DOU 2022 Doubles Invitational (Won by Crunchman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Gravity Sleep Clause: Sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy may not be used in conjunction with Gravity.
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot dynamax.
Pokémon Restrictions
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
  • Calyrex-Ice
  • Calyrex-Shadow
  • Dialga
  • Eternatus
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Jirachi
  • Kartana
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem-White
  • Lugia
  • Lunala
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Melmetal
  • Mewtwo
  • Necrozma-Dawn Wings
  • Necrozma-Dusk Mane
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Solgaleo
  • Urshifu (Single Strike)
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zacian
  • Zacian-Crowned
  • Zamazenta
  • Zamazenta-Crowned
  • Zekrom
Players cannot use the following abilities:
  • Power Construct
  • Shadow Tag
Players cannot use the following moves:
  • Swagger

Top 16
(Player cards by
Yomama2798)

jrl_banner.png
toxigen_banner.png

(1) JRL vs Toxigen (16)

chris32156_banner.png
meminger21_banner.png

(8) Chris32156 vs Meminger21 (9)

crunchman_banner.png
mishimono_banner.png

(5) Crunchman vs Mishimono (12)

fespy_banner.png
smb_banner.png

(4) fespy vs SMB (13)

akaru_kokuyo_banner.png
banned.png

(3) Akaru Kokuyo vs tob (14)

givrix_banner.png
papiloco_banner.png

(6) Givrix vs papiloco (11)

madaraaaa_banner.png
actuarily_banner.png

(7) MADARAAAA vs Actuarily (10)

shadowmonstr7_banner.png
fangame10_banner.png

(2) Shadowmonstr7 vs Fangame10 (15)
Top 8
(Player cards by
Yomama2798)

jrl_banner.png
meminger21_banner.png

(1) JRL vs Meminger21 (9)

crunchman_banner.png
smb_banner.png

(5) Crunchman vs SMB (13)

banned.png
papiloco_banner.png

(14) tob vs papiloco (11)

actuarily_banner.png
shadowmonstr7_banner.png

(10) Actuarily vs Shadowmonstr7 (2)
(Player cards by Yomama2798)

meminger21_banner.png
crunchman_banner.png

(9) Meminger21 vs Crunchman (5)

banned.png
shadowmonstr7_banner.png

(14) tob vs Shadowmonstr7 (2)

Finals
(Player cards by
Yomama2798)

crunchman_banner.png
shadowmonstr7_banner.png

(5) Crunchman vs Shadowmonstr7 (2)

The deadline for Finals is Sunday 1st January, 11:59pm GMT+0.

As always, replays are required for this tournament. Also, be sure to post your match times so we can watch live and possibly even stream!

This is a single elimination, Best of 3 SS Doubles OU tournament.

Good luck to everyone, looking forward to some great games!

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
RE: tob

tob has now been permabanned and will be removed from the tour. As per official tournament rules, his Semi-Finals opponent Shadowmonstr7 will now receive the win and automatically advance to Finals of the tour. Apologies for any earlier confusion.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1760928020
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1760940776
To my opponents this tour:
GGs Shadowmonstr7. It's really a full circle moment, it feels like you've been in the same communities since I first started almost two years ago. (In fact, that's because you have). Your performance this year has been nothing short of spectacular both in circuits and helping Frania to overachieve in SCL; you were definitely a worthy finals opponent.
Meminger21 sorry I robbed you in semis. Like I said earlier, you had an amazing year and it's been a pleasure to watch you go from Aurora Veil + DD Kyu-B to the beast you are today. I was really impressed by your prep and I know you could just as easily be in my place right now.
SMB I have mad respect for you as both a player and a builder. Nobody else in the tier builds as creatively and pilots as precisely as you do. You've already done a lot in this tier, but I don't expect that to stop there.
Mishimono I still remember the first time we played in that Gen 6 DOU roomtour and I don't remember the specifics but you schooled me on a Genesect play that I made imprecisely. Since then you have been a great friend and presence, and you always seem to show up at the best times.

For helping me with prep in various ways:
Yellow Paint who agreed to take me on as his tutee and provided valuable insight as well as assistance in refining my builds.
Memoric who helped steer me in the right direction during BLT and developed my skillset to be more complete.
Ninja and Grandmas Cookin who let me help out with prep during SCL, fostering my building ability.
Z Strats who has answered countless DMs from me asking about random things and helped me glean a greater understanding of the meta.
Toxigen who I deeply respect as a builder and gave me a few pointers leading up to this tournament. Also a great gossip buddy x.x
emma who taught me how to scout during my first BLT.
tob whose quick rise to success I admired, and whom I was deeply disappointed to find was not the nice guy I thought he was.

