13p Matrix 14 (No Multiball) Game Thread [GAME OVER]

Time to get to work. It would be nicer to have another 24 hours Nuxl because i really only have like 3 hours a day to actually play this game because i work pretty much every day lol (yeah i've been busy but i dont feel the need to draw attention to myself weird flexing about gfs or whatever) I don't want to delve too much on the obvious but I mean I probably would've and should've just died there if clarinet claimed. so thanks i guess.

at this point i used my shower to think and i think that i need to change my strategy. i can't fight against those who don't give me a means to defend so i have to focus on my game and use my unique position in the game (ie i know my alignment so i know for a fact it was town v town) to attempt to progress the game state.

I think the DS kill was definitely a name kill vs any sort of defining opinion/great play kill. im not in the 451 gang so i dont know for sure everyones relation with others but i do feel confident putting someone on the mafia who thinks highly of ds, say m2h. this is relevant to me because my nk pick was ap.

then thinking about where i was at yesterday, i gotta push up m2h and move down texas. i get that texas doesn't respect me (lol imagine that concept about an entirely non competitive game) but i dont really understand his need to be an asshole to me, about me, etc. i didn't even say anything invalid?! i mean i would hope someone would agree that his justification for dusk being scum sucked donkey balls and it was only when that got no traction that he switched to me, the convient target. but i don't actually think he's mafia anymore even with his reaction; i think his reaction is just borne from who he is - a weird fucking dude i just don't understand. if i get the time i gotta find block him for this game so i don't waste my time thinking about him. eek.

but yeah, back to yesterday for real, I don't think he can be mafia because there's no real net gain for swapping the lynch onto me. it is and should entirely inconsequential - the mafia wants the lynch on clarinet so they can be saved the night kill. there's no incentive to save clarinet especially at the last minute. this technically would also seem to clear hal, but i'm actually still fairly wary about him (vs me thinking him mostly town yesterday). i think part of that is my own personal frustration but i guess i will just leave it as me being cautious about him.

I don't think Heal is mafia because he could've just done nothing to get the clarinet vote to happen.

Prime suspect then becomes M2h. He's given 0 justification for wanting to vote me (lol...) but what really gets me is his part in swapping the vote yesterday. If I give hal and texas credit for starting the vote move, then i have m2h as the guy in the shadows who's really not pushing anyone and content with whatever. he declined to opine about clarinet's alignment after he claimed (why not?) and generally refused to take any hard stances towards anyone. a lot of "idk" and indecision in the crucial moments leading up to the deadline. for me that's very consistent with someone who's ok with either lynch because they are mafia and they don't really care.

As far as inactives go, I think it's most likely to be fenrir. Very stilted posting sty;e, really saying nothing of importance. Put in too much effort to be uninterested town and too little effort to be idle town. I would imagine at least 1 person who wasn't on either vote is mafia (so 1 of tbz and fenrir).

apricity/jalmont/+1?

he declined to opine about clarinet's alignment after he claimed (why not?) and generally refused to take any hard stances towards anyone. a lot of "idk" and indecision in the crucial moments leading up to the deadline. for me that's very consistent with someone who's ok with either lynch because they are mafia and they don't really care.
This is just not true at all. I continued to scum read clarinet because I know that clarinet softs as both alignments and as town when he isn't a pr. If clarinet is dying he's just always going to make a spectacle of it and in general do anything to survive. Ig i am kinda indecisive, but then again I had a pool of votes that I was relatively okay. I'm not really familiar enough with yours or really anybody's meta outside of like hannah or doggo to give an explanation for why I have certain reads but that doesn't change the fact that I'm town.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ohokay got it. Uhh I think Jal is still scum here tbqh. I think earlie rin the thread Doggo said that he noticed something about softing pr and still lynched Clarinet just to "avoid M2H and Hannah" being on the same lynch as him?
I did not say clarinet was softing pr, think that was dusk.

Sorry for lynching Clarinet, I just thought the odds of him being scum was higher than jalmont because I don't trust m2h and hannah.

Right now I'm really torn between whether I should just slink away and join my town reads' wagons or if I should just push even harder against my scum reads because I had no traction against my scum reads last time.

