temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1574644182847.png

:dugtrio:
1574644171845.png
:noivern: :whimsicott: :ditto:
1574644177889.png

hey, here's a cheese team that I've been doing decent with. with sword and shield out, of course I had to make a brand new team. after experimentation for many days, I found success with this fun squad. it features both dracozolt and dracovish, two pokemon with access to insanely strong moves. dracozolt gets bolt beak and dracovish gets fishious rend, which are both strong stabs that double in damage when the user is faster than the opponent / the opponent switches. sadly they're rather slow, so their matchup vs offense is kinda meh. i considered sticky web but these two would still be rather slow, only having base 75 speed. i noticed whimsicott was still in the game so i decided on tailwind.

1574644119174.png

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash • Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpD / 252 Spe • Jolly Nature
Earthquake • Screech • Reversal • Stealth Rock

dugtrio is here to trap threats / annoyances to the rest of the team. mons like tyranitar, barraskewda, and especially excadrill get trapped. i use screech to lower the defense of a mon like ferro, seismitoad or clef so i can follow up with eq or reversal. there's obviously no room for another rocker, so i put it here. dug appreciates whimsicott's and noivern's u-turns. with 20 spdef, you can tank a hydreigon dark pulse after rocks and ohko with reversal if they stay in. in some match-ups this thing is kinda deadweight, like when it fights like g-corsola, corviknight and hippo.

1574644127901.png

Dracozolt @ Choice Band • Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe • Jolly Nature
Bolt Beak • Facade • Earthquake • Fire Fang

dracozolt is so busted but it can sometimes miss. electric is also not as spammable as water, so bolt beak is slightly worse than fishious rend imo. i don't run dragon stab because i was tired of lame ass ditto just copying my dracozolt and sweeping me because i let whimsicott die. this is probably what you'll be dynamaxing most often, as you can switch to max flare to hit ferro or max quake to hit opposing electrics. facade is on my set because if i get toxic'd by pex, i can do 60+ to the obv hippo switch. i use jolly over ada because this thing already has enough power. outspeeding swift swim drednaw is another important feat of jolly that ada can't accomplish. this thing has a tough matchup when they dont throw their exca out to my dug.

1574644137363.png

Noivern @ Leftovers • Ability: Frisk / Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe • Timid Nature
Tailwind • U-turn • Defog • Flamethrower

possibly the most wack mon on this team, i got noivern. frisk helps be find out the item on some mons but honestly infiltrator is prolly better. determining the item of an opp is barely even useful tbh so idrk why i run frisk. this mon is a straight discount torn, but its utility is still there. someone can make a more complex ev spread if they'd like, but this ev spread accomplishes what needs to be done. flamethrower hits aegi, ferro, corviknight and other fire-weak mons, which can help the fishes in the long run (particularly ferro). i gain a much needed ground-immunity, so i can tailwind on grounds. defog support is helpful, but sometimes it's annoying to try defog and have enough tailwind teams available. noivern can be used to pivot against cinderace, resisting its stab and coverage options (bar gunk shot if they use that?).

1574644142928.png

Whimsicott @ Leftovers • Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe • Jolly Nature
Tailwind • U-turn • Encore • Moonblast

whimsicott is like the star outside of the dracos. it's what mainly gets the tailwind up, and it is usually what i switch into mons like dragapult, opposing dracos or grounds. i sometimes find myself switching into exca to u-turn to dug and trap too. 112+ spe outspeeds hydreigon. i initially had stun spore over blast, but i was tired of losing to sub np hydreigon instantly. i wish i could also fit a grass stab onto this set, because the ground/waters like seismitoad and gastro literally destroy this team. hatterene is an annoying pos that blocks my encore, so thats a thing.

1574644150132.png

Dracovish @ Choice Band • Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe • Adamant/Jolly Nature
Fishious Rend • Crunch / Low Kick • Psychic Fangs • Super Fang

probably the best mon on the team, the fish can singlehandedly body teams. fishious rend 3hkos phys def resists, ohkos mons like corvinknight, haxorus, dragapult. similar to dracozolt, i dont use dragon stab so ditto doesnt clap me. sometimes u might want to dynamax this thing, but u lose the op fishious rend for a few turns. super fang is filler fr, so u can run whatever u want there. something like protect could work so u can have max protect while dynamax i guess. low kick bops ferro but i always just click fishious rend anyway. since vish has base 90 atk, i mostly use ada. jolly outspeeds drednaw but sometimes i dont ohko corvinkights so nty.

