Smogon Forums

Suspicious Derivative
Suspicious Derivative
I have a lot of unpopular opinions about HG/SS, the fact that I didn't like them in general is one of the biggest ones. And I have no issues with stating my opinions about anything related to Pokémon even if it is considered very unpopular, the fandom or the popular opinion does not decide my opinion on anything.
(I think this is what you were saying, sorry if I got the wrong understanding of the word "based", lol)
Yung Dramps
Yung Dramps
yeah, im fine with and even kinda applaud you for saying hgss sucks lel, truth be told i haven't played them myself, but there's a lot of issues with them as a 3rd party observer (level curve, shitty boss fights, Johto's relative lack of an identity other than being a Kanto sequel, etc.) that ultimately made me order Platinum instead when I made the choice to revisit one of the older DS-era games I skipped out on
Suspicious Derivative
Suspicious Derivative
You definitely made the right choice in getting Platinum since it is better than HG/SS in practically every single way. HG/SS have all of the issues you mentioned plus a ton more, they are my least favorite games in the whole series for a good reason.