Really still kinda wtf'd on Hannah with everything and anything she says about me, despite almost everyone else very much disagreeing with her. She's the person who seems to have been agenda pushing the most this game.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Also, I know it was near the end of the thread but with 9 minutes left I asked you guys why you switched to jalmont and no one bothered to give me an answer :c

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I think the DS kill was definitely a name kill vs any sort of defining opinion/great play kill. im not in the 451 gang so i dont know for sure everyones relation with others but i do feel confident putting someone on the mafia who thinks highly of ds, say m2h. this is relevant to me because my nk pick was ap.
Maybe I'm completely misreading this but my honest vibe is that a lot of the 451 gang actually uhhh don't like DS. After a game where m2h modkilled DS, DS quit 451. There's a bit more nuance than that, but I wouldn't necessarily buy any argument that m2h would kill DS for a name kill. Hannah might though. Didn't get to see Dusk and DS interact enough to know how they feel about each other.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
If I were scum, the main reason I'd want to kill DS in this situation would probably be because I'd know they were town and that they were largely absent but still posting and would think that there's a decent chance for some towny in that posting category to be a PR. Most of the games I've seen have town PR try to occupy one of those lower posting volume positions, so I don't think it was name hunting, I think it was PR hunting. Maybe this is a bit of a results oriented explanation but bleh, I don't think the 451s thought he was some sort of god player.

apricity/jalmont/+1?

This is just not true at all. I continued to scum read clarinet because I know that clarinet softs as both alignments and as town when he isn't a pr. If clarinet is dying he's just always going to make a spectacle of it and in general do anything to survive. Ig i am kinda indecisive, but then again I had a pool of votes that I was relatively okay. I'm not really familiar enough with yours or really anybody's meta outside of like hannah or doggo to give an explanation for why I have certain reads but that doesn't change the fact that I'm town.
you scumread clarinet but didn't feel strong enough to vote him at any point. as late as sunday evening for me you had clarinet as "vaguely towny". and you really only changed because a wagon was formed, as far as I can tell.

you can't say you "scumread" clarinet because nothing you said indicated that you legitimately scumread him, more that he was a lynch you were ok with. i'm not saying it's wrong to constantly hedge but on the whole you avoided taking a strong stance on him or me. you didn't have a clear preference one way or the other and only participated in the vote change because that's where your vote had been the whole time.

Also, I know it was near the end of the thread but with 9 minutes left I asked you guys why you switched to jalmont and no one bothered to give me an answer :c
FAX. thank god someone else recognizes it. 3 of the votes were essentially baseless and 1 had pretty bad reasoning (apparently i'd be more critical and argument driven as mafia a role where you want to avoid attention???????????)

Maybe I'm completely misreading this but my honest vibe is that a lot of the 451 gang actually uhhh don't like DS. After a game where m2h modkilled DS, DS quit 451. There's a bit more nuance than that, but I wouldn't necessarily buy any argument that m2h would kill DS for a name kill. Hannah might though. Didn't get to see Dusk and DS interact enough to know how they feel about each other.
interesting. i don't think a negative interaction like that would affect one's opinion on the strength and value of a player. i don't have to like DLE to think that he's good at mafia and decide that he's a good nightkill in a game where no one comes across super strongly. m2h in the past has spoken highly of DS and has tried to get him (her? i thought ds was a girl but idk) to join these games often which is nothing else suggests m2h likes playing with ds. so i would tend to think that people who know ds have a ++ opinion of them as a player.

FAX. thank god someone else recognizes it. 3 of the votes were essentially baseless and 1 had pretty bad reasoning (apparently i'd be more critical and argument driven as mafia a role where you want to avoid attention???????????)
i'm so sick of the idea that you have to tell someone why you're scumreading them

what's going to happen, you're going to convince someone who drew scum that they are scum? they'll just go "oh no this is good logic i guess you're right i should be lynched"

I’m actually going to have to effort woo

for one I wish there was a way to react to posts with a ? Because half of what tommy said doesn’t make sense in my head. For one saying hal has no reason to lynch tommy only seems like a convenient excuse to omgus because anyone has reason to lynch anyone atp considering yesterday’s lynch

granted I don’t think tommy or Hal is scum atp and I’m also just bad at mafia so forgive me for doing anything

LYNCH MOODYCLOUD

but I think I agree with this

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
Votecount 2.1:

MoodyCloud(2) - Energy, Thunder~BALLZ
Jalmont(1) - Texas Cloverleaf
apricity(1) - Duskfall98
MewtwoHidden(1) - apricity

Deadline in 43 hours, 43 minutes. :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)