Iron Crown @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 216 HP / 24 Def / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Tachyon Cutter
- Stored Power / Psyshock

Iron Crown slices and powers its way through SV 1v1! Using both Iron Defense and Calm Mind, Iron Crown is able to tank super effective hits from hard hitters like Choice Band Great Tusk, Ursaluna-B, and boosted Archaludon, allowing for its Weakness Policy to activate to supercharge its attacks. Tachyon Cutter not only slices through most Pokemon that don't resist it, but it also works as a way to break Sturdy on Pokemon such as Hisuian Avalugg and Donphan. Finally, with Stored Power, it can burst through foes that activate its Weakness Policy or allow it to set up, letting it take down Pokemon such as Pecharunt and Bellibolt. Alternatively, Psyshock helps in the Encore + Disable Iron Valiant matchup and beat opposing Calm Mind users like Primarina, though it can be slightly unreliable due to Torrent. Iron Crown can struggle to deal with Steel-types such as Metagross, Hisuian Goodra, and Kingambit, so having teammates like Ogerpon-H, Volcanion, and Iron Hands can help to deal with them. Iron Crown doesn't fare well versus faster Pokemon such as Ogerpon-H, Darkrai, and Iron Moth that threaten OHKOs against it, so having teammates like Regidrago, Gouging Fire, and Ursaluna can discourage their uses.

Last edited by a moderator:

bern

professional 1v1 fraud
is a Social Media Contributor
trial qc 1/2, remove the drop
ping gp when edited
add
remove (RC = remove comma)
(comment)

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Tachyon Cutter

Iron Crown slices and powers it's way through SV 1v1! Using both Iron Defense and Calm Mind, Iron Crown is able to tank super effective hits from hard hitters like Choice Band Great Tusk and non-Choice Specs/Life Orb Volcanion Arcanine-H and Choice Specs Kyurem after a single boost, in turn allowing for its Weakness Policy to activate to supercharge it's attacks. Tachyon Cutter not only slices through most pokemon that don't resist it but it also works as a way to break Sturdy on Pokemon such as Avalugg-H and Donphan,(RC) and also allowing Iron Crown to hit Dark-types such as Hoopa-U and Meowscarada. Finally, with Stored Power it can burst through foes who active it's Weakness Policy or allow it to set-up with either Iron Defense or Calm Mind letting it take down Pokemon such as Primarina,(RC) Gouging Fire, and Ursaluna, while Psyshock helps in the Iron Valiant matchup and beat opposing Calm Mind users like Raging Bolt. Iron Crown can struggle to deal with Steel-types such as opposing Iron Crown, Metagross, and Goodra-H as they resist both of its STABs, so having teammates like Ogerpon-H, Choice Specs (i don't get specs being mentioned here) Volcanion, or Iron Valiant can help to deal with them. As well, Iron Crown doesn't fair well vs. faster Pokemon such as Ogerpon-H, Darkrai, and Iron Valiant Iron Moth who either threaten OHKOS against it or stall it out, so having teammates like Azumarill, Sylveon, and Skeledirge can discourage their uses.

Last edited:
gonna check through this in a little, I think it’s relatively fine as a spotlight so I don’t think you really need to drop it if that’s where the problem comes from Hiusi guy, but if you want to drop it still I’m not going to stop you- just up to you—

Hey there, sorry for the delay. all notes will be bolded in purple.

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Tachyon Cutter

Iron Crown slices and powers it's way through SV 1v1! Using both Iron Defense and Calm Mind, Iron Crown is able to tank super effective hits from hard hitters like Choice Band Great Tusk, Arcanine-H (252+ Atk Arcanine-Hisui Flare Blitz vs. 216 HP / 24 Def Iron Crown: 386-456 (102.9 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO, Arcanine-H can run Choice Scarf sets pretty easily.), and Choice Specs Kyurem (the boost doesn't matter for Kyurem, given 16 SpA Iron Crown Tachyon Cutter (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem: 280-336 (71.6 - 85.9%) -- approx. 2HKO and 252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Focus Blast vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Iron Crown: 184-217 (49 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO with Iron Crown outspeeding Kyurem. I'd suggest finding another example here if you can.) after a single boost, in turn allowing for its Weakness Policy to activate to supercharge it's attacks. Tachyon Cutter not only slices through most pokemon that don't resist it but it also works as a way to break Sturdy on Pokemon such as Avalugg-H and Donphan. Finally, with Stored Power it can burst through foes who active it's Weakness Policy or allow it to set-up with either Iron Defense or Calm Mind letting it take down Pokemon such as Primarina (Primarina is a bit weird because +6 16 SpA Iron Crown Stored Power (260 BP) vs. +6 188 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 297-349 (85.3 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO, while +6 252+ SpA Torrent Primarina Hydro Cannon vs. +6 216 HP / 0 SpD Iron Crown: 370-436 (98.6 - 116.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO, making this at least a little bit unreliable because of the Torrent boost and Endure Custap) and Ursaluna, (Unsure if this is too much or smth, but just wanted to note that max adamant band Ursaluna Headlong has a 25% chance of just dropping Iron Crown and Guts sets can run SD or Bulk Up, so this isn't the most reliable either) while Psyshock helps in the Iron Valiant matchup and beat opposing Calm Mind users like Raging Bolt. (This is where I'd put Primarina. Also against SpA Booster Raging Bolt, you end up in situations where Thunderbolt enough times leads to a Thunderclap KO before Iron Crown can KO back with Psyshock, so that's another thing here...) Iron Crown can struggle to deal with Steel-types such as opposing Iron Crown (Iron Crown vs Iron Crown is a 50/50, if you have specific sets in mind though, you should list them here), Metagross, and Goodra-H as they resist both of its STABs, so having teammates like Ogerpon-H, Volcanion, or Iron Valiant (Valiant can potentially lose to all three Pokemon here) can help to deal with them. As well, Iron Crown doesn't fair well vs. faster Pokemon such as Ogerpon-H, Darkrai, and Iron Moth who threaten OHKOS against it, so having teammates like Azumarill, Sylveon, and Skeledirge can discourage their uses.

