Tournament 1v1 Old Gens Premier League I - Finals - Won by Sootopolis Snorlaxes

Art by Swiffix

Rules:

On Deadline & Match Completion

All players must complete their matches by Sunday 16th of April 23:59 PM EST. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, the game will be dead. NO Extensions will be granted.

On Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription.

Matchups:
All games are Bo5 unless written otherwise.

:xy/snorlax: Sootopolis City Snorlaxes (4) vs. (4) Wooloo Warriors :xy/wooloo:

SS Bo7: Potatochan vs. Justdelemon
SS: gorilaa vs. XanderUrBoi
SM Bo7: Close vs. frostyicelad
SM: DezShizzels vs. Baleblaze
ORAS: LittEleven vs. XSTATIC COLD
BW: Kaif vs. Akeras
DPP: Euphonos vs. stravench
ADV: Opchurtle100 vs. Eeveekid10

DPP: Euphonos vs. Stravench
ADV: Opchurtle100 vs. Eeveekid10

Last edited by a moderator:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Celebrating my 1,600th post with this match card.

< with Euphonos winning over stravench in Week 3 of Old Gens Premier League >

Euphonos: I'd like to say stravench is not someone you mess with in the DPP 1v1 metagame. Trust me.

< stravench bouncing back after the Week 3 loss >

Commentator: stravench with an impressive bounce back victory over Chris32156!

Commentator: Here comes stravench coming in over Joker 1v1 in the DPP department... what a thrilling victory against Blurmpt! And now the Wooloo Warriors advance to the Semifinal Round!

stravench: I wished for the Wooloo Warriors to advance to the Finals. I want to battle the legend himself once more.

Commentator: There goes stravench pulling off another impressive victory against Chris32156!

Commentator: Akeras's thrilling win over lancert has brought the Wooloo Warriors to the Final Round of 1v1's Old Generations Premier League! They will eventually face the Sootopolis City Snorlaxes!

Euphonos: I have witnessed stravench grow as one of the most amazing DPP players in this league. I am definitely proud of my protégé taking off in the tournament despite only having one loss on his record. I'm very sure he will prepare against the person who handed him the only one loss: his mentor, who happens to be his fellow compatriot: me.

DEG: I have never seen someone as dominant in one generation as Euphonos!

LRXC: Since the beginning of 1v1 Classic V, Euphonos has never dropped a single DPP match. Even when he lost the entire Finals match against Jamez, he still won that DPP set; that's insane!

DripLegend: I think it's really insane that Euphonos has not had an unsuccessful lure in this entire tour!

Euphonos: Apparently, our manager wanted to bring stravench to our side, until he was deemed too expensive and ended up being in the Wooloo Warriors; so I guess it was a blessing in disguise when stravench and I didn't end up being teammates; as such, when he got assigned to play the meta that I am in, he really did well.

stravench: I would've started elsewhere if Euphonos and I ended up being teammates, since he's the most proficient player in the DPP pool. Thought I would start as an ORAS player; boy was I wrong. Though, I am thankful that Euphonos introduced me to this rather forsaken metagame, and I wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for his guidance. Now that I'm facing him again, this time in the Finals, I really wanted to win this game real bad. I want to hand over the legend's first loss in this tournament!

Euphonos: You almost got me in our first meeting, not going to lie to you. I enjoyed that match the most; though I do believe you still have a lot to learn. Hope you prepare real well this time.

Lumii: I find the BW 1v1 metagame being unquestionably bad this tournament; it has becoming lowkey really stale and boring and it's straight-up terrible to watch--

DezShizzels: That's the DPP metagame as well if it weren't for Euphonos and stravench on the field.

DEG: I agree there that the DPP metagame would've been solved without their presence; you can't go wrong running the same five Pokemon!

DezShizzels: These Filipinos have revolutionized the modern DPP 1v1 metagame as they are today!

euphvstravench.png

Hehe. Hope you guys watch this much hyped DPP match of the season [so far]!

glitched

formerly bored_glitch
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator

Euphonos: I'd like to say stravench is not someone you mess with in the DPP 1v1 metagame. Trust me.

Commentator: Here comes stravench coming in over Joker 1v1 in the DPP department... what a thrilling victory against Blurmpt! And now the Wooloo Warriors advance to the Semifinal Round!

stravench: I wished for the Wooloo Warriors to advance to the Finals. I want to battle the legend himself once more.

Commentator: There goes stravench pulling off another impressive victory against Chris32156!

Commentator: Akeras's thrilling win over lancert has brought the Wooloo Warriors to the Final Round of 1v1's Old Generations Premier League! They will eventually face the Sootopolis City Snorlaxes!

