CAP BSR Calculator for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone. With the stats stage of CAP 23 fast approaching, I just realized that the BSR calculator had yet to be updated to 7th gen, so I went ahead and did that:

USUM BSR Calculator (Download)
Last Updated: April 12th, 2019

This new version features all of the new Pokemon and new forms from the Sun and Moon games, as well as the updated stats for older Pokemon. Furthermore, as we are now building our CAP Pokemon for the CAP metagame, the CAP Pokemon themselves are included in the data set used to derive the formulae, unlike on some previous iterations of the calculator.

If you find any errors in the calculator, or have any other comments or suggestions about it, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:
I found an error. The Base Stat Rating (BSR) column does not account for all of the pokemon in the standard deviation calculation. It only uses about the first 904 instead of using all of the 931 pokemon.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I found an error. The Base Stat Rating (BSR) column does not account for all of the pokemon in the standard deviation calculation. It only uses about the first 904 instead of using all of the 931 pokemon.
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I fixed that for the other ones, but I guess I missed that one. I will have that fixed and uploaded in grrr next few hours. Thanks for pointing it out.

jas61292

used substitute
I've updated the link with the aforementioned error fixed. Anyone while the change is not major, anyone who has already downloaded the calculator should get the new version before using it for any submissions in the upcoming stats stage.

jas61292

used substitute
Huh, that one is very weird. Either I did something accidentally, or that mistake has been there since before I took over updating the calc, because I had no reason to ever touch the older mons.

As it is just a small mistake on one Pokemon, it won't affect too much, and it is not worth asking everyone to download a new version and post new numbers for this project's stat stage. That said, I will absolutely update it when I get the chance.

Thanks for pointing it out, and good catch.

jas61292

used substitute
In anticipation of the upcoming stats stage, I have updated the BSR calc for USUM, including adding in the new Pokemon, fixing the above errors, and also adding in the Mega Lati's who were missing for some reason. It should be all good to go now. The link in the OP should be for the updated calc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)