I'll take another look at this after you make the changes. Please ping me once you are done.

Edit: also the EV spread is to bulk Archaludon Electro Shot into Dark Pulse, so that's smth you can use.

I apologise for my earlier post here. While I disagree with you taking this by principle, the result could’ve been a lot worse. Sorry about the harsh and aggressive tone in the other post, I wasn’t trying to offend your capabilities, rather question why you took this with your fairly minimal presence in the tier.

bern

professional 1v1 fraud
is a Social Media Contributor
Iron Crown doesn't fair well vs. faster Pokemon such as Ogerpon-H, Darkrai, and Iron Moth who threaten OHKOS against it, so having teammates like Azumarill, Sylveon, and Skeledirge can discourage their uses.
change here for Regidrago, Gouging Fire and Ursaluna, since azu loses to ogerpon, sylv loses to ogerpon and moth, and dirge loses to darkrai.

outside of that it's pretty good, wait for lumii tho cuz i'm still on trial, QC 1/1 probably

Calm Mind users like Primarina
(Primarina is a bit weird because +6 16 SpA Iron Crown Stored Power (260 BP) vs. +6 188 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 297-349 (85.3 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO, while +6 252+ SpA Torrent Primarina Hydro Cannon vs. +6 216 HP / 0 SpD Iron Crown: 370-436 (98.6 - 116.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO, making this at least a little bit unreliable because of the Torrent boost and Endure Custap)
I'd just explain how it helps in the Iron Valiant matchup cause that's probably a bit counterintuitive.

I think that's all I've got tho

Marnie

Leap of Faith
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
Social Media Head
Add
Remove
Comments

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Tachyon Cutter

Iron Crown slices and powers it's its way through SV 1v1! Using both Iron Defense and Calm Mind, Iron Crown is able to tank super effective hits from hard hitters like Choice Band Great Tusk, Ursaluna-B, and boosted Archaludon, (ac) after a single boost, in turn allowing for its Weakness Policy to activate to supercharge it's its attacks. Tachyon Cutter not only slices through most pokemon Pokemon that don't resist it, (ac) but it also works as a way to break Sturdy on Pokemon such as Avalugg-H Hisuian Avalugg and Donphan. Finally, with Stored Power, (ac) it can burst through foes who active it's that activate its Weakness Policy or allow it to set-up with set up, (ac) either Iron Defense or Calm Mind letting it take down Pokemon such as Pecharunt and Bellibolt, while (seperated into 2 sentences since it's getting too long) Bellibolt. Alternatively, Psyshock helps in the EncoreDisable Encore + Disable Iron Valiant matchup, (rc) due to unboosted Stored Power being weak, (rc) and help beat opposing Calm Mind users like Primarina, being a bit though it can be slightly unreliable due to Torrent. Iron Crown can struggle to deal with Steel-types such as Metagross, Hisuian Goodra Goodra-H, and Kingambit, (ac) as they resist both of its STABs, so having teammates like Ogerpon-H, Volcanion, or and Iron Hands can help to deal with them. As well, Iron Crown doesn't fair fare well vs. versus faster Pokemon such as Ogerpon-H, Darkrai, and Iron Moth who that threaten OHKOS OHKOs against it, so having teammates like Regidrago, Gouging Fire, and Ursaluna can discourage their uses.
Cutting some words down since it's slightly above the 1k character limit. I've implemented the GP check myself onto the OP as well since this goes out soon.
GP Team done
royalfluxh_gp.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)