Euphonos: I have witnessed stravench grow as one of the most amazing DPP players in this league. I am definitely proud of my protégé taking off in the tournament despite only having one loss on his record. I'm very sure he will prepare against the person who handed him the only one loss: his mentor, who happens to be his fellow compatriot: me.

LRXC: Since the beginning of 1v1 Classic V, Euphonos has never dropped a single DPP match. Even when he lost the entire Finals match against Jamez, he still won that DPP set; that's insane!

DripLegend: I think it's really insane that Euphonos has not had an unsuccessful lure in this entire tour!

Euphonos: Apparently, our manager wanted to bring stravench to our side, until he was deemed too expensive and ended up being in the Wooloo Warriors; so I guess it was a blessing in disguise when stravench and I didn't end up being teammates; as such, when he got assigned to play the meta that I am in, he really did well.

stravench: I would've started elsewhere if Euphonos and I ended up being teammates, since he's the most proficient player in the DPP pool. Thought I would start as an ORAS player; boy was I wrong. Though, I am thankful that Euphonos introduced me to this rather forsaken metagame, and I wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for his guidance. Now that I'm facing him again, this time in the Finals, I really wanted to win this game real bad. I want to hand over the legend's first loss in this tournament!

Euphonos: You almost got me in our first meeting, not going to lie to you. I enjoyed that match the most; though I do believe you still have a lot to learn. Hope you prepare real well this time.

Lumii: I find the BW 1v1 metagame being unquestionably bad this tournament; it has becoming lowkey really stale and boring and it's straight-up terrible to watch--

DezShizzels: That's the DPP metagame as well if it weren't for Euphonos and stravench on the field.

DEG: I agree there that the DPP metagame would've been solved without their presence; you can't go wrong running the same five Pokemon!

DezShizzels: These Filipinos have revolutionized the modern DPP 1v1 metagame as they are today!

what

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator

Can this be final destination Ninetales only DEG edit: also no items thx for reminding me smely

Last edited:

bo_bobson27

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
based midweek predicts bc no one did them
Sootopolis City Snorlaxes (4) vs. (4) Wooloo Warriors
SS Bo7: Potatochan vs. Justdelemon scarf darm 4 times
i think delemon is burnt out
SS: gorilaa vs. XanderUrBoi my man xander
xander is on his game rn
SM Bo7: Close vs. frostyicelad one way match up
close is objectively better, but this has not been his tour so idk
2. Baleblaze is washed in 2023 don't ruin the legacy (155 votes)
51%
ORAS: LittEleven vs. XSTATIC COLD part 3
litt has pstd now
BW: Kaif vs. Akeras idk
We randomly picked: akeras
DPP: Euphonos vs. Stravench i have to bold the dpp master
highlight match can go either way
ADV: Opchurtle100 vs. Eeveekid10 idk
foodies gets subbed again

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
DPP: Euphonos vs. Stravench
ADV: Opchurtle100 vs. Eeveekid10-?

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
won in 5 vs xstatic cold
the ptsd is over, unclean series but im not one to complain

g5 was a game, if that suicune set won into volc ggs to him but yea sorry for crit

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844187101-ctl9w07ehrjwuj3ch2smg3bqwr3bse3pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844189471-69x23mk1cymkw3qx391lhqjpjgkqdfvpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844193203-ujcqnk1tt27nrvofnxyz47b89ge8vwipw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844196969-45rrr9b70qcep74rssk1976ll11eh8upw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844203634-y85w5ie9r910n4k2bajjy718fgqf3jgpw

shoutouts to emil blurb for banger teams, dez, crucify for looking at teams, lancer for manifesting crit g5, my luck stat and kaif for being a great manager
peace out

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
won in 5 vs xstatic cold
the ptsd is over, unclean series but im not one to complain

g5 was a game, if that suicune set won into volc ggs to him but yea sorry for crit

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844187101-ctl9w07ehrjwuj3ch2smg3bqwr3bse3pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844189471-69x23mk1cymkw3qx391lhqjpjgkqdfvpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844193203-ujcqnk1tt27nrvofnxyz47b89ge8vwipw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844196969-45rrr9b70qcep74rssk1976ll11eh8upw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1844203634-y85w5ie9r910n4k2bajjy718fgqf3jgpw

shoutouts to emil blurb for banger teams, dez, crucify for looking at teams, lancer for manifesting crit g5, my luck stat and kaif for being a great manager
peace out

it won.
i just had to not miss hydro pump.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)