1574644156301.png

Ditto @ Choice Scarf • Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD • Relaxed Nature • IVs: 0 Atk
Transform

ditto is the mon that's here because the team is bad. it's my insurance against sweepers like gyara. it doesnt protect me from lucha but you'll probably just want dracozolt for that. if ur playing a non-dynamax mode, you can put another breaker in this slot, as i noticed the broken sweepers were a lot less prevalent. i've tried toxtricity, and it brought me great success in this slot. whenever dynamax is banned, that's the mon i'd use. ditto will obviously be the pokemon you dynamax in match-ups where u just copied a sweeper. remember that dynamax removes your scarf boost, so you'd be speed tying. try just attacking raw first in case they're in range.

replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016222620
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016224866
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016004299
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016220802
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016074797 (no dynamax tour | toxtricity used)

import: https://pokepast.es/fda688407a315e38

i think this team will become better when dynamax is gone. if u use this team be aware that gastrodon / seismitoad 6-0 the whole fkin team thx for reading

temp

legacy
Why is the ditto at 0ivs in attack ? I see every ditto posted here having that, but wouldn't you want 31 ivs if you were to copy a physical attacker ? Sorry, I'm new to this.
Actually, having 0 Atk IVs doesn't change anything. I should actually make it 0 Speed IVs, though, which would help in the rare scenario of Ditto vs. Ditto where the one who runs out of Transforms first loses.

Actually, having 0 Atk IVs doesn't change anything. I should actually make it 0 Speed IVs, though, which would help in the rare scenario of Ditto vs. Ditto where the one who runs out of Transforms first loses.
I don’t think you should put 0 Evs on ditto, because sometimes when you need to dynamax your ditto (etc. gyarados with moxie and dd boosts) Your ditto will be slower than your opponent(just saying). Other than that, nice team!

temp

legacy
I don’t think you should put 0 Evs on ditto, because sometimes when you need to dynamax your ditto (etc. gyarados with moxie and dd boosts) Your ditto will be slower than your opponent(just saying). Other than that, nice team!
No, it doesn't make you slower then the opponent. You can even test it yourself on Showdown if you need to.

Interesting team. Silly concept, but interesting nonetheless.

What are your outs to Water Absorb Seismitoad and Storm Drain Gastrodon?

temp

legacy
Interesting team. Silly concept, but interesting nonetheless.

What are your outs to Water Absorb Seismitoad and Storm Drain Gastrodon?
yea now that every team has seismitoad this team isnt very usable. i used to try and get any chances possible to just chip the toad with dracozolt or dugtrio if dug has limited use in the match-up

yea now that every team has seismitoad this team isnt very usable. i used to try and get any chances possible to just chip the toad with dracozolt or dugtrio if dug has limited use in the match-up
If that's the case, why not swap out Noivern for something that deals with them better? I'd probably say something like Mowtom as a pivot with VS and OHKO potential with Leaf Storm. Regrettably, it doesn't get Defog anymore, so you may need to swap out Ditto for something that can use the move - Maybe try Court Change Cinderace?

temp

legacy
If that's the case, why not swap out Noivern for something that deals with them better? I'd probably say something like Mowtom as a pivot with VS and OHKO potential with Leaf Storm. Regrettably, it doesn't get Defog anymore, so you may need to swap out Ditto for something that can use the move - Maybe try Court Change Cinderace?
that slot needs to be a naturally fast tailwind user, as whimsicott cannot do the job as a tailwind mon alone. just putting a rotom-mow there honestly wouldn't instantly make the seismitoad MU good either. idk, i'd honestly give up on this team; the 2 dracos cant really do much in the current meta when theyre on the same team

that slot needs to be a naturally fast tailwind user, as whimsicott cannot do the job as a tailwind mon alone. just putting a rotom-mow there honestly wouldn't instantly make the seismitoad MU good either. idk, i'd honestly give up on this team; the 2 dracos cant really do much in the current meta when theyre on the same team
That's fair, yeah. If you really wanna do this and don't mind selling your soul, wait until their hidden abilities drop and then make a sand team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)