ruft
Ruft
Take a look here. Anyone is allowed to make one, just make sure you've read the rules. Follow the guidelines and you'll be fine. :blobthumbsup:
Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
I chose to remove dracovish due to the fact that If mimikyu is removed, this team will have a hard time against dragapult and conkeldurr (unless conk moves first.)
I'm using my sub acc to test the conk set, thanks!
Ruft
Ruft
That makes a lot of sense actually, good thinking. Mimikyu also functions as your spinblocker which slipped my mind honestly. :bloblul:
Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
hmm, for the laddering ablve 1500s, should I use conk, or stick with vish? (if you can't choose, can you please list the pros and cons of both of them?)
Remi the mimikyu user
Remi the mimikyu user
Ruft
Ruft
I'll quickly list some pros and cons of Conk and Vish before I go to bed:
Conkeldurr
Pros:
- Fighting-type is good since a lot of common threats are weak to it like Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Bisharp and Tyranitar
- Strong priority in Mach Punch
- Recovery in Drain Punch
- Status absorption
Cons:
- Slow
- Can have trouble with Fairy- and Ghost-types like Clefable, Togekiss, Hatterene and Dragapult
Ruft
Ruft
Dracovish
Pros:
- Immense breaking power in Fishious Rend
- Great coverage
- Decent defensive typing offering quad resists to both Fire and Water
- Bit faster than Conk
Cons:
- Seismitoad is very common and dissuades it from using Fishious Rend which can make it awkward to use
- Doesn't handle status well
Ruft
Ruft
Both are very solid choices so it's up to you.