Smogon Forums

earl
earl
Dude absolutely phenomenal game, easy top 3 of mine, #1 depending on the day. HMU on discord about it sometime I’d love to hear ur thoughts on it
cityscapes
cityscapes
ight i just finished my second (pain mode) playthrough as well as joyful so i think i'll take you up on that offer. you can pm me (sent you a friend request#3945) or tell me your @ cause i cant find you
Martin
Martin
U two being gamer buddies is the ideal timeline
tondas
tondas
just came to say i recruited ollie and put him on my team just to lose him to the permakill joy mutant blocking your path on the way back
tondas
tondas
by the time i did my third playthrough for 1 arm + joyless on normal difficulty i figured out that oil/fire spam + fly is broken, did the satan fight without taking damage and without items. first time in a while a game has made me cry and it was worth the 40-ish hours to 100% both painful and joyful
earl
earl
Everyone hypes up oil+fire, just stack burn+poison+bleed for 20% flat damage each turn. Every enemy even satan dead in 5 turns max
tondas
tondas
yeah you can still do that with fly and mad dog,, on my first playthrough i held on to olan (my heart was not ready to let him go so thank god he stayed till the end) and he had poison+bleed arrows so i used him and kept firebombs on me as well
cityscapes
cityscapes
yeah really just status spam in general and youre fine. ollie and carp were always really solid for me although joy addiction on ur guys is never fun
cityscapes
cityscapes
1 thing ive been wondering about for a while is whether its possible to softlock yourself by having 3 of your guys die to charmy, letting terry go, then when you get percy going back to punkert and losing all your other guys to him, then not having anyone for russian roulette. not sure if thats how it works though and also sounds like a huge hassle
earl
earl
Can you backtrack from Percy to punkert?
tondas
tondas
yeah nothing's stopping you, you're still a boss fight away from buzzo's first ultimatum
earl
earl
This old comment has become the secret smogon Lisa chat
tondas
tondas

pull up