Now onto the people I've interacted with who have made an impression on me, in no particular order:
From my first few months in the PS room: Actuarily Yellow Paint Yoda2798 Paraplegic balbuceodada MADARAAAA RelicanthPrimal you all were a joy to talk to and taught me a lot of what I learned in my formative years.
From DOUcord - zoe bunnyy Fangame10 NotlPrimRose Chris32156 NinjaSnapple Level 51 GenOne zee Arcticblast Memoric Yoda2798 YoBuddy Amaranth Toxigen You all make DOUcord interesting and how great the community is easily explains why DOUcord is where I have spent most of my time in the past year.

Lands - Tenzai stax Nido-Rus Qwello Lee YoBuddy kaori Chloe talkingtree Bless Voltix we had an amazing group, and if we could run the finals back I have no doubt we'd win.

US West 2021: Spurrific emforbes papiloco fespy I want Atago to sit on me Shadowmonstr7 Biosci MajorBowman Demantoid KennyJ This was my first Doubles only teamtour, and being able to prep and talk with so many great minds of the game was both helpful for my development and just genuinely fun.

US West 2022: EternalSnowman Fishy KennyJ EVIL z0mOG jonas stax I want Atago to sit on me fespy Lemurro eragon11145 K3ppr and helpers AIRedzone smudgerox GenOne Feyy I knew we had some talent this year and you all proved it. I'm so proud of each and every one of you and I know we have what it takes to win the finals.

Tournaments roomstaff: Rage Isaiah trace Micoy Theia sirDonovan velvet PrinceOfAllTacos Swiffix Frixel Daki saba Banbadoro Jordy004 Tranquility Jadinobambino sirmrwhale @Ceruledges Liimpy Sificon ChaosLucaro shadowmaster6789 this is one of the nicest groups of people you will find on the site, and it truly was a pleasure to work with all of you. I will never forget my roots and I look forward to my third BLT this year.

Snorlaxes: EternalSnowman trace Fragments Ninja gorex Attribute TDNT Elfuseon GW lkapkd1 Meminger21 RoyalReloaded tazz Zeno420 ZoroDark you all were an amazing group to play with, it's no surprise we won the tournament and I know each of you will keep crushing it in the future.

Yung Professionals and Randbats Community: Forsh Fragments LoSconosciuto bobomania MaswoodShaheb RSB Irpachuza Rage A Cake Wearing A Hat sharpclaw Clementine Magmar54 platinumCheesecake Syrinix Wubben Quoise Casual dot exe Emboar02 longhiep341 Piapia javitu DOOR MONEY Baloor 2020 idm boomer Celever Xceloh Yes or no my dude peap PrinceOfAllTacos za Roginald Sylveon used calm mind Lady Writer Tarrembeau clean Randbats is the other half of me and the inspired discussions and general company of the community is something I appreciate very much.

Church of Ethey: Baloor TeamCharm e~t~h~e~y wesh papillon FatFighter2 Surfy TheGreenRoman Sificon Danny teresbahji Pokeslice y'all were my first friend group. It's been a long journey

Natdex/AG/Natdex AG: omicorio adem Kate Will baconeatinassassin Skooma Trade Seldanna Fc Chloe Geysers the time I spent in your community was some of my happiest, and I will always look fondly upon it.

LSN's WNDRLND: dave Fishy Lady Salamence BIG ASHLEY Dolphin Roccy Pesky Bidoof Princess ashelyDeluxe faint Dorron astralydia Misty Piapia Tenshi Such a wonderful social circle to be in, takes me away from mons for a bit. Sometimes can be snarky or silly, but really feels likes a close family.

Friends I made outside of a community: Lumii you're so great to talk to and listen to. You have one of the purest souls and work hard for this site. It has been truly phenomenal to see how much you are doing and accomplishing.
bb skarm it's just my personality to shun doing things with one person, and usually I don't play a lot of friendlies for that reason. But our late night games and banter have been great; you're such a funny guy.
Junaa you truly are a good person, and interacting with someone who is so different from me has helped me learn a lot about myself.
yuki somehow we seem to end up in similar places at similar times - I really do enjoy your company and I hope you do mine.
neycwang I have nothing but respect for your patience in putting up with me. You are very chill
Waves such a real guy, I just have a feeling I can count on you.
UT Your levels of calm and patience are enviable - it's not surprise you were made a Smod.

I missed so many amazing people I've interacted with, almost everyone I talked to has left a positive impression on me. Thank you to all of the communities that have had me and made lasting memories, and if you made it to the bottom of this post, I appreciate you reading it all :D This was definitely the best possible way to start off the New Year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)